No announcement yet.

Iran may host 2022 WC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran will not host any major football tournament with its current system. The only way we might contribute is by providing training camps in Kish or Qeshm if Qatar invests in those places.

Comment

While were on the topic, I think Turkey is gearing up to host a major footballing event. Basically all their clubs, even really small ones , are building awesome state of the art stadiums. I would actually enjoy a WC in Turkey.

Comment

Person 1: Habibi
        Person 2: What Habibi?
        Person 1: Habibi Roma has sponsored all national teams and the logo will be on all national team jerseys.
        Person 2: ooohhhh hahaha I know what I will be doing when watching the games *wink wink* Habibi
        Person 1: No habibi you dont understand...everything on the field will be censored except the ball, field and goalpost
        EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

They already announced the 2022 World Cup will be in Qatar

Comment

Originally posted by Azmoun20 View Post
            They already announced the 2022 World Cup will be in Qatar

World Cup 2022 will probably be expanded to 48 teams.
            Because of that, Qatar at the very least will require assistance for hosting other teams, fans and training facilities; even if Qatar itself is going to pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              World Cup 2022 will probably be expanded to 48 teams.
              Because of that, Qatar at the very least will require assistance for hosting other teams, fans and training facilities; even if Qatar itself is going to pay for it.
              No man the 2022 World Cup will be the last edition to host 32 countries! Starting 2026 it will host 48 teams and atm it’s between a joint USA/Mexico/Canada bid vs Morocco

Comment

NOt to be rude or anything, but if we can not even “host” our own women in the stadiums, then we are the most undeserving country to host anything.

One of the worst things I have ever seen is Iranian women being locked out of stadium, while Syrian women were in Azadi.

The only reason I might support Iran hosting anything is that they may be forced to change their attitude towards women and spectating.

Comment

Originally posted by Cataphract View Post
                  NOt to be rude or anything, but if we can not even “host” our own women in the stadiums, then we are the most undeserving country to host anything.

One of the worst things I have ever seen is Iranian women being locked out of stadium, while Syrian women were in Azadi.

The only reason I might support Iran hosting anything is that they may be forced to change their attitude towards women and spectating.
                  We need a full and complete regime change to change anything in Iran to what we all want and expect of a 5,000 year old civilization!!! for now, its all pie in the sky!...

Comment

Originally posted by Cataphract View Post

The only way such a thing will change in Iran is if there is pressure + incentive. For example, Iran can host IF they allow Iranian women into the stadium as well.

But again, for the 100 millionth time for our dear readers... Iran would not be hosting. We would have some training facilities, hotels... for the 48 teams.

Originally posted by JoojehKoobedeh2 View Post
                    No man the 2022 World Cup will be the last edition to host 32 countries! Starting 2026 it will host 48 teams and atm it’s between a joint USA/Mexico/Canada bid vs Morocco
                    They are changing their mind on this :

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8303706.html

They'll also vote regarding this in June at the next FIFA congress.

Comment

Originally posted by JoojehKoobedeh2 View Post
                      that is what i was under assumption of ..!
                      is there even a rumor currently that 2022 WC could be expanded to 48 team ..? (very stupid idea that im not non to pleased with anyhow..!)

ps
                      i have a feeling this Women in Stadium ban is slowly getting on its way out ...!!? hopefully soon..! this shitt is a major embarrassment ..!

Comment

Guys guys please with all due respect

Could you please stop dreaming about WC hosting and Iran or even Asian Cup

Hosting, no I will not happen unless Iran can magically can Build 10 state of the art stadiums

In the next 4 years and allow women and alcoholic drinks in the stadiums

Other wise fist forget about it

Maybe in 20 -30 years from now

Comment

I laughed at this thread when it opened but a few days ago Fifa said this:

If approved, the study will examine if it is possible for Qatar to successfully host an additional 16 teams given the extra games and logistical challenges such a move would inevitably create.

The study would also seek to find answers to whether it could become a regional event with Qatar's neighbouring countries invited to stage some of the games.
                          We can dream, right

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43868703

Comment

Why do you guys think things like drinks would stop us from hosting the games? Have you all forgotten how many times Saudi Arabia hosted the confederations cup?

Comment

Kian joon

In case you didn’t know please study the main advertising supporters of the WC

I don’t need to say anything more

Comment

Kish island is going to host the spectators and a ferry is going to take them to Qatar for the games. Not a lot of land there to host all those people.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X