X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friendly Practice Game..
    U23 2:0 Baderan FC

goals: Asadi

Aghasi-Aghjanpour-Amini - Asadi-gholami-Shojaei(C)
    Razaghpour-Delfi-Zamehran-Khoramhosseini-Ghaedi

Amini
    Aghajanian-Aghasi-Gholami-Razaghpour
    Khoramhosseini-Zamehran-Shojaei
    Delfi-Asadi-Ghaedi
    Last edited by St_Mark; 07-05-2018, 04:49 PM.

Comment

St mark - how is our team looking? Winner of this tournament only goes to olympics or will 2nd and 3rd make it too? What are our chances of winning I don’t know much but I’m a kranjcar fan
      Team Meli Iran
      Perspolis FC
      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
        St mark - how is our team looking? Winner of this tournament only goes to olympics or will 2nd and 3rd make it too? What are our chances of winning I don’t know much but I’m a kranjcar fan

Not looking good at all. If there is no drastic change this team will fail to qualify from Group.

No this is not qualification for 2020 Olympic games. There will be 2020 AfcC u23 championship game and top 3 will qualify for Olympic.

This Asian games are for U23 players but Stupid IFF and retard Esteeli has convince Kranjcar to participate with U21 team. It seems Esteeli and associate decide for Kranjcar .
        That is great mistake because Korean and Saudi Teams will play with older players and will defeat Iran. There are several under 23 players in IPL that can be legaly included and make this squad much stronger .

در گفت وگو با فارس
        معینی: باید با تیم زیر 23 سال به بازی های آسیایی برویم/ کشور ما پذیرش عدم موفقیت را ندارد
        سرپرست کمیته جوانان و عضو کمیته فنی فدراسیون فوتبال، گفت: همه کشورها سخت کار می کنند و فوتبال در سطح دنیا به پیشرفت گسترده ای رسیده است. می توان گفت همه گروه ها سخت هستند و شرایط نزدیکی دارند.

In the past Moeini who is head of TM youth committee was in favor of participation of U21 team but as of yesterday he changed his mind and now he want Iran to play with U23 players.
        He finally got it but lets hope that Retard Esteeli will get it on time

Comment

If the objective is to participate in Olympics, it makes sense to go with U-21 to such a competition, something than Japan and Korea did in past, so i don't mind it.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
            If the objective is to participate in Olympics, it makes sense to go with U-21 to such a competition, something than Japan and Korea did in past, so i don't mind it.

The objective is good but the method is wrong.
            Sending U21 team and fail to qualify is not helping any objective. Sending younger squad is a very good idea for friendly tournaments, not official games. It's simply stupid to not participate with the best we got.

Olympic is 2020, many of these players might not be the one to be selected anyway.

Comment

Football at the 2018 Asian Games

From Sports Technical Handbook
              Ver 2.00 Feb 2018
              Indonesia Asian Game Committee

10.4 Age restriction:

a) In Men's Football competition, only players born on or after January 1,
              1995are eligible to take part in the competition.
              However, a maximum of three (3) players who are older than the stipulated age limit may also be included in the official list of players.

b) In Women's Football competition, there is no age restriction for the players.

Iran should participate with full strength and strongest squad. After the games, they can add several younger players for 2020 Olympic games.
              It's simply stupid to participate in Asian games with a much weaker team.

Some of best iranian football players are age bet 21-23 including just from TM squad. Majid Hosseini, Ezatollahi , Gholizadeh .

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                The objective is good but the method is wrong.
                Sending U21 team and fail to qualify is not helping any objective. Sending younger squad is a very good idea for friendly tournaments, not official games. It's simply stupid to not participate with the best we got.
                Olympic is 2020, many of these players might not be the one to be selected anyway.
                I don't agree with you St-Mark jan,
                The Olympics is in 2020, but the qualification is next year, so you have to fix one objective and maybe scarify such a tournament, honestly i don't care much about this one if we try to keep the core of this team for the Olympics. This is the opportunity for some young players to have more experience. I mean, Shekari, Nourafkan, Ghaedi, Delfi, Gholami, and few others will sure be there. That is kind of the core of the team.

Comment

Asian Games should be treated as nothing but a training opportunity for our U-21 team.

