We have currently 6 players playing in Europe who are under 23:

Sadegh Moharrami (22, RB) - Dinamo Zagreb
    Mohammad Naderi (21, CB) - Kortrijk
    Ali Gholizadeh (22, F/W) - Charleroi
    Omid Nourafkan (21, LB/DM) - Charleroi
    Reza Shekari (20, CAM) - Rubin Kazan
    Saeid Ezzatollahi (21, DM) - ?

When was the last time this happened??

and why aren't Shekari, Noorafkan and Ezzatollahi included in the U23 TM squad?

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
      So correct me if I'm wrong....

Ali Gholizadeh (18, F/W) - Charleroi

Gholizadeh is 22

Comment

So correct me if I'm wrong....
        Ali Gholizadeh (18, F/W) - Charleroi

Shekari & Noorafkan has been invited but will join later on only for Asian games.
        rest of players has not been invited because of weird logic by IFF officials.

For Asian games, players under age of 23 plus 3 overaged players are eligible but Iran has decided to attend with a U21 team.
        They said because they want to invite only players that can play for the team in 2020 Olympic!.

Although the idea may be sound but the method is very stupid and will not result as they wish.

This current U21 will fail in Asian games against older players and no gains from defeats.
        Best is to send U23 teams that include at least 12 U21 players and after Asian games focus on 2020 Olympics. There are several U23 players in Iran that are eligible and much stronger players but they have not been invited.

Some of these current U21 players most likely won't even make it to 2020 Olympics.

Next week they will play 2 games in Iraq and if they get defeated most likely demoralize U21 players before Asian games.

Comment

Originally posted by Khashayar24 View Post
          Gholizadeh is 22
          Thanks for the correction. Edited.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
            Shekari & Noorafkan has been invited but will join later on only for Asian games.
            rest of players has not been invited because of weird logic by IFF officials.

For Asian games, players under age of 23 plus 3 overaged players are eligible but Iran has decided to attend with a U21 team.
            They said because they want to invite only players that can play for the team in 2020 Olympic!.

Although the idea may be sound but the method is very stupid and will not result as they wish.

This current U21 will fail in Asian games against older players and no gains from defeats.
            Best is to send U23 teams that include at least 12 U21 players and after Asian games focus on 2020 Olympics. There are several U23 players in Iran that are eligible and much stronger players but they have not been invited.

Some of these current U21 players most likely won't even make it to 2020 Olympics.

Next week they will play 2 games in Iraq and if they get defeated most likely demoralize U21 players before Asian games.
            But don't Japan and South Korea usually come with their U21 teams in these tournaments? I think at least Japan did before, didn't they?

and the fact that those players aren't invited.........doesn't it have to do with Kranjkar's decision? I guess he had a say in this.

Comment

But don't Japan and South Korea usually come with their U21 teams in these tournaments? I think at least Japan did before, didn't they?

and the fact that those players aren't invited.........doesn't it have to do with Kranjcar's decision? I guess he had a say in this.

1-It is not Kranjcar decision. The decision was made even before he was hired and he is so weak to challenge this decision. At first, he suggested inviting even TM young players but he had no authority

2- Japan has done in the past and is doing it especially for friendly tournaments. We should follow a reasonable plan that suits us base on our conditions and abilities. For example, Japan has teams for every age groups while we don't even have U19 teams nor a U19 coach since last year. Last year IFF send U17 -18 team to play for U19 games. Iran failed to qualify from the group stage . Failed final round and next WCu20.
              Just because Japaan doing something sometimes it does not mean we should follow blindly.

3- There are many IPL U23 players eligible for Playing for Asian games of 2018 games and deserve to be invited and play. After Asian games, they can invite new squad. As I said, in my opinion, several of these current squad will not even make it in the team in 2020 to begin with.

I will say more about this after games in Iraq.

Comment

سلطانی فر: طلای آسیا را از تیم امید می خواهیم

All politics.

