U23- Games of the XXXII Olympiad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
    i wouldnt call it sad. For our players to develop they need chances but also they need to have quality. The ones that are qualified more often than not play. Allahyar, Mohebbi, Salimi, Niazmand, Mehdikhani. When moharrami was very young a couple years ago he played for PP every match. We have a group of guys that play at clubs that have high profile players and wont play a u23 player who might be good enough instead of them. Tractor wont play shekari ahead of shojaei or dejagah. IMO, it is better for our younger players to follow path of gholizadeh, delfi rather than go to big clubs (although the draw of PP or SS is hard to resist). Playing for teams like Saipa allows them to get experience playing men but also have higher possiblity of still transferring to europe.

IMO, the team that played today was barely our B team. Shariati, Mehdikhani, Delfi, Allahyar, Mohebbi, Noorafkan should all normally be involved.

-------------------------Esmaili--------------
    Aghajanpour----Shariati----Aghasi----derakhshanmehr
    -----------------Zamehran-----Noorakfan----------------
    Mehdikhani--------Shekari/Delfi/ Shojaei-----------------Mohebbi
    --------------------------Allahyar-------------------------
    Bench : Jabireh, Ghaedi, roostaei, Hosseinzadeh, Sharifi

This xi is composed of almost all starters/regulars for their club sides to my knowledge with exception of shekari and moslemipour. U23 is weak defensively, individually and as a unit. I hope they have a 4-6 week camp before tournament and one other camp next month to work on defensive team structure, fitness, etc. If they can have a team structure defensively the offensive weapons at their disposal should be too much for most asian opposition to handle.

Derakhshanmehr is quality player, only 21, and already experienced u20 WC. He can be a great asset for this team considering weak full backs.
    Very good.
    One question mark is Darakhshanmehr. He no longer play LB at his club Zobahan. He moved to MF he play as LW.

Comment

^
      LB Available

Abolfazl Jalali Saipa
      Abolfazl Razaghpour Tractor sazi
      Sadat Hardani R & L Foulad
      Ahmadreza Jalali ( U19 C) Shahr Khodro
      Matin Karimzadeh Parse Jam
      Pedram Ghazipour Golgohar
      Mustafa Aghajani Zobahan

Comment

An Australia U-23 Men’s National Team selection suffered a 2-1 defeat to IR Iran in Qatar on Monday.
        The game, which was played at Al Duhail Stadium in Doha, saw IR Iran go 2-0 up in the first half via goals in the fourth and 25th minutes respectively.
        Australia enjoyed plenty of positive moments in the encounter with Ben Folami from Ipswich Town one player to cause issues for the IR Iran defence.
        Folami forced the Iranian goalkeeper into a remarkable save that would have made the game 1-1 in the first half, before he won a penalty for Australia immediately after the restart. Panos Armenakas converted the spot kick.

The match concluded Australia’s training camp in Qatar, with interim U-23 Head Coach Gary van Egmond having had the chance to work with 17 overseas-based players as well as six professionals from the Hyundai A-League as the green and gold continue to prepare for next year’s AFC U-23 Championship in Thailand.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
          Very good.
          One question mark is Darakhshanmehr. He no longer play LB at his club Zobahan. He moved to MF he play as LW.
          In this case I think we must overlook that recent and possibly temporary position change. Many LBs in modern game also play as wingers for a time period and vice versa.

Derakhshanmehr has : excellent technique. Many of these other full backs in the age group can hardly trap a ball. Good speed and stamina. And experience from 1 other qualifying campaign and a fairly successful WC campaign too. Even as a LB who is currently playing LB he blows all of the other guys you mentioned out of the water in terms of quality. Having Shariati, Noorafkan, Delfi, Allahyar, Derakhshanmehr, Mehdikhani, Gholami as core of the team is crucial because they have experienced high pressure youth WC games very recently. As have Hosseinzadeh, Sharifi. Mohebi brings with him recent experiences with TM.

Any news on ghobeishavi? He was actually the best midfield player for u17 team, I know he plays for SNA?

Comment

In this case
            TM.
            Any news on ghobeishavi? He was actually the best midfield player for u17 team, I know he plays for SNA?

