WINFRIED SCHAEFER Appreciation Thread!!!

View Poll Results: Winnie Schaefer Appreciation Poll

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • SCHAEFER SHIREEHH

24 66.67%
  • SCHAEFER, DOOSET DARIM!

24 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WINFRIED SCHAEFER Appreciation Thread!!!

Super Moderator
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,152 Times in 3,553 Posts

WINFRIED SCHAEFER Appreciation Thread!!!

Meet your Persian Love Today
    OK, this is highly controversial as it comes from a PP fan!

BUT for the sake of the quality of Eye-Ranian Football, the man has done an amazing job at SS till now both in domestic league (luckily beating their sarvars at the derby... how dare he? ) but also amazingly at AFC club championships so far.
    I am really impressed, and also happy for the league as a whole (and yeah for SS too )

He was a great player in Germany in the 70ies, and also a good coach at Karlsruher SC, where I got to know his name in end 80ies.

As I understand SS has still not made up their mind to extend his contract. FOR GOD SAKE, and I am talking not only for SS, but for whole PGL and Eye-Ranian Football, EXTEND THE MAN's CONTRACT!!!

Show support for Winnie!
    Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 03-11-2018 at 11:38 PM.
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Adesor Vafaseya For This Useful Post:

Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 2,328 Times in 940 Posts
    Not a big loss if he leaves, Ghalenoi is always available XD

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,549 Times in 3,887 Posts
    I hope SS keep him at least for another season or two.

The team has had a fantastic turnaround and is playing solidly in all aspects.

As we see even average/decent quality foreign coaches have a great impact on the quality of our league.

"Either seem as you are or be as you seem."

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KeonKish For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 741 Posts
    Good thread.

Talk has to turn into action. Something nice needs to be done for him so that he knows the fans care. LEAVE IFF out of this.

One or two members should take the lead and collect notes, gifts, etc. to present to him. He deserves it.
    چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AIrani For This Useful Post:

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,150 Times in 1,360 Posts
    German managing compensates Iranian football, it was obvious from Day 1 he was going to bring results because he was a fairly notable manager/player. It was also clear that Mame Baba Thiam was going to kill it in the Leauge/ACL because we were doing something we don't like: SPENDING MONEY!!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Leicester City For This Useful Post:

PFDC Hall of Famer
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,298 Times in 2,723 Posts
    If Queiroz leaves, I hope he is one of the candidates to replace him. Fantastic character as a person and great coach.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to irani8perspolis For This Useful Post:

Super Moderator
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KeonKish View Post
    I hope SS keep him at least for another season or two.
    The team has had a fantastic turnaround and is playing solidly in all aspects.
    As we see even average/decent quality foreign coaches have a great impact on the quality of our league.
    Agree.
    At Karlsruhe, which was an average German team, he did an amazing job too. Throughout 90ies I always considered him as a solid and decent coach.
    But you have to leave past behind and judge people on what and how they do today, and the man has done just great so far.
    Doesn't happen very often in our league, signing a decent European coach who actually delivers and doesn't want to leave immediately after experiencing the state of our football.
    For the sake of our football, I really hope SS extends his contract. It will only do our football good.
    CHECK OUT OUR FORUM RULES HERE: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Don't Select Players That Suit Your Tactics; Select A Tactic That Suits Your Players !!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Adesor Vafaseya For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adesor Vafaseya View Post
    Doesn't happen very often in our league, signing a decent European coach who actually delivers and doesn't want to leave immediately after experiencing the state of our football.
    Well he came from Jamaica, where [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] is the quality of their training facilities and equipment. So Esteghlal is definitely a huge step up in terms of state of football!!!

Super Moderator
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Alborz View Post
    Well he came from Jamaica, where [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] is the quality of their training facilities and equipment. So Esteghlal is definitely a huge step up in terms of state of football!!!
    He didn't just started in Jamaica. He came from GERMAN BUNDESLIGA coaching in the top tier league from 1986 till 2001 with 3 different clubs! Later coaching/improving Cameroon at the World Cup and afterwards coaching Jamaica for 3 years where they reached the final of Gold Cup beating USA on their way to final.
    (he also coached Al Ahli and Al Ain, so understands AFC quite well)

Its a huge step forward for us!

But as I said in my earlier post, one should not judge people by their history, but by what and how they perform today, and so far he did great with SS.
    Last edited by Adesor Vafaseya; 03-12-2018 at 01:18 AM.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Adesor Vafaseya For This Useful Post:

Persepolis Fan
    ReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 8,293 Times in 4,263 Posts
    Transforming Esteghlal in a matter of 2 months with all the pressure that comes with handling the Sorkhabi clubs is commendable. The change is very noticeable when Esteghlal is on the pitch. Al Hilal were completely thrown off by Esteghlal and could not answer back. Esteghlal has their number and finished the job with ease. Schafer has brought Esteghlal back to the top in a short period of time. He also seems to have a good attitude and real love/passion for Iranian fans. I mean for him to say that in all the years he has coached he has never seen so much passion in a stadium until he started coaching Esteghlal is pretty important.

Anyways, I wish Esteghlal the best today. I’m waking up to watch this match live. I hope they beat Al Ain and send them back down to join their brothers Al Hilal.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to teammelli91 For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 181

You do not have permission to view the list of names.