Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

STATS DONT LIE (stats on TM Players)

Hi Everyone,
    I rarely make threads or comments but wanted to open this up for a place where members can post interesting statistics. I was looking at statistics for TM forwards and how many goals they have scored in club since 14-15 season (first season after last world cup) and was shocked to see who was at the top. Here are my findings. Post more statistics about TM that you find interesting.
    EDIT: Here is a post with Apprances as well. Note that this data was from wikipedia and that appearances might not correspond (probably don;t) with minutes played in that match.
    Link: https://i.imgur.com/9oCaOc1.png

Notes:
    * TM Goal scorers collectively scoring more goals every season
    * TM Goal/App ratio increases every year (more effective goal scoring)
    * Mehdi Taremi Probably is underrated
    * Sardar Azmoun is Probably overrated
    * Karim Ansarifard has the biggest improvement (this season)

Nice,

Now can you do the same for National Games (appearances and if you have time per minute played), I thinks it will be very different.
    زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

would not know where to get that data .
      If other members want, they can make a similar spreadsheet perhaps (although much less TM games/mins over the years to see trends. A lot of TM strikers have less appearances since 14/15)

Comment

Now someone make a video with 262 Goals by tm forwards pls

Comment

I think we should make a table of number of wasted chances also.

Comment

Good thread idea, but I think goals/minutes is something anybody who watches TM is fairly aware of. We dont score many goals. Sardar and Taremi score the majority of our goals, and thats it. Id be more interested in seeing data about distances covered (especially for domestic players), how players fare individually in duels, take ons, pass completion rate, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by bozghaleh View Post
              Nice,

Now can you do the same for National Games (appearances and if you have time per minute played), I thinks it will be very different.
              That is a good idea, but I think we should look at the ratings we have based on our post-match game ratings (from previous threads) to see who are the best performing players from our whole campaign.

Comment

Different leagues, different teams, different players around them. A lot more to be taken into consideration to decide if a player is overrated / underrated. Azmoun has played in the RPL which is a very defensive league and played for defensive sides. Rostov and Rubin both play with five in the back and we have to consider chances per game. Azmoun only averages 1.4 shots per game which speaks for itself as to how many chances are created for him to score. Also, this season Rubin went through bankruptcy and had to sell many of their players. There is no one in Azmouns team right now who has scored more goals than him this season. If Azmoun played in Holland this would be a different story..

Comment

Too many variables to consider, which make any conclusions baseless. Different leagues, Different quality of teammates, playing different styles, and most importantly, playing against different quality of teams.

But great thread idea! I would like to add some stats as well. Might do so soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You'd also need to find out who is providing the assists to these goal scorers in their clubs.

P.S. Does Iran have a number 9?
                    sigpic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footbal...he_Asian_Games

Comment

Neither does Shakira's hips. These stats would only be useful if the players were playing in the same league.

Comment

These stats do actually (to a certain degree) lie, or are at least very misrepresentative. Put someone like Azmoun in the same league as Taremi's been playing in and he would probably score >1 goal/game.

Comment

Originally posted by Babak agha View Post
                          Neither does Shakira's hips. These stats would only be useful if the players were playing in the same league.
                          Exactly. This could only be useful if the level of competition was the same or otherwise not so beneficial or conclusive at all. But merely shows their individual success in their own leagues and based on their level. But overall good job. I am sure CQ's team uses and performs test to get a lot of these analysis as well.
                          Last edited by webmaster; 04-15-2018, 06:09 AM.
                          __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
                          We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

STATS DONT LIE (stats on TM Players)

Good chart pal, I am guessing the girl friend kicked you out for the night?

It was either this or an apology letter to her, but you chose to make us happy and informed

Thank you
                            چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

This shows that the Segunda Liga of Spain is super tough, perhaps even stronger than the Greek League.

Azmoun's stats confirm that he is indeed overhyped.

Comment

Working...
                              X