He plays for Brazil and get chance as sub but Salmani ( in his left side) who play regularly for the team was selected by Estili.

Jafar Salmani ( Jafar Alba!) was invited as LW for U23 ,but last year at age of 20 played for Brazil as LB.

here is comparison

Last edited by St_Mark; 10-15-2019, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Indonesia U23 vs Iran U23

November 2019
              Indonesia

تیم امید در بازی بعدی خود دو بازی دوستانه با تیم امید اندونزی در خاک این کشور برگزار خواهد کرد.

Games are during next FIFA days

Indonesia did not make it to Champion stage ( 16 teams) , They lost to Vietnam & thailand ( Group K)

Comment

U-22 Uzbekistan beat U-22 South Korea 2-1 away from home yesterday. Our group is really tough. Here is the highlights of the match.

Meanwhile U-22 Japan beat U-22 Brazil 3-2 away from home without their key players Kubo (Mallorca, on loan from R Madrid), Tomiyasu (Bologna), Doan (PSV), Sugawara (AZ) and Itakura (Groningen, on loan from City). This Japan almost beat Uruguay senior team at the Copa America too. We need to win our group to avoid team in the semifinal because only the top 3 teams can qualify.

Comment

In this case I think we must overlook that recent and possibly temporary position change. Many LBs in modern game also play as wingers for a time period and vice versa.

Derakhshanmehr has :?
                  Today game

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
                    U-22 Uzbekistan beat U-22 South Korea 2-1 away from home yesterday. Our group is really tough. Here is the highlights of the match.

Meanwhile U-22 Japan beat U-22 Brazil 3-2 away from home without their key players Kubo (Mallorca, on loan from R Madrid), Tomiyasu (Bologna), Doan (PSV), Sugawara (AZ) and Itakura (Groningen, on loan from City). This Japan almost beat Uruguay senior team at the Copa America too. We need to win our group to avoid team in the semifinal because only the top 3 teams can qualify.
                    AFC found we had too many decent groups lately, they gave us Bahrain and Iraq (I guess KSA will be reserved for us if we qualify for the next WCQ round) and this nightmare group

Comment

Iran U23 vs Ukraine U23

November 10, 2019
                      Turkey

November ?? 2019
                      Indonesia

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post

Iran U23 vs Ukraine U23

November 10, 2019
                        Turkey

November ?? 2019
                        Indonesia
                        wow! Ukraine u23. Impressive considering Ukraine u20 was just crowned WC Champion last year, so those guys are probably all making up their u23 team for olympics now. Some very high quality players. Considering we just had Australia match, two Uzbekistan games, a Ukraine, and final warmup vs Indonesia is solid preparation for this team. Hopefully Estili has access to all the best players of the age group and picks a solid starting 11, and they use the Ukraine match to focus on defensive shape and solidity.

Mehdikhani is playing regularly in croatia and his club is in solid form. Mohebbi in great form for sepahan. Allahyar getting minutes now in Turkey, and Delfi hopefully back from injury soon. From those 4 guys I would pick the front three, and Im pretty confident they will be hard for any asian u23 team to contain, especially with shekari feeding balls from behind.

Comment

howdafuaq is that this destined to be a perceptual fail Team gets to travel all over the place and play all sorts of friendlies and we can't buy ourself even 1 semi decent friendly for the senior TM prior to a vital/do or die WCQ..??

Comment

probably cheaper to set them up man

Comment

I dont know man, seems like barring a team asking for a playing fee ..! the expense of sending some 20+ players somewhere and the cost to camp and feed them should be about the same..!!
                              outside of some marquee national teams, (Brazil, Arg. Germany..etc) i havent heard of many others demanding a fee for playing in a friendly..!!?

i think its more a matter of foresight and Detailed, EARLY planning...!!? which is something that IFF seemingly has always struggled with .... especially more so now without CQ around to bitch them out for it constantly..!

Comment

I don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but just for fun, if we qualify for Tokyo, who do you think would be the best 3 over 23 players to add? I say Beiranvand, Azmoun, and the position where we are weakest.

Comment

Working...
                                X