What trophy is this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What trophy is this?

Given the players depicted, their appearance and the TM jerseys I assumed it was the Asian Championship Trophy (from 1972) but that trophy looks completely different (more like a giant wide cup). I thought it might be for the Asian Games although I couldn't find a picture of it for comparison. I then realized it must be for a domestic competition given the crown on top of it. Do any of our old timers recognize what trophy this is?

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

check this:
    http://iroon.com/irtn/blog/1696/
    I used google image search to find it. It looks for the same photo or similar photos.

Comment

Originally posted by aliinbox View Post
      check this:
      http://iroon.com/irtn/blog/1696/
      I used google image search to find it. It looks for the same photo or similar photos.
      That site is precisely where I found the picture but it says nothing about what that trophy is.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
        That site is precisely where I found the picture but it says nothing about what that trophy is.
        The site started and is run by JJ in Peru. JJ used to work with Seda wa Sima. In Middle of 1980s was assigned to London but he did not return and instead he flew to the USA. He started Iranian.com and in 2007-2008 sold it to Said.

I do not like several people including Fred who constantly post anti-Iranian messages on iroon.com

The cup is when Shah was in power and was similar to a cup played among Turkey, Iran, Pakistan. Turkey was not a good football nation in 1970s but they have made grate improvements.
        چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

It is Cyrus the Great Cup.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1971_C...nal_Tournament

source:
          http://www.seratnews.com/fa/news/171...B9%DA%A9%D8%B3

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

^ it must be a TM tournament or something as all 3 played in different teams Ghelich (Pas), Parvin (Persepolis} and Hejazi (Taj) and could not win a cup together unless they played in a national game as team mates but I have no idea otherwise.

edit..

great thanks.
              __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
              We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

Comment

Thanks for the links on the tournament.

Looks like the tournament was engineered for Iran to win it. All youth teams, amateur or club teams other than Iran.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by rooyintan View Post
                          What a beautiful flag we had! Now we have to put up with the Arabic and seekh inscription on it!

Comment

Originally posted by GolfePersique View Post
                            What a beautiful flag we had! Now we have to put up with the Arabic and seekh inscription on it!
                            What a pity that in 1980 they changed the flag. The tricolor flag was peaceful, simple and elegant.

Also I really want Team Melli to start wearing the tricolor outfit. Imagine a Tricolor Jersey with a Asiatic Cheetah and Adidas Logo.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X