This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eliz3p View Post
    how about playing Singapore or other Southeast Asian countries?
    if we had china or a SE asian team in our AC group, im sure CQ woulda considered it..!
    (Evading the Obvious Political and Budgetary issues which repeatedly gets in our way of adequetly prepare TM for big Tourneys)
    CQ is apparently primarily looking for Semi-strong national footballing sides who supposedly their style of play and the complexion of their team better resembles our AC group opponents, first and foremost..!!
    Also as I said Semi-Strong/Weaker Footballing national sides, because he is clearly trying to adapt TM to a new, more Offensive and Possession-based Tactics..!!
    He knows full well that his TM isnt quiet ready and offensively tuned to dictate the Tempo against formidable footballing countries..!! besides he aint likely to face higher level of competition at AC (@ least unlikely until closer to semi's or Final match..! then,if need be he can resort to his Defense first and Counter tactics which is his TM is quiet familiar with and already able to carry on the pitch..!) hence the few months earlier's reluctance to chase after friendlies with Argentine, Brazil, Colombia & other high profile footballing sides as TM fans were wishing for..! even the inclusion of Massoud which was baffling to me at the time, makes sense now in light of this new Possession based/more Offensive formation and tactics that Carlos been trying out in TM since return from Russia WC..!

When it comes to well-thought-out & Detailed Long Term PLANNING, CQ is arguably the Best head coach in the World...!! of course strength as a head coach runs Counter to classic Iranian (mostly off the seat of their pants, Just wing-it ) culture, hence the biggest reason he clashes all so frequently with the shortsighted IFF and other footballing head honchos of IR..!!

Comment

Don’t forget we have Vietnam in our group and they are not a bad team !!!!!

Comment

how about playing Singapore or other Southeast Asian countries?
        singapore like 7-8 years ago would have been better, now the team is poor unfortunalty, but i think CQ dont like playing strong and weak teams

Comment

I would be ok seeing us play Thailand. Thats enough to test ourselves for Vietnam.

Throw in Qatar and we are prepped. We are never going to have friendlies that emulate our games with Japan/Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
            singapore like 7-8 years ago would have been better, now the team is poor unfortunalty, but i think CQ dont like playing strong and weak teams
            true. Singapore is much weaker. it has been my dream having both Singapore and Iran meet, though. haha
            A Singapore girl who supports Iran Football

Comment

interesting fact, i believe we have never played vietnam in Team Melli level. This will be our first time.
              IRI = FAILED

Comment

Khanzadeh will have some bad dreams about Vietnam and that fiasco in the u23 championship few years ago lol

Comment

Originally posted by BacheLot View Post
                  if we had china or a SE asian team in our AC group, im sure CQ woulda considered it..!
                  (Evading the Obvious Political and Budgetary issues which repeatedly gets in our way of adequetly prepare TM for big Tourneys)
                  CQ is apparently primarily looking for Semi-strong national footballing sides who supposedly their style of play and the complexion of their team better resembles our AC group opponents, first and foremost..!!
                  Also as I said Semi-Strong/Weaker Footballing national sides, because he is clearly trying to adapt TM to a new, more Offensive and Possession-based Tactics..!!
                  He knows full well that his TM isnt quiet ready and offensively tuned to dictate the Tempo against formidable footballing countries..!! besides he aint likely to face higher level of competition at AC (@ least unlikely until closer to semi's or Final match..! then,if need be he can resort to his Defense first and Counter tactics which is his TM is quiet familiar with and already able to carry on the pitch..!) hence the few months earlier's reluctance to chase after friendlies with Argentine, Brazil, Colombia & other high profile footballing sides as TM fans were wishing for..! even the inclusion of Massoud which was baffling to me at the time, makes sense now in light of this new Possession based/more Offensive formation and tactics that Carlos been trying out in TM since return from Russia WC..!

When it comes to well-thought-out & Detailed Long Term PLANNING, CQ is arguably the Best head coach in the World...!! of course strength as a head coach runs Counter to classic Iranian (mostly off the seat of their pants, Just wing-it ) culture, hence the biggest reason he clashes all so frequently with the shortsighted IFF and other footballing head honchos of IR..!!
                  You bring up some great points here! Thanks for that!

I think we can be a little less harsh on Shojaei, considering he brings something nobody else has on this team: insane dribbling skills, tons of composure, and the ability to hold possession (like Dejagah).
                  I always thought it was smart of CQ to play Shojaei, because in a super defensive minded system, we don't get to hold the ball for long, unless Shojaei has it. - When he holds the ball so well for us, he draws fouls, gives our players a breather so they can stop chasing the ball for a few seconds, and allows them to make runs up field while he dribbles.

