• Show
Clear All

A Significant Historical TM Lineup

Here are the links to the other threads regarding our past players:

Goalkeepers: http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...in-our-History
    Defenders: http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...in-our-History
    Midfielders: http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...in-our-History
    Forwards: http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...in-our-History

I still believe the results are somewhat biased towards newer players or those that made more of a name even if it wasn't completely due to their soccer activities. Clearly if one has not heard of a player they would not be familiar with them and thus not vote for them. But with that being said, here is the 4-4-2 lineup we would have if our opinions on our past players are any indication of their significance.

Abedzadeh
    Eskandarian, Shahrokhi, Arab, Zarrincheh
    Ghelichkhani, Parvin, Ghayeghran, Danaeifard
    Roshan, Pious

I knew Abedzadeh would win before a single vote was cast as probably most PFDC members only know Hejazi by name and have not even heard of the rest.
    I'm surprised about Eskandarian because although I thought he was very good but I did not expect him to receive the most votes and I think it's somewhat of a name recognition that earned him the votes. As far as outside backs I personally rank Moharrami higher than Zarrincheh as he was excellent in defense and just as good coming up and helping offense (and scoring goals). Perhaps his temper cost him some votes. Or perhaps Zarrincheh's presence in the 1998 World Cup earned him some.
    In midfield Ghelichkhani is definitely an expected choice. Parvin while good but isn't as far ahead of others (if at all) than the results show and it's perhaps somewhat influenced by his reputation and constant involvement in soccer after his playing days. There may or may not be the closer time frame and sympathy factor due to his death regarding Ghayeghran's inclusion.
    Roshan and Pious are the top vote getters up front although there are many forwards that were just as good if not better. I suppose the best measure for a forward is the number of goals he scores and all of the mentioned ones definitely excel in that category.

While we all probably have our own opinion about who should have won each of these polls, what they demonstrate is what a deep pool of players we have had in our history. Hopefully we will learn more about them and as the years pass they will not be forgotten. I personally learned about other players that I had omitted by older members who informed me about them.

I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

How about Ali Akbar Ostad Asadi as our LB?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG37kU2DKlM

Comment

Honestly don't know too much about the older days of Team Melli but Mehrab Shahrokhi is a legend!! Black Bomber!!

Comment

I like Abedzadeh but I'm really surprised he's picked over Hejazi.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
          How about Ali Akbar Ostad Asadi as our LB?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UG37kU2DKlM
          How about not using the same bimazeh line every other post?
          I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
            So using the word, ‘incorset’ in every comment isn’t bimazeh too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
              So using the word, ‘incorset’ in every comment isn’t bimazeh too?

Comment

Kheyli bimazeh bood.

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                  Kheyli bimazeh bood.

You are incorset.

Comment

I would add 2 notable players from PAS into the starting lineup:

Hossein Kazerani, the great Pas defender who was considered to be the WALL, should be added to the list. Played for TM in 1978 WC and won championships with PAS, 2 years in a row. I would replace Arab with Kazerani as a central defender. Also, Sadeghi was an absolute beast and showed it in the '78 WC. As a persepolis fan, I always respected Pas. Always a solid team and for a few years the best club in Iran.

For subs, I would add khordbin, Kalani and Adelkhani. Adelkhani being one of our few legionnaires at that time
                    “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                      I would add 2 notable players from PAS into the starting lineup:

Hossein Kazerani, the great Pas defender who was considered to be the WALL, should be added to the list. Played for TM in 1978 WC and won championships with PAS, 2 years in a row. I would replace Arab with Kazerani as a central defender. Also, Sadeghi was an absolute beast and showed it in the '78 WC. As a persepolis fan, I always respected Pas. Always a solid team and for a few years the best club in Iran.

For subs, I would add khordbin, Kalani and Adelkhani. Adelkhani being one of our few legionnaires at that time
                      Well I didn't pick any of the players myself. These are the ones who received the most votes from PFDC members.

Comment

Here are the links to the other threads regarding our past players:
                        Goalkeepers: http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...in-our-History
                        Defenders: http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...in-our-History
                        Midfielders: http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...in-our-History
                        Forwards: http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...in-our-History
                        I still believe the results are somewhat biased towards newer players or those that made more of a name even if it wasn't completely due to their soccer activities. Clearly if one has not heard of a player they would not be familiar with them and thus not vote for them. But with that being said, here is the 4-4-2 lineup we would have if our opinions on our past players are any indication of their significance.
                        Abedzadeh
                        Eskandarian, Shahrokhi, Arab, Zarrincheh
                        Ghelichkhani, Parvin, Ghayeghran, Danaeifard
                        Roshan, Pious
                        I knew Abedzadeh would win before a single vote was cast as probably most PFDC members only know Hejazi by name and have not even heard of the rest.
                        I'm surprised about Eskandarian because although I thought he was very good but I did not expect him to receive the most votes and I think it's somewhat of a name recognition that earned him the votes. As far as outside backs I personally rank Moharrami higher than Zarrincheh as he was excellent in defense and just as good coming up and helping offense (and scoring goals). Perhaps his temper cost him some votes. Or perhaps Zarrincheh's presence in the 1998 World Cup earned him some.
                        In midfield Ghelichkhani is definitely an expected choice. Parvin while good but isn't as far ahead of others (if at all) than the results show and it's perhaps somewhat influenced by his reputation and constant involvement in soccer after his playing days. There may or may not be the closer time frame and sympathy factor due to his death regarding Ghayeghran's inclusion.
                        Roshan and Pious are the top vote getters up front although there are many forwards that were just as good if not better. I suppose the best measure for a forward is the number of goals he scores and all of the mentioned ones definitely excel in that category.
                        While we all probably have our own opinion about who should have won each of these polls, what they demonstrate is what a deep pool of players we have had in our history. Hopefully we will learn more about them and as the years pass they will not be forgotten. I personally learned about other players that I had omitted by older members who informed me about them.

This is a perfect addition to this thread. It agrees with all of our picks.

Comment

Abedzadeh
                          Mahdavikia
                          Rahman Rezaei
                          Seyed Jalal Hosseini
                          Minavand
                          Nekounam
                          Bagheri
                          Dejagah
                          Ali Karimi
                          Azizi
                          Daei

Comment

Originally posted by Sepehr9 View Post
                            Abedzadeh
                            Mahdavikia
                            Rahman Rezaei
                            Seyed Jalal Hosseini
                            Minavand
                            Nekounam
                            Teymourian
                            Dejagah
                            Ali Karimi
                            Azizi
                            Daei
                            Other than Abedzadeh none of your players belong in this thread.

Comment

Other than Abedzadeh none of your players belong in this thread.
                              Other than Abedzadeh and Eski none of yours deserve to be In this thread.....maybe Parvin too but that’s about it. Having anyone from the dark ages of the 80s and early 90s where we couldn’t even make it to the final phase of qualifying is all that needs to be said to eliminate anyone from that era from being in the convo. 70s and late 90s/mid 2000s is where our legends come from
                              Last edited by Ghermez Agha; 02-22-2020, 12:12 PM.
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Working...
                              X