No announcement yet.

Iran may host 2022 WC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone who has been following football in the past 30 years, especially FIFA and thinks that infrastructure, fan experience... matter at all to them, it doesn't! Just pay enough and you'll get away with it all.

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
      They sell alcohol in hotels and licensed restaurants. I had a few nice beers next to hotel pool when I was there. My feeling is that they will probably increase the licensing for the world cup itself.
      Kuwait doesn't allow alcohol to be sold so I don't know how they are going to manage that one.
      Well, that's my point....only hotels and some restaurants wouldn't have been good enough to host a WC if alcohol was really a weight! Bars/sport bars would have been necessary as well! So I doubt alcohol is that important, thus Kuwait's inclusion as a candidate. It makes sense. Or else if it's about alcohol, many hotels in Iran sell alcohol unofficially as well. I think it was you who said it too.

Comment

Originally posted by PSGman#19 View Post
        Kuwait and oman have better stadiums than Iran??
        Kuwait maybe up until 10 years ago did, however in the past 5-7 years we have had several somewhat decent stadiums built in Iran. Having said that I think we may now be amongst top 10 Asian countries with decent stadiums.

Comment

With all due respect to Sly , I mean comon brother are you serious ????

Would Someone please close and delete this post

It is definitely the biggest joke of the century

Iran will never host the WC , ever , at least not in our life time

Comment

All I know is that Qatar better start stocking up on alcohol. When a country like Russia ran out of beer during the world cup, I dont know what Qatar thinks they are going to do to meet the demands.
            "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
              Anyone who has been following football in the past 30 years, especially FIFA and thinks that infrastructure, fan experience... matter at all to them, it doesn't! Just pay enough and you'll get away with it all.
              In St. Petersburg, we got to the fanzone and they roped the place off during the Saudi-Russia game so we couldn't get back in. Standing in line until some Russian hooligans cracked the fencing and it became a free for all for people getting in. Literally almost got trampled and had to keep my poor Mom by my side.

It's a joke and I loved Russia otherwise.

Comment

Cant even believe this thread is at page 5 already

Edit: I made it go to page 6 even damn

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                  With all due respect to Sly , I mean comon brother are you serious ????

Would Someone please close and delete this post

It is definitely the biggest joke of the century

Iran will never host the WC , ever , at least not in our life time
                  I was just showing you the article. I never implied it was serious. Don't shoot the messenger bro!

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                    All I know is that Qatar better start stocking up on alcohol. When a country like Russia ran out of beer during the world cup, I dont know what Qatar thinks they are going to do to meet the demands.
                    Beer ? Beer is what Russians give their pets. Vodka and Bacardi 151 is appetizer.
                    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Oman not Iran

OMAN TO HOST 2022 WORLD CUP MATCHES? QUITE A POSSIBILITY

Muscat Daily staff writer
                      March 10, 2019

MUSCAT -
                      Football fans in Oman are going gaga over the prospect that the country stands a chance of hosting few Qatar 2022 World Cup matches if it’s made a 48-team affair from the current 32.

According to international media reports, the football’s world governing body FIFA is looking to expand the showpiece event despite the concerns of some officials in host nation Qatar. Under the plan being considered, most matches will still be held in Qatar which won the rights to a 32-team event.
                      The recent visit of FIFA president Gianni Infantino and his talks with top officials in Oman has led to speculation that the country is being looked at to host the matches along with Kuwait. And even before that happens, sports fans in Oman are celebrating hoping to see the news becoming true.
                      Ahmed al Kaabi, sports analyst at Oman TV and former Oman Football Association spokesperson, told Muscat Daily that the move would be a dream come true for Oman. “In case it happens, it would be a dream come true for Oman. It will be great to play host to World Cup matches. Even though it is not clear if Oman would automatically qualify for the finals, it doesn’t matter as long as we play host in any way.”

Comment

2022 World Cup will remain a 32-team tournament.

Good news I think:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ounce-48-teams

Comment

You mean WC as in restroom?

Comment

Fifa president Gianni Infantino seeks assurances women can attend 2022 World Cup qualifiers in Iran

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48716693

Fifa president Gianni Infantino has written to the Iranian Football Federation to seek assurances that women will be allowed to attend 2022 World Cup qualifiers.

In a letter seen by BBC Sport, Infantino also expresses his disappointment that Iran has gone back on its commitment to open up stadiums.

Last October, female fans were allowed into a match in Tehran for the first time following a 40-year ban.

In November, hundreds of women also attended an Asian Champions League final match which saw local team Persepolis lose to Japan's Kashima Antlers.

But Infantino said in the letter it was "disappointing" to learn that fans were turned away from Iran's friendly match with Syria on 6 June and that a number of fans were detained by authorities.

Writing to Iranian Football Federation president Medhi Taj, he said: "This is not in line with the commitments given to us in March 2018 by [Iran] President Rouhani when we were assured that important progress would be made on this matter soon.

"Whilst we are aware of the challenges and cultural sensitivities, we simply have to continue making progress here, not only because we owe it to women all over the world, but also because we have a responsibility to do so, under the most basic principles set out in the Fifa statutes.

"In the circumstances, I would be very grateful if you could inform Fifa, at your earliest convenience but no later than 15 July 2019, as to the concrete steps which both the FFIRI [Football Federation Islamic Republic of Iran] and the Iranian state authorities will now be taking in order to ensure that all Iranian and foreign women who wish to do so will be allowed to buy tickets and to attend the matches of the qualifiers for the Fifa World Cup Qatar 2022, which will start in September 2019."

Infantino's letter comes after Fifa admitted it was wrong to eject two fans from a Women's World Cup match in France for wearing T-shirts calling for Iranian women to be let into stadiums.

Fifa said the message was "social, not political" so not against its rules and added it "will do its best to ensure similar situations do not occur at future matches".

Comment

Working...
                            X