Don't get me wrong, Shojaei is not world class or perfect. He loses the ball sometimes, and gives a bad pass here and there, just like everyone else on TM, but he has composure and skill on the ball that nobody can match.
                  Not to mention, he's great at striking the ball, both during play and set pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by persian-eagle-13 View Post
                    interesting fact, i believe we have never played vietnam in Team Melli level. This will be our first time.
                    you may well be right..? i dont remember ever facing them with first team either..!! i even forgot they were in our AC group..!
                    i assume and expect a comfortable victory against them...!! but dont really know much about their current quality overall..?? they've hold their own well on the youth tourneys of late, i wonder if they can pose much of a challenge against us on the senior level, especially in a competitive setting@ AC..?

Comment

Originally posted by sam20 View Post
                      You bring up some great points here! Thanks for that!
                      I think we can be a little less harsh on Shojaei, considering he brings something nobody else has on this team: insane dribbling skills, tons of composure, and the ability to hold possession (like Dejagah).
                      I always thought it was smart of CQ to play Shojaei, because in a super defensive minded system, we don't get to hold the ball for long, unless Shojaei has it. - When he holds the ball so well for us, he draws fouls, gives our players a breather so they can stop chasing the ball for a few seconds, and allows them to make runs up field while he dribbles.
                      Don't get me wrong, Shojaei is not world class or perfect. He loses the ball sometimes, and gives a bad pass here and there, just like everyone else on TM, but he has composure and skill on the ball that nobody can match.
                      Not to mention, he's great at striking the ball, both during play and set pieces.
                      Liked reading u.

C.Q and M.Shojaie bring unity to our team.It's a superhuman achievement, don't underestimate it. Remember how scattered our team was in 2006? Full of talented personalities and egos...and not not much cohesion. Masoud might not be in his prime but he is still passionate, lean and fit.
                      Unlike Ali daie who was not elite fit back in 2006 and insisted on playing (Despite that I still have enormous respect for Daie and feel we owe him a lot).

We need to put all our support behind our players. I think we often forget the hurdles (political, economical, pressure and abuse from fans...)these courageous men have to jump over on a daily basis. Let's send them love!

U will so miss Masoud when he retires...appreciate what we have....plus... he's THE posterboy for HANDSOME yet such a humble honey bunny.

CQ is not bad abo havo either...hip hip hooray!
                      Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                        Yes but now it seems to be for sure as to before was just a rumor.

And the format will olny be 2 matches for each team not 3
                        According to Siri we play Qatar on December 31, 2018 on a Monday.

Comment

Carlos needs to invite Shoja, specially with injuries to Montazeri and PAG, he is playing his best football now, he is by far better than Khanzadeh, and 35 years old Montazeri and even Cheshmi, enough with Kineh-Shotori!

Comment

Originally posted by Roxanaz80 View Post
                            Liked reading u.
                            U will so miss Masoud when he retires...appreciate what we have....plus... he's a posterboy for HANDSOME yet such a humble honey bunny.
                            Haha most of my friends - who do not have a clue of who the Team Melli players also somehow think Masoud is very handsome. I was raving to them about how handsome Morteza, Ramin and ARJ are, but they tell me no, Masoud is the most good looking.....hm...I think I need to have a closer look at Masoud...
                            A Singapore girl who supports Iran Football

Comment

Haha most of my friends - who do not have a clue of who the Team Melli players also somehow think Masoud is very handsome. I was raving to them about how handsome Morteza, Ramin and ARJ are, but they tell me no, Masoud is the most good looking.....hm...I think I need to have a closer look at Masoud...
                              Lol...
                              So many jigars in that team handsome...u make new discoveries every day.My friends are also raving about them. They actually look up pictures. PAG is very popular...

I think Masoud and co...would have definitely been chosen for a Boss, Dior,Dolce...campaign if they were European. These guys would be getting so many opportunities if the geopolitical situation was somewhat different.
                              Keep calm and believe in Fairies and Footballers Roxanaz

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                                Carlos needs to invite Shoja, specially with injuries to Montazeri and PAG, he is playing his best football now, he is by far better than Khanzadeh, and 35 years old Montazeri and even Cheshmi, enough with Kineh-Shotori!
                                Lol do you watch his games? Shoja is shit

Comment

Working...
                                X