Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am pleasantly surprised that IFF was able to get this on such short notice. Cautiously optimistic....

Comment

TM desperately needs more friendlies. That was made obvious playing against Turkey so I most welcome Kosovo, but can’t help feeling that we always seems to pick the crumpets off the floor!!! 😔
      sigpic
      Long Live 3 Rang'e Iran

Comment

Yes I know but this cancellation was not our fault , it was Greece’s fault.

Comment

wow .... what a disappointment. So is Greece not playing any team on that day?

actually, screw them. If we have to beg them to play us, you know for sure they would not field an A team. At least with Kosovo, we know we will get their best players on the pitch
          “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
            Really nice. Except when they call Cheshmi talented. Almost pissed myself laughing.
            "Formerly known as AliDaeiClone"

Comment

I don't care what happens after the WC, Taj and Saket have to remain at the helm of IFF!!!! No questions!

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                wow .... what a disappointment. So is Greece not playing any team on that day?

actually, screw them. If we have to beg them to play us, you know for sure they would not field an A team. At least with Kosovo, we know we will get their best players on the pitch
                Unfortunately we aren't getting that country's best players All of their best players play for Switzerland (due to the war they had, a high percentage of their migrants were given Swiss citizenships... )

Some examples are Xhaka (Arsenal & Switzerland), Shaqiri (former Barcelona and Inter Milan player who plays for Switzerland), Valon Behrami (Udinese & also Swiss) and also Admir Mehmedi (Wolfsburg and Swiss)...

But these players all show that Kosovo is very naturally talented but don't have the facilities to develop their class players, very similar situation to what Iran's football scene is facing despite Iran not have any recent wars...

Comment

From Albanian sources I know that Kosovo can also play Congo abd Moldova. I doubt there will be Kosovo-Iran friendly as Iran hasn't recognized Kodova as a sovereign country yet.

Comment

Originally posted by MucizeLions1992 View Post
                    From Albanian sources I know that Kosovo can also play Congo abd Moldova. I doubt there will be Kosovo-Iran friendly as Iran hasn't recognized Kodova as a sovereign country yet.
                    if they have conformed the game, they will play them, we need a damn friendly and we need it fast,CQ need a friendly

Comment

Originally posted by MucizeLions1992 View Post
                      You think they would rather play one of those teams when they can play a World Cup team with a great defense?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tooleh khers View Post
                        Look at the players they have, Look at ACL, look at Asian Cup, look at the way they play...etc in late 90s and early 2000s Saudi beat us but we had a better team than them. Winning a couple of games here and there is not indicative of anything.
                        How many League Bartar, ACL, World Cup Qualifiers, Friendlies have you seen in the past 20-25 years? Or better yet how many Iranian football matches have you watched just in the past year from start to finish to just automatically rate these nations higher than us in football?

In terms of the infrastructures and the money invested into their football (Japan, South Korea, Australia, Saudi Arabia, Watar..) Yes, they are in an a lot better situation that’s us. But neither Japan nor South Korea could stand against this Iran. If you watched Iran vs Japan (since you bring up our Asian Cup results from 3 years ago), we played a good game and dominated the Japanese with young inexperienced players like Azmoun, Ezatolahi, Torabi, Pouraliganji, and etc.

When it comes to comparing this Team Melli to the Team Melli of 2015, the Team Melli of 2015 developed into this Iranian Team due to the hard work of our head coach and training staff. They help lee mold and shape those debutant players of late 2014-early 2015 to become this team.

As far as Australia and Saudi Arabia are concerned, if you’ve watched their World Cup qualifies, Saudi Arabia received 9 points from 1-0 victories in which they won due to the referee giving them the match. Australia was horrible in their group and were almost eliminated and missed out on play-offs.

So when it comes to how much we invest into our football, yes, we are behind. But I would be stupid to say this Team Melli (NOT the one from 2015 in which you referred to) is weaker than the team’s you’ve mentioned. Qatar gave us more trouble than South Korea due to the amount of money they put into their football. And naturalísima good African, South American players. But we were able to out smart them and defeat them. Australia would have struggled and have lost to Qatar.

Again, I agree with you that we are behind in terms of infrastructure and efforts for our football but those days of assuming that just because they’re South Korea, Japan, Australia does not necessarily mean that they are better. Look what Carlos Queiroz did to his team. You can make a a great team with talented players and that’s what he did.

Comment

Maybe we have a game against Kosovo pirates

Comment

looks like another kosovo sher

Comment

Kosovo beat Albania 3-0 who had beat Turkey 1-0 in istanbul so Kos 4 Iran 0?! Lol I predict a 4-0 victory for us all our forwards need to score

Comment

Ps Kosovo has also beaten Saudi Arabia 1-0 in 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X