U23- Games of the XXXII Olympiad - Page 10

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 115 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: U23- Games of the XXXII Olympiad

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 3,091 Times in 1,347 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    So correct me if I'm wrong....

We have currently 6 players playing in Europe who are under 23:

Sadegh Moharrami (22, RB) - Dinamo Zagreb
    Mohammad Naderi (21, CB) - Kortrijk
    Ali Gholizadeh (22, F/W) - Charleroi
    Omid Nourafkan (21, LB/DM) - Charleroi
    Reza Shekari (20, CAM) - Rubin Kazan
    Saeid Ezzatollahi (21, DM) - ?

When was the last time this happened??

and why aren't Shekari, Noorafkan and Ezzatollahi included in the U23 TM squad?

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post

Ali Gholizadeh (18, F/W) - Charleroi

Gholizadeh is 22

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 11,296 Times in 4,738 Posts
    Ali Gholizadeh (18, F/W) - Charleroi

Shekari & Noorafkan has been invited but will join later on only for Asian games.
    rest of players has not been invited because of weird logic by IFF officials.

For Asian games, players under age of 23 plus 3 overaged players are eligible but Iran has decided to attend with a U21 team.
    They said because they want to invite only players that can play for the team in 2020 Olympic!.

Although the idea may be sound but the method is very stupid and will not result as they wish.

This current U21 will fail in Asian games against older players and no gains from defeats.
    Best is to send U23 teams that include at least 12 U21 players and after Asian games focus on 2020 Olympics. There are several U23 players in Iran that are eligible and much stronger players but they have not been invited.

Some of these current U21 players most likely won't even make it to 2020 Olympics.

Next week they will play 2 games in Iraq and if they get defeated most likely demoralize U21 players before Asian games.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to St_Mark For This Useful Post:

Sly

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Khashayar24 View Post
    Gholizadeh is 22
    Thanks for the correction. Edited.

PFDC Top Member

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by St_Mark View Post
    Shekari & Noorafkan has been invited but will join later on only for Asian games.
    rest of players has not been invited because of weird logic by IFF officials.

For Asian games, players under age of 23 plus 3 overaged players are eligible but Iran has decided to attend with a U21 team.
    They said because they want to invite only players that can play for the team in 2020 Olympic!.

Although the idea may be sound but the method is very stupid and will not result as they wish.

This current U21 will fail in Asian games against older players and no gains from defeats.
    Best is to send U23 teams that include at least 12 U21 players and after Asian games focus on 2020 Olympics. There are several U23 players in Iran that are eligible and much stronger players but they have not been invited.

Some of these current U21 players most likely won't even make it to 2020 Olympics.

Next week they will play 2 games in Iraq and if they get defeated most likely demoralize U21 players before Asian games.
    But don't Japan and South Korea usually come with their U21 teams in these tournaments? I think at least Japan did before, didn't they?

and the fact that those players aren't invited.........doesn't it have to do with Kranjkar's decision? I guess he had a say in this.

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    But don't Japan and South Korea usually come with their U21 teams in these tournaments? I think at least Japan did before, didn't they?

and the fact that those players aren't invited.........doesn't it have to do with Kranjcar's decision? I guess he had a say in this.

1-It is not Kranjcar decision. The decision was made even before he was hired and he is so weak to challenge this decision. At first, he suggested inviting even TM young players but he had no authority

2- Japan has done in the past and is doing it especially for friendly tournaments. We should follow a reasonable plan that suits us base on our conditions and abilities. For example, Japan has teams for every age groups while we don't even have U19 teams nor a U19 coach since last year. Last year IFF send U17 -18 team to play for U19 games. Iran failed to qualify from the group stage . Failed final round and next WCu20.
    Just because Japaan doing something sometimes it does not mean we should follow blindly.

3- There are many IPL U23 players eligible for Playing for Asian games of 2018 games and deserve to be invited and play. After Asian games, they can invite new squad. As I said, in my opinion, several of these current squad will not even make it in the team in 2020 to begin with.

I will say more about this after games in Iraq.

PFDC Asset

Thanks
    سلطانی فر: طلای آسیا را از تیم امید می خواهیم

All politics.

ALL THE IFF MEN

9. The Following User Says Thank You to St_Mark For This Useful Post:

Sly

PFDC Top Member

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by St_Mark View Post
    .1-It is not Kranjcar decision. The decision was made even before he was hired and he is so weak to challenge this decision. At first, he suggested inviting even TM young players but he had no authority
    This is why I think someone like CQ is so good for this $h*tty football. Only his kind of personality can make an impact in Iran.

Thanks
    Don’t forget Reza Chaab playing in Finland

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hajik For This Useful Post:

PFDC Asset

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 115 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 350

You do not have permission to view the list of names.