• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iranian-Fan View Post
    source?
    https://en.mehrnews.com/news/134409/...friendly-match
    https://www.dailysabah.com/football/...-1-in-friendly

Comment

I don't think we've ever needed a friendly as bad as we need the one between now and the Lithuania game. If Greece bails out, I don't care if we have to pay for everything or with who (Could be Jamaica for all I care), but we need another friendly for our players to get used to each other a bit more.

Edit: Honestly, I would even consider Iran's under-23 or Kyrgyzstan if Greece bails out.
      Last edited by The; 05-29-2018, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
        I don't think we've ever needed a friendly as bad as we need the one between now and the Lithuania game. If Greece bails out, I don't care if we have to pay for everything or with who (Could be Jamaica for all I care), but we need another friendly for our players to get used to each other a bit more.
        Let's get in touch with our Somali Pirates brothers who I am sure are also desperate for a friendly. Lol

Ps. While I meant this as a joke it would not shock me if this is what ends up happening. Then we can all complain we had poor prep and this cost us the WC!

Sent from my ME173X using Tapatalk
        Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by Abtin View Post
          What is this BS now that the Greece friendly will be played in Austria? Why should the Greek fly all the way to Austria, when they could host it at home, let alone the added expenses?
          This is their own fault. They first signed the agreement and agreed to play in Istanbul. Then when things got bad between them and Turkey they said they want to play in Athens.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
            This is their own fault. They first signed the agreement and agreed to play in Istanbul. Then when things got bad between them and Turkey they said they want to play in Athens.
            So is it going to happen? Most important thing is that the Greece friendly happens ...

Comment

Just play in Athens, Ir is the champion of sensoring shit out, Why cant they just censor the beer company
              WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by St_Mark View Post
                Water under the Bridge, that is how CQ describe it losing a practice game versus Turkey. I don't think CQ or players had any other intention but to win the game, but for CQ winning although important was not the only objective. He had to make the best use of a limited friendly game to examine and test and answer some of his own questions, uncertainties and gauging his players' readiness physical as well as mental. He also did not want to give away his tactics and game plan for important games ahead while opponents were watching.

Result and performances were unsatisfactory as this Turkey team was beatable should Iran had better preparation and game plan. As much as CQ and players want to deny losing a game like that has its impacts on coach and players.CQ has been under pressure for many reasons. Not having kind of preparation he expected, not having better friendlies, not having the kind of supports from IPL clubs, journalists... above all IFF not agreeing with him for a new contract all these concerns not to forget playing in a hard group put heavy pressure on him.

Lately his judgments regarding his selections have been criticized and unfortunately, his response has been unprofessional. I think Visit by Pashazadeh, Daei was a positive support ( i wish there were more) and he needs to get more support as he representing Iran and this support should continue as long as he is the couch.

I sincerely believe we can advance with a right game plan and little CQ luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
                  So is it going to happen? Most important thing is that the Greece friendly happens ...
                  Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
                  Just play in Athens, Ir is the champion of sensoring shit out, Why cant they just censor the beer company
                  For now I would assume the game is not happening.
                  Its not related to beer.
                  In 1997 and 2003 Iran played in the Carlsberg Cup and there were no issues.
                  We have played tons of friendlies with alcohol advertisements everywhere....
                  It's not a big deal. Something else is preventing the game from happening.

Comment

For now I would assume the game is not happening.
                    Its not related to beer.
                    In 1997 and 2003 Iran played in the Carlsberg Cup and there were no issues.
                    We have played tons of friendlies with alcohol advertisements everywhere....
                    It's not a big deal. Something else is preventing the game from happening.

Just kidding of course. It probably has to do with the fact that both Greece and Iran are disorganized countries with mismanaged Football federations/

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post

Just kidding of course. It probably has to do with the fact that both Greece and Iran are disorganized countries with mismanaged Football federations/
                      Considering Saudi played them a week (or 2 ago) and the fact that Greece is a country where an owner can wave his gun around on the field... I don't expect much.
                      As I have said many times before, Greece is basically a secular Iran, including all the corruption, inefficiency and gholdori.

Comment

Considering Saudi played them a week (or 2 ago) and the fact that Greece is a country where an owner can wave his gun around on the field... I don't expect much.
                        As I have said many times before, Greece is basically a secular Iran, including all the corruption, inefficiency and gholdori.
                        Basically it’s all related to the same complex i.e. believing that we are better than everyone else because thousand of years ago we were great civilizations , good examples are Persia, Rome, Greece and Egypt.
                        United We Stand, One nation one heart one goal

Comment

we need greece friendly,we badly need it

Comment

http://www.ffiri.ir/news/detail/توضی...4169/news.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

Comment

Iran vs Greece confirmed?
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

Comment

Gol Bezan interview with A Bola Tv about Iranian national team.

Comment

Working...
                                X