ALL THE IFF MEN

Comment

.1-It is not Kranjcar decision. The decision was made even before he was hired and he is so weak to challenge this decision. At first, he suggested inviting even TM young players but he had no authority
                  This is why I think someone like CQ is so good for this $h*tty football. Only his kind of personality can make an impact in Iran.

Comment

Don’t forget Reza Chaab playing in Finland

Comment

Comment

Iran U21 is leaving for Erbil today. They had their second-day practice this morning but players from 4 clubs were absent.
                        Tractorsazi, Gostaresh ( now called Mashinsazi), Saipa & Nasaji clubs did not release their players so far.

Comment

Iran U21 is leaving for Erbil today. They had their second-day practice this morning but players from 4 clubs were absent.
                          Tractorsazi, Gostaresh ( now called Mashinsazi), Saipa & Nasaji clubs did not release their players so far.
                          Iran will be playing Iraq U-21 (or should we call it Iraq A'?)

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                            In before PFDC keyboard warriors saying "Iraq doesn't used overage players!"

Another example: https://twitter.com/hassaninmubarak/...70248768884737

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                              In before PFDC keyboard warriors saying "Iraq doesn't used overage players!"

Another example: https://twitter.com/hassaninmubarak/...70248768884737
                              RACIST

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                                Dear Already I posted their squad list.
                                • Iran will play twice against Iraq in Arbil

Iraq announce squad for 2018 Asian Games

Iraq's 20-man squad for the 2018 Asian Games that starts in August has been announced. The players in bold are above the age of 23.

GK: Jalal Hassan, Ali Kadhim, Mahdi Hashim
                                  DF: Mohammed Abdul-Karim, Saad Natiq, Raad Fanar, Ahmed Abdul-Ridha, Hussam Kadhim, Mustafa Mohammed Maan, Mustafa Mohammed Jabir, Alaa Mhawi
                                  MF: Safaa Hadi, Amjad Attwan, Jassim Mohammed, Mazin Fayyadh, Humam Tariq, Karrar Nabil
                                  FW:
                                  Mohammed Dawood, Alaa Abbas, Mohanad Ali
                                • Iran will play twice against Iraq in Arbil

Iraq announce squad for 2018 Asian Games

Iraq's 20-man squad for the 2018 Asian Games that starts in August has been announced. The players in bold are above the age of 23.

GK: Jalal Hassan, Ali Kadhim, Mahdi Hashim
                                  DF: Mohammed Abdul-Karim, Saad Natiq, Raad Fanar, Ahmed Abdul-Ridha, Hussam Kadhim, Mustafa Mohammed Maan, Mustafa Mohammed Jabir, Alaa Mhawi
                                  MF: Safaa Hadi, Amjad Attwan, Jassim Mohammed, Mazin Fayyadh, Humam Tariq, Karrar Nabil
                                  FW:
                                  Mohammed Dawood, Alaa Abbas, Mohanad Ali

About Iraq Squad:

Abdul-Ghani Shahad, manager of Iraq’s Olympic side, has announced the 20-man squad for the upcoming Asian Games Football Tournament that will take place from 14 August to 1 September.

The squad includes three players over the age of 23, while the rest of the players are 23 years old or under, as per the competition’s rules.

The three overage players are 27 year-old goalkeeper Jalal Hassan, 24 year-oldcentre-back Saad Natiq and30 year-old left-back Hussam Kadhim.

The squad also includes exciting young strikers Mohanad Ali and Mohammed Dawood, while the ever-present Humam Tariq retains his place from the 2014 squad. Senior team regulars Alaa Mhawi and Amjad Attwan also feature, as does striker Alaa Abbas who has been scoring for fun at times for Naft Al-Wasat in the domestic league this season.

Iraq achieved success in both of their most recent Asian Games participations, earning the silver medal in 2006 and the bronze medal in 2014. The draw for the group stage of the 32-team tournament will take place on 15 July 2018.

Comment

Working...
                                X