U23- Games of the XXXII Olympiad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kavian View Post
    There are so many talented players in this U23 squad.
    Although I like Estili and think he a decent guy but I am not sure he has what it takes to take this team to the next level of performance.
    This team needed a coach like CQ to put it all together and create a natural transition for best players to National Team.
    Only few and the rest very average.

Last month they lost to Qatar in Doha , let's find out what will they do on Dec28

Dec 21: Start of training camp in Doha
    Dec 25: Game 1 V A Qatari Club ( TBD)
    Dec 28 : Game 2 V Qatar U23
    Dec 29 : Return to Tehran

Comment

they also beat australia.

Clearly they have weaknesses defensviely, but I think they have more than a little bit of quality offensively.

Ghaedi, Mohebbi, Allahyar, Mehdikhani, Shekari, Delfi (if fit) are individually better than pretty much every asian opposition forward line in the tournament bar maybe South Korea or Japan, who they would be equal to?

Noorafkan is also improving a lot and in great form, derakhshanmehr and more developed player, both were starters in u20 world cup and have experience.

The rest I agree, average.

But that is a solid group of players to build around. Its not like they are playing world class opposition. At the asian standards, if this group of individuals can be organized into a solid unit off the ball and play offensively in a manner that shows their skill but is also not selfish, they should have enough. the IF is a big one though due to coaching issues.

This team is not short of talent however, considering this is asian opposition especially.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
        they also beat australia.
        Clearly they have weaknesses defensviely, but I think they have more than a little bit of quality offensively.
        Ghaedi, Mohebbi, Allahyar, Mehdikhani, Shekari, Delfi (if fit) are individually better than pretty much every asian opposition forward line in the tournament bar maybe South Korea or Japan, who they would be equal to?
        Noorafkan is also improving a lot and in great form, derakhshanmehr and more developed player, both were starters in u20 world cup and have experience.
        The rest I agree, average.
        But that is a solid group of players to build around. Its not like they are playing world class opposition. At the asian standards, if this group of individuals can be organized into a solid unit off the ball and play offensively in a manner that shows their skill but is also not selfish, they should have enough. the IF is a big one though due to coaching issues.
        This team is not short of talent however, considering this is asian opposition especially.
        Dear
        You are correct about Australia, but they playd 3 games after that and got 1 point. Including Assi game they got 4 points from 4 games with _1 GD.
        That is not mark of a good team.

Peyrovani & Estili simply don't know how to fix Defense line. He said he will use Noorafkan as a CB and thats all about his solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
          Even Skocic could have been a decent choice, he seems to work well with young players.

Sent from my MAR-LX3A using Tapatalk
          I’ve been saying the same thing for a long time he is a pretty ideal realistic candidate but IFF has no clue how to do anything that will make U23 successful
          Team Meli Iran
          Perspolis FC
          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Yalda

Comment

Noorafkan:

We're a big team with a big heart and a big dream

The captain of the Iran U23 football team says our goal is to climb to the Olympics because we know this will be a great chance in our lives.

Last edited by St_Mark; 12-22-2019, 04:42 AM.

Comment

So what is the expected XI looking like?

Comment

We won’t pass the group stage. I like how every player in Iran can just turn into a coach suddenly. Estili is going to destroy these talents and then come back and quit and then will hire Farhad majidi because he is also just popular. I mean the level of stupidity in this country is Laughable and sad

Comment

U23 Update:

Original plan include two games in Qatar, Wed game against a Qatari Club and Sat game versus Qatar Olympic team, but they were unable to find a team to play on Wed. Estili decided to divide 28 players into two teams to help him select final list of 23 players for Thailand.

"
                    We have an important game against the Qatar Olympic team on Saturday, which can be very effective for us,
                    Before this game we tried to play with one of the Qatari clubs, but it did not worked out . We prefer to divide the players into two groups in a serious inter-team match on Wednesday.
                    We have asked the Qatar Federation to provide an official referee for this game, and we want to create the perfect conditions for a serious match. Given that we have to look for options in some remaining positions, this game can be very important to us, and we are trying to evaluate players' abilities."

"

Regarding Final list:
                    "It is a very difficult task to select the final 23 players, We have meetings with the technical staff every night, and we talk for hours. Our effort is to choose the best and the most worthy, and also not oppress anyone.
                    Some players are really on the same level and it is very difficult to choose the final option. We try to make the best decision so that the selection is justified. In the end, God willing, if successful, the reward will be for all

"

Comment

2020 AFC U23 Championship in Thailand will have VAR

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/2020-af...084022937.html

Comment

Our group rival South Korea's squad announced
                        https://www.foxsportsasia.com/footba...t-lee-kang-in/

Comment

Friendly 2nd game

The match will be held at the UAE Football Association Stadium and will begin at 4 pm (5 pm Tashkent time).

First Match Dec 22
                          Uzbek 4:2 Iraq

Uzbekistan U-23: Abduvohid Negmatov, Islam Kobilov, Abdulla Abdullayev, Dilshod Saitov, Aziz Ganiev, Nurillo Tuhtasinov, Jasur Yahshiboev, Bobur Abdihalikov, Ilhom Alijonov, Husniddin Alikulov, Sanjar Kadyrkulov.
                          Reserve: Nizomiddin Ziyovutdinov, Mashkhur Muhammadjonov, Hojiakbar Alijonov, Sherzod Nasrullaev, Oybek Rustamov, Sharof Muhiddinov, Abror Ismailov, Aziz Amonov, Islam Kenjaboev, Oybek Bozorov, Mirjahon Mirahmadov, Doston Ibragimov.

Goals
                          Last edited by St_Mark; 12-25-2019, 06:00 AM.

Comment

3-
                            1- Iroq U-23 3:1

Comment

U23 White 2:1 U23 Red
                              W-G: Jafar Alba 2
                              R-G: Shekari

Jafar Salmani- Meraj Esmaeili

Last edited by St_Mark; 12-25-2019, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Red

Norollahi

Najarian- Taherkhani-Aghasi- Moslemipour

Khodabandelo ( Dehghani) -Shojaei

Roostaei-Shekari-Ghaedi

Jafari

White

Esmaeili

Shahsavari ( Saki) - Dorreh - Noorafkan - Drakhshanmehr

Zamehran -Sharifi

Mehdikhani-Hosseinzaseh (Jabireh) -Salmani

Azadi
                                Last edited by St_Mark; 12-25-2019, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X