Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Bolivia is better than NOT PLAYING at all.

But lets not make them into anything special or bigger than what they are.
    They get results at HOME (due to high altitude. versus other south Am teams not used to such altitudes). But outside, I really doubt they're anything better than the likes of Iraq, Uzbekistan, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
      Why El Salvador? Just wondering
      Quick and physical team. Cheap to set up a friendly with.

Comment

Originally posted by Tehranto View Post
        Our group opponents Iraq will play vs. Argentina next month, and potentially Brazil.
        wtf, how are they affording this? Is this another Saudi bribe thing?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
          wtf, how are they affording this? Is this another Saudi bribe thing?
          Yes, Saudi is organizing the whole thing. It's in Saudi Arabia, the game.

Iraq is taking the role that Syria once had - they know they are pawns and they are appealing to all sides to give them goodies. Apparently, before this, they had an agreement with Qatar.

Comment

Great preparation for Asian Cup to play Argentina and Brazil lol. They play very similar to Vietnam and Yemen.

Comment

Bolivia is slighlty better than Venezuela so its an average game but again better than nothing for sure.

Iraq will play Argentina and Saudi Arabia

Comment

Our group opponents Iraq will play vs. Argentina next month, and potentially Brazil.
                Very good. We can see how they get exposed in their defenses or their potential tactics to attack against strong teams like ours.

Comment

Originally posted by The View Post
                  Quick and physical team. Cheap to set up a friendly with.
                  Agreed, I like concacaff teams I wish we played against more of them. They excel is many areas that asian teams lack and it would just be an overall good change from asian sides our guys are used to. However don't think they fit CQ's criteria of using each friendly to prep for a specific match I'd rate them somewhere in between Vietnam and Iraq. At the same time though, bolivia is a much better side than Iraq so one can even argue CQs prep in this instance is a bit flawed. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed hoping it doesn't get canceled
                  Team Meli Iran
                  Perspolis FC
                  Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Originally posted by sedee91 View Post
                    Very good. We can see how they get exposed in their defenses or their potential tactics to attack against strong teams like ours.
                    This.

Comment

http://spanish.xinhuanet.com/2018-09/17/c_137474308.htm

http://www.lostiempos.com/deportes/f...olivia-octubre

Comment

I have a feeling this will conflict with their agreement with Qatar FA.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                          I have a feeling this will conflict with their agreement with Qatar FA.
                          Yup. I mentioned this on the last page, but they are trying to play the pre-civil war Syrian role: win favours from powerful, rich neighbours who are vying for your loyalty.

Comment

Yup. I mentioned this on the last page, but they are trying to play the pre-civil war Syrian role: win favours from powerful, rich neighbours who are vying for your loyalty.
                            what does the syrian war have to with iraq's friendlies man... Give it a rest

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                              what does the syrian war have to with iraq's friendlies man... Give it a rest
                              No, you give it a rest. It's within the context of this conversation. They had an agreement with Qatar FA, yet they went against the spirit of that agreement and went with Saudi Arabia - who are using these games a political tool to shun the Qataris. That is why they got this friendly with Argentina. If you don't get it, then I can't help. You pick apart a small analogy - but miss the entire context.

And also - you don't like my posts or come once in a while to nag/complain and fail to comprehend things. Just put me on your ignore list.

Comment

No, you give it a rest. It's within the context of this conversation. They had an agreement with Qatar FA, yet they went against the spirit of that agreement and went with Saudi Arabia - who are using these games a political tool to shun the Qataris. That is why they got this friendly with Argentina. If you don't get it, then I can't help. You pick apart a small analogy - but miss the entire context.

And also - you don't like my posts or come once in a while to nag/complain and fail to comprehend things. Just put me on your ignore list.
                                Can't Qatar arrange us some friendlies? I thought we had some cooperation with them

Comment

Working...
                                X