Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Friendly] Tunisia - Iran ; Info-Updates-and-Live-Reports-(23.03.2018)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You forgot to mention the Turkey match , that game will be the toughest test for TM away in Estanbul.

I predict a 2-2 game for Iran vs Tunisia

Comment

I don't care if we lose the following matches, but I hope our boys learn something from these experiences so we can beat Morocco.

Comment

Tunisia is the top ranked African team so they're not to be taken as easy to beat especially in their own stadium. This teams similar to ours because they've been the top ranked African team for a while now and have been underestimated by pretty much everyone just like us who have been the top ranked Asian team for a while yet we still aren't seen as a great threat. FIFA rankings don't mean much at times though and this team also beat Egypt just recently and Egypt has beaten Morocco so these teams are all on equal strengths for the most part

Comment

Originally posted by MucizeLions1992 View Post
          In my personal Power Rankings they are above Egypt. I saw both teams playing. Tunisia is a more well-rounded side than Egypt. Egypt is honestly the weakest of all African participants playing wise. They got results but their play is atrocious. They rely just too much on Salah in my sense. Tunisia plays much better football in my opinion. That's how I would rank CAF Teams in this World Cup. (I saw all teams playing a few times)
          1) Nigeria
          2) Morocco
          3) Senegal
          4) Tunisia
          5) Egypt
          Having said that I expect a game where Tunisia will push us back for the most time. They will have more scoring chances but I expect Iran to go with a 1:1 draw out of this.
          This Tunisia away game is the second hardest preparation game for us. Algeria were dead last in their qualfying group and are now in a rebuilding phase. Greece isn't that strong anymore, got spanked by Croatia. Tunisia is the sole World Cup participant we play - so they will take this match very serously.
          Name our starting 11 for the WC. You realize we played a weakened squad for most of qualifying and the ACN and still qualified/made the final. Salah despite getting most of the goals, wasn't even our man of the match in at least 2 of the 6 qualifying matches (he played 5). Trezeguet was clearly our best player against Congo away and Ghana at home. We outplayed Ghana away without Salah in the squad and would have won but for a goalkeeping error by our 3rd choice keeper. Ghana is much stronger than Tunisia. Our goal in that match was probably one of the best team goals in all of CAF WCQs.

When we qualified for the ACN by beating Nigeria over two legs essentially, Sobhi was by far our best player in both matches and was the reason we qualified over them. Salah played both. Tunisia is the laughing stock of Africa. They are very mediocre with average players. They have only really ever qualified for the WC due to always being gifted easy groups. They got outplayed by Libya at home lol. Maaloul is the only player who would get into our 11.

Egypt had Ghana. Morocco had Ivory Coast. Nigeria had Cameroon/Algeria. Tunisia wouldn't have qualified from any other group. Fact. They also haven't been the top ranked African team for a while. Algeria were for a long while, then Egypt. Tunisia only recently took top spot and FIFA rankings have absolutely no merit anyways. What has Tunisia won? The ACN once on home soil. By far the weakest team going to Russia from CAF.

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
            You forgot to mention the Turkey match , that game will be the toughest test for TM away in Estanbul.
            I'm part Turkish - so naturally I follow Turkey's NT as well. Looking forward to that match. Disappointed not to be involved in the WC. Losing 0-3 at home to Iceland with close to 80% possession reminded me of some Arsenal matches unfortunately.

Comment

Yeah I know

Turkey is a very good team

Comment

I'm really looking forward to this match and it's probably going to be our most important preparatory game.

Tunisia's a well rounded team like Morocco and by the time the WC rolls around they will have played every single team in our group in a recent friendly, so that will provide a very good frame of reference for CQ.

Comment

Originally posted by kastro View Post
                  I'm part Turkish - so naturally I follow Turkey's NT as well. Looking forward to that match. Disappointed not to be involved in the WC. Losing 0-3 at home to Iceland with close to 80% possession reminded me of some Arsenal matches unfortunately.
                  Where do you live?
                  Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

Originally posted by Erfan11 View Post
                    Where do you live?
                    Erfan are you going to the Turkey game?

Comment

My line up for this game:

4-3-3
                      Abedzadeh, Ghafouri, Hosseini, Pouraliganji, Mohammadi, Shojaei, Ezzatolahi, Hajsafi, Jahanbakhsh, Ansarifard, Ghoddos.

Comment

what time is the match?
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

Comment

Iran 5-2 Tunisia

Comment

Originally posted by DJPedram View Post
                            what time is the match?
                            2.15 pm

Comment

Originally posted by Erfan11 View Post
                              Where do you live?
                              Currently Canada. Between Canada and the UK as I'm there every so often.

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
                                Erfan are you going to the Turkey game?
                                Yeah man but still don’t know about the venue or the city as soon as they officially announce it i will try to buy the tickets. hope to see you there.
                                Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good thing ever dies.

Comment

Working...
                                X