1990 World Cup Qualifying Campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://italia1990.com/afc/iran-bangladesh/

Please have me excused. I would just like to ask whether any of you are able to recognize some of the faces in the screenshot from the Irani bench which I've used in the article. I tried to post just the screenshot alone, but since I am far from a computer geek, I didn't find out how to reduce the size in order to make it fit within the allowed measures.

Comment

Originally posted by kaltz View Post
      https://italia1990.com/afc/iran-bangladesh/
      Please have me excused. I would just like to ask whether any of you are able to recognize some of the faces in the screenshot from the Irani bench which I've used in the article. I tried to post just the screenshot alone, but since I am far from a computer geek, I didn't find out how to reduce the size in order to make it fit within the allowed measures.
      It's very blurry. The bald guy on the left is Vatankhah. Once I get home I'll try to look at a bigger version on my computer screen to see if I recognize any of the rest.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Thanks. I was assuming it was him.
        And yes, the quality is poor. The pics in the article are screenshots from the video I have from the game. My philosophy is that low quality is better than no picture (others may disagree).

Comment

Thanks. I was assuming it was him.
          And yes, the quality is poor. The pics in the article are screenshots from the video I have from the game. My philosophy is that low quality is better than no picture (others may disagree).
          The last guy on the right has a haircut similar to Kermani Moghaddam although that could only be true if the picture is from after the 62nd minute. The guy sitting next to him drinking something looks like Khakpour.
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Yes, it is from towards the very end of the game.
            Any idea who the gentleman with the moustache in the centre is?

Comment

Yes, it is from towards the very end of the game.
              Any idea who the gentleman with the moustache in the centre is?
              No idea. The guy sitting next to Vatankhah with the longer hair is probably the assistant coach. I don't know his name but I've seen him in many of the pictures of that qualifying campaign even when Monajati took over.
              The mustached guy next to Khakpour looks a lot like Reza Abedian although I'm not sure he had been called up to the national team at that point.

Comment

This is very useful. Thanks again.
                And you feel relatively certain that the player far right is the substituted Kermani-Mughaddam?

Another thing - it would've been very interesting to have names attached to the faces of the team photos which you enclosed in your early postings in this thread. The 'keeper in the Japan friendly was obviously someone else than Abedzadeh. Who was he?

Comment

This is very useful. Thanks again.
                  And you feel relatively certain that the player far right is the substituted Kermani-Mughaddam?

Another thing - it would've been very interesting to have names attached to the faces of the team photos which you enclosed in your early postings in this thread. The 'keeper in the Japan friendly was obviously someone else than Abedzadeh. Who was he?
                  I'm pretty sure it's Kermani Moghaddam. The keeper in the Japan game was Sajjadi. Once I get home I can give you names of the players in the lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                    It's very blurry. The bald guy on the left is Vatankhah. Once I get home I'll try to look at a bigger version on my computer screen to see if I recognize any of the rest.
                    Isn’t that Bahman Salehnia?

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                      I think you are right. He looks like him and plus he was Dehdari's assistant.
                      Any idea about the guy with the longer hair?

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                        I think you are right. He looks like him and plus he was Dehdari's assistant.
                        Any idea about the guy with the longer hair?
                        Figured it out. It's Masood Moeini.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                          I take it you mean the one to Vatankhah's right in the screenshot I displayed earlier?
                          I definitely see a big similarity with the gentleman to the right in the picture which KC McElroy subsequently posted.
                          And in that photo - it is Parviz Dehadari far left, isn't it?
                          Where, then, do you find Masoud Moeini?

Comment

I'm trying to pin the various players in that World Cup qualification to their respective club sides, and this is what I have found (regarding those who were in action at home to Bangladesh):

Abedzadeh - Persepolis
                            Zarincheh - Saba Battery
                            Moharrami - Persepolis
                            Mohammadkhani - Keshavarz
                            (Morteza) Fonounizadeh - Persepolis
                            Namjoomutlagh - Esteghlal
                            Ghayeghran - Keshavarz
                            Bavi - Persepolis
                            Kermani-Moghaddam - Persepolis
                            Eftekhari - Keshavarz
                            Garousi - Esteghlal

subs
                            Marfavi - Esteghlal
                            Ashouri - Persepolis

What little I've found on Saba Battery, is that the club only came to be in 2002. So for Zarincheh to have played for them in 1989 seems, well, not right?
                            And what about Keshavarz - what league were they competing in during the 88/89 season? I take it other provinces hosted their own league campaigns during the Iran-Iraq conflict.

Also: Would it be possible to find, anywhere, the three remaining, unused, substitutes for this game? I know that FIFA allowed five subs on the bench for World Cup qualifiers for Italia '90.

Comment

I take it you mean the one to Vatankhah's right in the screenshot I displayed earlier?
                              I definitely see a big similarity with the gentleman to the right in the picture which KC McElroy subsequently posted.
                              And in that photo - it is Parviz Dehadari far left, isn't it?
                              Where, then, do you find Masoud Moeini?
                              Dehdari isn't in your screenshot. Masoud Moeni is the guy standing on the right in the team picture I posted. You can just see his hair and some of his face in your screenshot.

Comment

I'm trying to pin the various players in that World Cup qualification to their respective club sides, and this is what I have found (regarding those who were in action at home to Bangladesh):

Abedzadeh - Persepolis
                                Zarincheh - Saba Battery
                                Moharrami - Persepolis
                                Mohammadkhani - Keshavarz
                                Ghayeghran - Keshavarz
                                Bavi - Persepolis
                                Eftekhari - Keshavarz
                                Garousi - Esteghlal

subs
                                Marfavi - Esteghlal
                                Ashouri - Persepolis

What little I've found on Saba Battery, is that the club only came to be in 2002. So for Zarincheh to have played for them in 1989 seems, well, not right?
                                And what about Keshavarz - what league were they competing in during the 88/89 season? I take it other provinces hosted their own league campaigns during the Iran-Iraq conflict.

Also: Would it be possible to find, anywhere, the three remaining, unused, substitutes for this game? I know that FIFA allowed five subs on the bench for World Cup qualifiers for Italia '90.
                                Most of these are wrong. Keshavarz did not come into existence until 1991. Here are the clubs. If I didn't indicate the city it's Tehran.

Abedzadeh - Tam of Isfahan
                                Zarincheh - Esteghlal
                                Moharrami - Persepolis
                                Mohammadkhani - Persepolis
                                Ghayeghran - Esteghlal of Anzali
                                Bavi - Shahin
                                Eftekhari - Malavan of Anzali (although it could have been Esteghlal of Anzali)
                                Garousi - Esteghlal

subs
                                Marfavi - Darayi
                                Ashouri - Persepolis

Comment

Working...
                                X