No announcement yet.

U23- Games of the XXXII Olympiad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This team was destined for failure since a long time ago so im not sure why people are freaking out now.

They put a bunch of random players together two months before a tournament to take on a team with 4 starting SENIOR WC players, that are legionairres, 3 of which are in europe, and 2 of which have played in the champions league, with the other one playing for Barcelona and now Verona. How can our players realistically be asked to compete with such a team if they are given no proper preparation or training, or if some of the best players available are not selected? How do we expect this team with the realities I just mentioned to suddenly be able to solve a chronic issue in iranian football, one that our decorated senior team also suffers from, play good passing football along the ground through the midfield?

What I saw in the first half was a team that gave it their all, and made two retarded mistakes and were punished by a strong korea side. Besides that Korea didnt create more chances than us or play significantly better either (also giving the ball away cheaply).

If Delfi was as shit as you guys want to say, he wouldnt be going to PSV Eindhoven. He was the victim of a team with no structure and no plan, whereas for u17 and in SS khuz his role is very well designated and he is much better supported. He has actually been playing much better in the second half.

There are nonetheless some positives. The main one was Khodabandelu, a very physically capable, smart defensive mid who looks like he could really have a future, and is at a good developmental club in PGPL in Peykan. Moslemipour also dealt with son very well and was smart on the ball, a promising left back.

Overall, I give credit to the players for their effort. The same cannot be said about their management.

Comment

There should be at least 5 minutes of stoppage time.
      We had plenty of chances - no finish though.

Comment

and btw, these games do not decide olympic qualification. These do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_A..._qualification

While most our koreas team will be ineligible to compete in this, all of our team will.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
          and btw, these games do not decide olympic qualification. These do.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_A..._qualification

While most our koreas team will be ineligible to compete in this, all of our team will.
          I think our goalie might not be eligible, but you're right about the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            I think our goalie might not be eligible, but you're right about the rest.
            that would be a god send actually.

Comment

Ferdosipour talking about how he wishes Arabistan to lose. My God, what an unprofessional comment. We are about to be kicked out of this tournament, and he gets joy from another's downfall.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                St mark, can you tell us more about khodabandelu, as zjoon said, he looks like a really promising defensive mid?
                http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...lympiad/page35

Comment

Son has millions of dollars on the line, he is happy.

We were completely outplayed. Good win by the Koreans.

Comment

Davazeban ra dige hargez davat nakone.

Ghaedi bre golkochik baazi kone.

Shekari bayad dar team baashe.

Yek baazisaaz dar khate miyani peyda konan.

2 saal vaght daarim. Bebinim chi mishe.
                    DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Stupid IFF did not get paper work complete on time for a player who they brought to the games and he was watching from stands. What the heck.

Gaedee was a poor player in this tournament. Korea was a better team and deserved to win but Malaysia topping the group was a surprise.
                      چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

We lost to a strong and older team. We lost the game even before the game started because of mistakes and wrong policies of Coach and manager.
                        Korea was a better team today in every aspect of the game in particular at coaching.

The selection was bad, preparation insufficient and policy was wrong.

For those who continue to insist on going with under 21 to get experience result is depressing and we got a bad experience.
                        over 1/2 of these players even won't be included for 2020 games.

Would have been smart to include one under23 player in each line so we would not need to defeat ourself from fear of Korea . Some of our best players are 22 players. We missed a good opportunity and I have lost respect for Kranjcar and Esteeli. Coach and manager who does not believe in his team are a waste of money and time to hold to.
                        Unfortunately, they will stay with the team for another failure to come.

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                          We lost to a strong and older team. We lost the game even before the game started because of mistakes and wrong policies of Coach and manager.
                          Korea was a better team today in every aspect of the game in particular at coaching.

The selection was bad, preparation insufficient and policy was wrong.

For those who continue to insist on going with under 21 to get experience result is depressing and we got a bad experience.
                          over 1/2 of these players even won't be included for 2020 games.

Would have been smart to include one under23 player in each line so we would not need to defeat ourself from fear of Korea . Some of our best players are 22 players. We missed a good opportunity and I have lost respect for Kranjcar and Esteeli. Coach and manager who does not believe in his team are a waste of money and time to hold to.
                          Unfortunately, they will stay with the team for another failure to come.
                          This will be the first team that makes it to the Olympics in 2020. I'm more confident in this team than any of the previous ones even though they had bigger stars and better talents. Unless we face Uzbekistan. Uzbekistan will be a powerhouse regardless of the opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                            This will be the first team that makes it to the Olympics in 2020. I'm more confident in this team than any of the previous ones even though they had bigger stars and better talents. Unless we face Uzbekistan. Uzbekistan will be a powerhouse regardless of the opponent.
                            I actually think this team can also reach olympics. They need more experience together, and they will get it in the Central Asian tournament, and hopefully in some more friendlies. But certain players should be replaced and others included. Uzbekistan seems to be the best team in asia at the moment u23, and they do not have more talent or better coaching than our team. But they had a concrete plan for their u23 that involved playing high level friendlies against the likes of TM senior team (narrowly lost 1-0 right before WC), and other good friendlies and camps.

I would personally like to see a few more u17 guy included, although its clear that we also need more physical players.

Comment

FC Kia couldve done better at this tournament.
                              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Why they have Son? Doesn’t he play for Tottenham?
                                Jahanbakhsh should be out there playing

Comment

Working...
                                X