This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQ met Perspolis players and Peyrovani

Last edited by 04041374; 03-09-2018, 05:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
      If Iran gets 3 points out the Morocco match and loose to the other 2 teams , then OK I say it was not a failure.
      But if
      We loose to all 3 teams in our group then yes it is a failure for sure.
      To be honest even Morocco is stronger than us. I wouldn't call "not winning against them" a failure. Not necessarily. It all depends on the way we play. If we give all we have in each game and still lose, that's fine. Failure is when you have the means to win and don't. It's when you don't give everything you have.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirFarhad View Post
        I prefer to go with a winning mentality. Costa Rica topped their group in WC 2014 while they had Italy, Uruguay and England in their group, and USA went to the second round while they were grouped with Portugal, Ghana and Germany.

You're not going to tell me that Costa Rica and USA had a better squad in 2014 than we have right now. If we manage to play the way we did against Argentina in all three games, I would say we even have a very good chance to advance.

It's going to be a very difficult journey but definitely not impossible to get to the second round in this group. Go Team Melli!
        Yes, and the winning mentality is to go out there, fight and play with guts against top teams and even if you lose, you hold your head up and go out of the WC with pride. That's the winning mentality I'm talking about.

Losing mentality is when you play like a chicken (because you feel the top teams are superior) and hope for a miracle to advance from the group stage.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
          To be honest even Morocco is stronger than us. I wouldn't call "not winning against them" a failure. Not necessarily. It all depends on the way we play. If we give all we have in each game and still lose, that's fine. Failure is when you have the means to win and don't. It's when you don't give everything you have.
          pff nice mentality to look forward to the world cup. i dont think morocco is stronger than us. someone here posted a video of a goal of ziyech from outside of the box. well good luck with that against iran.. that defense was utter crap!

Comment

Originally posted by euphory View Post
            pff nice mentality to look forward to the world cup. i dont think morocco is stronger than us. someone here posted a video of a goal of ziyech from outside of the box. well good luck with that against iran.. that defense was utter crap!
            Look where their players play before you judge them based on a video you saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
              Look where their players play before you judge them based on a video you saw.
              Where their players play. dude just beccause they have players in better teams doesn't neccesarily mean they are better than us as a team! football is a team sport and not an individual player sport. and on the sidenote... if our players had more exposure our players would have been rocking top teams as well.

Comment

Morocco is a very very strong team... And their manager is so impressive too. I'm actually as worried about Morocco as I am about Portugal.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                  Morocco is a very very strong team... And their manager is so impressive too. I'm actually as worried about Morocco as I am about Portugal.
                  Iran is also a very very strong team bro. I'm worried for Cristiano Ronaldo's legs.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
                    Why? Ziyech is just a budget Jahanbakhsh

Comment

iran and morocco are equal. the match is fifty-fifty in my eyes. The draw the group that way, that the outcome of this match is a draw, and best result for spain AND portugal...
                      World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                      sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                      If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                      -

Comment

Whatever happens I want us to get at least one damn win!

Comment

Sly

Bro if we can’t beat Morroco why even go to the WC then ????

A loss to Morroco will be our total failure

Comment

Originally posted by persian_pooya View Post
                            Whatever happens I want us to get at least one damn win!
                            me too...!! at least a Win vs Morroco and it will be successful enough of a WC campaign as far as im concerned ...!

Problem is that fixture got a borrring asss 0-0 draw Written ALL OVER IT..!

man we got royally fked by the draw this time around..!! I woulda welcomed such a draw in 2014, knowing we had snowballs chance of getting outa of the groups anyhow after barely squeaking into the wc anyways...!!
                            this time around I was really looking forward to registering our 2nd win and a somewhat realistic possibility of progress outa of the groups ...... but that Kiri draw nipped those expectations quickly in the butt..!! now i have to console myself again with low expectations of TM just making a Respectful be it likely another loosing Effort ..!!

Comment

We must and will beat Morocco. From there the Spain game will be difficult, but ideally will also prepare us to face Portugal which is absolutely a game we can be competitive in. If we at least draw there, I think we'll be a Cinderella story of this WC and make it to the the next round.
                              If so, the runner up from our group (us) will face the winner of Group A, likely Uruguay, but which also includes Russia, S.A and Egypt. I wouldn't discount an Iranian upset there given our recent history with some decent South American teams (Argentina, Chile and Venezuela). Iran into the Round of 16 for a clash with France or a rematch with Argentina?!

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                                Sly

Bro if we can’t beat Morroco why even go to the WC then ????
                                Because it's a world cup and the best Asian teams are included.

Anyways, I do hope we can beat them but it should not be an expectation as it is for many people here. It should be a hope at max.

Comment

Working...
                                X