Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol croatia getting swept aside 3-0 by spain. With all their top level players who just went to a WC final, they tried pressing spain and playing a bit open, BANG 3-0.

But people want to say CQ is too defensive and doesnt know what hes doing. Ok and you do, right?

Edit * Now 6-0... But really, we need to have 15% more possession so PFDC posters are satisfied. Without these crucial 15% posession, CQ should be fired bc he is holding back the naturally very strong and tactically disciplined TM. give it a rest people.

Comment

Honsestly the more time passes by the more I see how correct CQ has been in his strategy for the TM in the WC

Look at how Portugal and Turkey both beat Italy and Sweeden and now Spain destroying Croatia.

Comment

Agreed. Just look at how Portugal and Spain have played in the last week. We were in a group with those 2 damn teams. Even Spain and Portugal didn't have as much in the next round because Group B was so damn competitive and draining.

Comment

Spain was in turmoil and had a clueless coach. Not a comparable team. Portugal yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
            Spain was in turmoil and had a clueless coach. Not a comparable team. Portugal yes.
            But the individual quality in that Spain team was still way above any team in the World Cup.
            Even with the chaos they were formidable.
            Had they won in penalties versus Russia, they would have made it to the final.

Comment

Holly God
              Spain 6 Croatia 0 !!!!????
              Am I reading this correctly !!!??
              WTF !!!!????

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                But the individual quality in that Spain team was still way above any team in the World Cup.
                Even with the chaos they were formidable.
                Had they won in penalties versus Russia, they would have made it to the final.
                Doesn't matter. You can have the best players in the world and they can still suck.

e.g Real under Benitez and a few months later under Zidane or even better. Argentina in the WC.

Comment

Today was an OK friendly, but we really wasted September...

Korea, Japan and Saudis played great friendlies and are well ahead of us in preparation.

Korea's new coach Bento also has them looking like their usual selves - they are not a team to take lightly.

5 teams - Iran, Korea Rep, Japan, Australia, and Saudis with the outside chance (im assuming they will get a ton of penalties called for them) will be fighting for this cup. So far, all have prepared themselves much better than we have.

Playing Uzbeks and losing another FIFA day are not ideal.

Comment

Well at least we got a friendly game

Australia played 0 games

Japan played Costa Rica their first match vs Chili was cancelled due to earth quick.

South Korea played both Chili and Costa Rica

Saudi Arabia played Bolivia

Qatar played China and Palestine

China played Bahrain and Qatar

Etc etc etc

So at least we got to play Uzbekistan

But we must not loose any more friendly days at all

CQ wants 6 more games before the start of our first AC game

Comment

Don’t waste your time. Japan is going to win this Asian cup. What’s next after this? 2022 qualifiers? Lol I Already put my bet in Vegas lol -#beingrealistic

Comment

Special thanks to Uzbekistan for being our loyal friendly partner.

The fact is that we are officially under war and can’t get decent non-Asian friendlies nowadays.

Comment

I garrantee one thing , if we make it to the finals of the AC No matter who we play

We will win but we have to beat at least Australia or South Korea in order to get there first.

Comment

Originally posted by sarbaz View Post
                            I garrantee one thing , if we make it to the finals of the AC No matter who we play
                            We will win but we have to beat at least Australia or South Korea in order to get there first.
                            Let's hope so. I booked my flights yesterday to be there for the semi-final and final game.

Comment

Good for you buddy

I believe that Iran and Japan or Saudi Arabia can only meet in the final right ?

Comment

One thing going for us is the fear that all teams will have when they enter the pitch against us. We must use that as they know that we are one of the favourites. Believe me their fans will be talking about us with worry.

Comment

Working...
                                X