No announcement yet.

1990 World Cup Qualifying Campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get it now. The one whom it was first suggested was Bahman Salehnia is instead Masoud Moeini.
    Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by kaltz View Post
      I get it now. The one whom it was first suggested was Bahman Salehnia is instead Masoud Moeini.
      Thanks.
      The one next to Moeini with the mustache seems to be Salehnia.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by kaltz View Post
        I take it you mean the one to Vatankhah's right in the screenshot I displayed earlier?
        I definitely see a big similarity with the gentleman to the right in the picture which KC McElroy subsequently posted.
        And in that photo - it is Parviz Dehadari far left, isn't it?
        Where, then, do you find Masoud Moeini?

The person in the black square here is Moeini.

Blue square here is Salehnia
        Red square is Vatankhah.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
          Hope this helps.
          I guess I am doing a decent job in portraying myself as someone rather slow here
          I was genuinely confused, but I finally get it. Thank you!

On a lighter note, I am very pleased with the assistance I've had as a rookie here.
          While I think I am getting the hang of this particular fixture now (Bangladesh at home), I am likely to come back and pester you with further daft questions in the near future.

PS - also: The one between Vatankhah and Salehnia in the screenshot which I posted - he can be confirmed as Moeini also, right?

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
            Most of these are wrong. Keshavarz did not come into existence until 1991. Here are the clubs. If I didn't indicate the city it's Tehran.

Abedzadeh - Tam of Isfahan
            Zarincheh - Esteghlal
            Moharrami - Persepolis
            Mohammadkhani - Persepolis
            (Morteza) Fonounizadeh - Persepolis
            Namjoomutlagh - Esteghlal
            Ghayeghran - Esteghlal of Anzali
            Bavi - Shahin
            Kermani-Moghaddam - Persepolis
            Eftekhari - Malavan of Anzali (although it could have been Esteghlal of Anzali)
            Garousi - Esteghlal

subs
            Marfavi - Darayi
            Ashouri - Persepolis
            Thanks.
            I had been using various sources, even teammelli.com, to try and find out the right club for each player at the time.
            However, I've found out throughout the work on this website that you can not really rely on Wikipedia information, so everything found there should be crosschecked with other and more reliable sources, if possible. Alas, there is sometimes difficult to retrieve information about players from this era. So this which you've posted is very useful.

Comment

My final take on Iran v Bangladesh: https://italia1990.com/afc/iran-bangladesh/

I am sure there's a few things which Team Melli fans will object against, but hopefully I've been able to give a relatively neutral verdict based on the 35 minutes of footage which I've got available to me.

Comment

One correction: Iran's win in 1984 in Jakarta wasn't a friendly. It was a qualifier for the 1984 Asian Championship.
                I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Merci.

Corrected.

Comment

Tarafdari prepared some materials you might find interesting.

https://www.tarafdari.com/node/1998272

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                      Tarafdari prepared some materials you might find interesting.

https://www.tarafdari.com/node/1998272
                      The Bavi header they have seems to be from the Asian Cup qualifier against Syria the prior spring.

Comment

after the chooking 3-0 lead against china wcq90
                        ali parvin became the coach and we
                        won the 1990 ag by beating s.k kim jun son
                        team with ghayegran crazy goal in ext
                        if parvin was the coach for 1990 wcq
                        we might of made it as he invited all
                        the best players.

Comment

Working...
                        X