Comment

Maybe by next year or so, Allahyar, Taha, Hosseinzadeh and few others will be also ready.

Comment

Football at the 2018 Asian Games

From Sports Technical Handbook
                      Ver 2.00 Feb 2018
                      Indonesia Asian Game Committee

10.4 Age restriction:
                      Iran should participate with full strength and strongest squad. After the games, they can add several younger players for 2020 Olympic games.
                      It's simply stupid to participate in Asian games with a much weaker team.
                      Some of best iranian football players are age bet 21-23 including just from TM squad. Majid Hosseini, Ezatollahi , Gholizadeh .
                      sorry but dont agree with you st mark jan. These guys already got their exposure during WC and previous youth editions. They are now all in europe and need to be present for their clubs and try to get better moves there, reather than focus on TM omid. It is time for new players to be developed and experience international competition. These guys probably wouldnt even want to play for Omid and I wouldnt blame them. Can you imagine travelling back to iran for all camps and friendlies and youth asian cup while you are a starter for a european team? What do you tell the club, "sorry I have to go play for the youth team I graduated from 3 years ago" ? There is more than enough talent to be successful. Ghaedi, Allahyar, Delfi, Sharifi, Nokhodkar, Shekari, Qaderi, all have the talent to easily get through weak asian competition.

Comment

The good news is Saeid will be eligible to be part of Olympics if we make it, and sure he can play during the qualification, he will be 23 at October 2020, Tournament is at July.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                          sorry but dont agree with you st mark jan. These guys already got their exposure during WC and previous youth editions. They are now all in europe and need to be present for their clubs and try to get better moves there, reather than focus on TM omid. It is time for new players to be developed and experience international competition. These guys probably wouldnt even want to play for Omid and I wouldnt blame them. Can you imagine travelling back to iran for all camps and friendlies and youth asian cup while you are a starter for a european team? What do you tell the club, "sorry I have to go play for the youth team I graduated from 3 years ago" ? There is more than enough talent to be successful. Ghaedi, Allahyar, Delfi, Sharifi, Nokhodkar, Shekari, Qaderi, all have the talent to easily get through weak asian competition.

Those who fail to learn from the mistakes of their predecessors are destined to repeat them.

To send a younger squad and lose, unable to qualify from group stage is not a wise decision and nothing good can be gained from defeats.
                          We have done that recently, unfortunately.

Example 1

Last year July 27 for U23 AFC games we send out U21 team including U20 Wc squads plus few players Ghiolizadeh , Moridii...They lost to Oman 0:2 and failed to qualify from group stage.

what was gained from that stupid decision?

Oman 2 2 0 0 7 1 +6 6 Final tournament
                          Iran 2 1 0 1 2 3 −1 3
                          Kyrgyzstan 2 0 0 2 2 7 −5 0

Example 2

Last year for Afc U19 Championship, Iran sent their U17 WC squad plus several older players ( currently in the list of U21).
                          They failed to Qualify from ga roup and missed WC u20.

Jordan 3 2 1 0 4 1 +3 7 Final tournament
                          Iran 3 1 2 0 5 1 +4 5
                          Syria 3 1 1 1 5 5 0 4
                          Palestine 3 0 0 3 2 9 −7 0

If we go with a younger squad and get defeated by Saudi Arabia it's a big deal . maybe not for some of you but for most Iranians'

The same squad even with Shekari, Noorafkan lost 6:5 to Saudi not long ago. let's not forget that.

some of our best young players are between U21-23 , they have the same right to play for their national team. Not all are a member of TM but are better than under 21 players.

Last edited by St_Mark; 07-06-2018, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Those who fail to learn from the mistakes of their predecessors are destined to repeat them.

To send a younger squad and lose, unable to qualify from group stage is not a wise decision and nothing good can be gained from defeats.
                            We have done that recently, unfortunately.

Example 1

Last year July 27 for U23 AFC games we send out U21 team including U20 Wc squads plus few players Ghiolizadeh , Moridii...They lost to Oman 0:2 and failed to qualify from group stage.

