Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty sure Shojaei will be there as well now that Ashkan is injured!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
      Seriously? I really doubt it.
      We'll see

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
        What about Shojaeian
        Maybe

Comment

TM-News- Vol. 4

Why do I feel like I’m going to take a loooooooong break from PDFC once Iran gets knocked out of the WC?

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
            Why do I feel like I’m going to take a loooooooong break from PDFC once Iran gets knocked out of the WC?
            I have a feeling we'll be hanging around here like crazy after Iran is knocked out of the WC with our heads held high!!!

We'll be wanting CQ to stay one more period (until the next WC) and we'll be praising Taj and his staff!

Comment

has Pejman recovered from his injury yet..? hope so
              he is a rock solid CB and also a make-shift RB ....! and no one can distribute and build up from the back better than him either..!!

Comment

Because one half of us have to dry their pants after Iran reached the knock-out-phase.
                The other half is searching for new names for themselves after they promised to cut their shambools, if Iran should reach the next round.

Comment

I have a feeling we'll be hanging around here like crazy after Iran is knocked out of the WC with our heads held high!!!

We'll be wanting CQ to stay one more period (until the next WC) and we'll be praising Taj and his staff!
                  we only wish he would stay that long. Reality is, Branko, MK and the rest of our legendary winners are licking their chops waiting for a chance to destroy all that CQ has done for TM. After CQ is gone, the mafia will once again take over and you'll need to smoke some good stuff to keep your head high .......
                  “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

I know I will personally be quite depressed for a while if TM gets knocked out in the group stage again. I know our group is very tough and I shouldn't have such expectations but I am sick and tired of seeing our beloved TM go out in the group stage.

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                      we only wish he would stay that long. Reality is, Branko, MK and the rest of our legendary winners are licking their chops waiting for a chance to destroy all that CQ has done for TM. After CQ is gone, the mafia will once again take over and you'll need to smoke some good stuff to keep your head high .......
                      That may be...but then...enjoy it while he's still around.

Comment

Originally posted by Persian-Pride87 View Post
                        I know I will personally be quite depressed for a while if TM gets knocked out in the group stage again. I know our group is very tough and I shouldn't have such expectations but I am sick and tired of seeing our beloved TM go out in the group stage.
                        and TM will get knocked out in the group stage so you better prepare for it already now. I'm sorry but there is no way we can advance ahead of Portugal and Spain. We may have never been as good as we are now but we are still not THAT good.

Having said that, you are looking at it from the wrong perspective. What makes you think getting knocked out in the group stage is necessarily a failure or a disaster for TM? Imagine we play 3 games like the one we played against Argentina in 2014. We'd be seeing 3 fantastic games by TM which would gain us world wide respect like never before. Our domestic players would get European contracts while our European legioners would go to better teams/leagues. In some cases maybe they'd even go to top world class teams.

How is that depressing?! I'd call that the best WC we've ever had despite losing 3 games. Even better than 98 when we won against the US. Mind you I count 2014 a better WC for us than the WC98.

Comment

It will be depressing because it will continue our streak of not making it out of the group stage.

It looks like you and I see things differently. I honestly don't care if we played ugly football but got results and make the knockout stage.

Having a memorable game like the one we have in Argentina is fine and dandy but ultimately we ended up with 0 points from that match and didn't make the knockout stage yet again. You know what would be really memorable and historic? Making the knockout stage, not playing valiantly against a big team.

So I don't care for that, I want us to make a knockout stage. So tired of getting to the WC only to play 3 games and head home. And besides, who knows when we will make the next WC again? Imagine we return to the trend of missing every other WC.

Making the knockout stage takes precedent over anything else for me.

and TM will get knocked out in the group stage so you better prepare for it already now. I'm sorry but there is no way we can advance ahead of Portugal and Spain. We may have never been as good as we are now but we are still not THAT good.
                          Having said that, you are looking at it from the wrong perspective. What makes you think getting knocked out in the group stage is necessarily a failure or a disaster for TM? Imagine we play 3 games like the one we played against Argentina in 2014. We'd be seeing 3 fantastic games by TM which would gain us world wide respect like never before. Our domestic players would get European contracts while our European legioners would go to better teams/leagues. In some cases maybe they'd even go to top world class teams.
                          How is that depressing?! I'd call that the best WC we've ever had despite losing 3 games. Even better than 98 when we won against the US. Mind you I count 2014 a better WC for us than the WC98.

Comment

Originally posted by Persian-Pride87 View Post
                            It will be depressing because it will continue our streak of not making it out of the group stage.

It looks like you and I see things differently. I honestly don't care if we played ugly football but got results and make the knockout stage.

Having a memorable game like the one we have in Argentina is fine and dandy but ultimately we ended up with 0 points from that match and didn't make the knockout stage yet again. You know what would be really memorable and historic? Making the knockout stage, not playing valiantly against a big team.

So I don't care for that, I want us to make a knockout stage. So tired of getting to the WC only to play 3 games and head home. And besides, who knows when we will make the next WC again? Imagine we return to the trend of missing every other WC.

Making the knockout stage takes precedent over anything else for me.
                            Well, playing valiantly or not, either way I don't think we can make it to the second round ahead of Portugal and Spain. So I'd rather see us getting knocked out with pride.

Also I think a condition for going to the next round in any WC, is your ability to stand up against big teams in the group and doing it well. Otherwise, I don't think luck can get you anywhere. Against Argentina, we had a great defense, yet we created opportunities to score goals. Without the latter, we don't have a chance of making it to the second round. Look at Japan....they stood up against big teams, played with guts and got knocked out of the group stage in every WC until they could finally make it to the second round back in 2002. South Korea had the same procedure. Neither of them have been able to make it to the second round for a while now but they have surely been more successful than us. Sure they always get better preparations and friendlies, etc. but despite the risk of losing 3 games, they still play with guts.

If for each WC, we continue having the same or even better preparation as for this WC, and manage to pull off an "Argentina game" against every opponent in the group stage, then in the future we may end up in a less impossible group and make it to the second round. but that still requires that we play like we did against Argentina, against everyone. Otherwise it wont happen.

Comment

If Iran gets 3 points out the Morocco match and loose to the other 2 teams , then OK I say it was not a failure.
                              But if
                              We loose to all 3 teams in our group then yes it is a failure for sure.

Comment

I prefer to go with a winning mentality. Costa Rica topped their group in WC 2014 while they had Italy, Uruguay and England in their group, and USA went to the second round while they were grouped with Portugal, Ghana and Germany.

You're not going to tell me that Costa Rica and USA had a better squad in 2014 than we have right now. If we manage to play the way we did against Argentina in all three games, I would say we even have a very good chance to advance.

It's going to be a very difficult journey but definitely not impossible to get to the second round in this group. Go Team Melli!

Comment

Working...
                                X