Oman 2 2 0 0 7 1 +6 6 Final tournament
                            Iran 2 1 0 1 2 3 −1 3
                            Kyrgyzstan 2 0 0 2 2 7 −5 0

Example 2

Last year for Afc U19 Championship, Iran sent their U17 WC squad plus several older players ( currently in the list of U21).
                            They failed to Qualify from ga roup and missed WC u20.

Jordan 3 2 1 0 4 1 +3 7 Final tournament
                            Iran 3 1 2 0 5 1 +4 5
                            Syria 3 1 1 1 5 5 0 4
                            Palestine 3 0 0 3 2 9 −7 0

If we go with a younger squad and get defeated by Saudi Arabia it's a big deal . maybe not for some of you but for most Iranians'

The same squad even with Shekari, Noorafkan lost 6:5 to Saudi not long ago. let's not forget that.

some of our best young players are between U21-23 , they have the same right to play for their national team. Not all are a member of TM but are better than under 21 players.

That team was hastily put together, and coached by the clueless PEIRAVANI. you know this. Now tell me honestly, you dont think a team with :

---Soltanimehr---Sharifi (Ghobeishavi)
                            Ghaedi----Shekari----Delfi
                            -----------Allahyar-------

can steamroll asian opposition if they are in sync and coached well? Plus we have talented defenders in esmailzadeh, Shariati,, Gholami as well, and other attacking options like Aghaei, Nokhodkar, Qaderi,etc. Despite what you say about krancjar, I think he is a very decent coach, and has the best pedigree of any Omid coach in recent memory. He is doing thorough job of giving all the talent a chance to prove themselves. Now maybe if this team makes it to olympics, they can try and take Noorafkan, Ezatolahim Hosseini to add experience and make them competitive on the international stage as well. But some of the talents already at their disposal are very exciting, and it would be a shame if they werent given a chance!

Comment

[QUOTE=inarsenewetrust;2573802]That team was hastily put together, and coached by the clueless PEIRAVANI. you know this. Now tell me honestly, you dont think a team with :

-----------Allahyar-------

can steamroll asian opposition if they are in sync and coached well? Plus we have talented defenders in esmailzadeh, Shariati,, Gholami as well, and other attacking options like Aghaei, Nokhodkar, Qaderi,etc. Despite what you say about krancjar, I think he is a very decent coach, and has the best pedigree of any Omid coach in recent memory. He is doing thorough job of giving all the talent a chance to prove themselves. Now maybe if this team makes it to olympics, they can try and take Noorafkan, Ezatolahim Hosseini to add experience and make them competitive on the international stage as well. But some of the talents already at their disposal are very exciting, and it would be a shame if they werent given a chance![/QUOTE.

Dear

regarding your lineup.

Somewhere there you did not include Noorafkan or may be you regard him as LB.

-----------Allahyar------

Sharifi, Ghobewishavi, and Allahyar did not make it to the final list. they will not be part of the Asian Games squad in August this year.
                              Nokhodkar was not selected because of his age 16. unfortunately, because he was selected for U19 2017 now he can not play for U16!. He played for Ali Daei Saipa yesterday and scored 3 goals.

CD players of the squad:
                              Taheri, Rahimi, Gholami, Aghasi.
                              Taheri has injury , did not practice or play so far.
                              Gholami has not improved much and lost his starting position.
                              Rahimi was not in the list of 30 but has beenn added but not starting.
                              Aghasi is improved but not much.

Naderi
                              of Tractorsazi , Salimi of Pars , Moharami of Dinamo , Badragheh and Moridi of Foulad , Sohrabian , Zakipour of Esteghlal are all under 23, eligible and much better players at Defense.

your suggested line up is good but could be much better with an addition of older players under 23.

An example even without TM players.

Niazmand
                              Moharami- Salimi-Naderi- Noorafkan/Sohrabian
                              Badragheh-Moridi
                              Last edited by St_Mark; 07-06-2018, 11:13 AM.

Comment

So what is the final list anyways???

Also I understand your point about more experienced players , but for example, moharrami and norafkan are in Europe for pre season training, are you really suggesting they come back for all omid camps, friendlies, matches for OMID, and likely the same for TM? That’s how your club leaves on you in the bench. It’s unreasonable to call for their inclusion

Comment

Working...
                                X