35 players BIG roster in WC2018??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

35 players BIG roster in WC2018??

I am surprised nobody is talking about this huge news. Fifa is discussing a new rule that allows the participants of WC2018 to take 35 players with them to the final round of the World Cup. That means that there is the option to have as many as 3 players for every and each position + 3 keepers with you in the WC.

This is quiet unbelievable as up until now, the teams only have consisted of 23 players. That gives a whole new aspect to the selection of the roster and many more young talents can be selected. We might also experience surprises like seeing a player that under normal circumstances would not have been with the team, to play a match in the WC because of injuries or because he hits an incredible form all of a sudden.

موافقت فیفا با افزایش تعداد بازیکنان تیم*های ملی به ۳۵ نفر در جام جهانی ۲۰۱۸
    فیفا با افزایش تعداد بازیکنان تیم*های ملی فوتبال شرکت*کننده در جام جهانی ۲۰۱۸ روسیه تا سقف ۳۵ نفر موافقت کرد.
    ۱۹ بهمن ۱۳۹۶ - ۲۳:۲۵ ورزشی فوتبال ایران ورزش جهان نظرات
    تیم ملی فوتبال ایران
    به گزارش خبرگزاری تسنیم، به نقل از روزنامه ریانووستی روسیه، کمیته برگزاری مسابقات فیفا موافقت کرد تا تعداد بازیکنان تیم*های ملی شرکت*کننده در جام جهانی 2018 روسیه از 30 به 35 نفر افزایش پیدا کند.

این تصمیم در نشست عصر امروز (پنجشنبه) کمیته برگزاری مسابقات فیفا در شهر زوریخ به*ریاست الکساندر چفرین (رئیس یوفا) اتخاذ شد. در این نشست آخرین اطلاعات آماده*سازی کشور میزبان جام جهانی 2018 روسیه و 12 ورزشگاه این رقابت*ها، سمینار سرمربیان و نمایندگان تیم*های ملی شرکت*کننده در شهر سوچی، کنگره فیفا و نتایج نظرسنجی از 32 مربی تیم*های ملی راه*یافته به جام جهانی 2018 روسیه درباره افزایش تعداد بازیکنان از 30 به 35 نفر مورد بررسی قرار گرفت.

رأی کمیته برگزاری مسابقات فیفا درباره افزایش بازیکنان تیم*های ملی شرکت*کننده در جام جهانی 2018 روسیه باید در جلسه روز 16 مارس (25 اسفند) شورای فیفا نیز مورد تأیید قرار بگیرد.

انتهای پیام/*
    sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
    >-----------------<
    Marg bar dictator
    >-----------------<

They increased the limit for the provisional squad, not the final squad. The limit for the final squad is still 23 players.

Comment

Yes that’s correct

The final squads will stir remain at 23

Comment

OK! I thought it is the final squad they are talking about. Then it is not that big of a deal.
        sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
        >-----------------<
        Marg bar dictator
        >-----------------<

Comment

basically FIFA is trying to F**K football the worst way possible... or at least the event of the World Cup.
          Their increased number of teams could well ruin WC once & for all.
          I can see regional/continental confeds smiling at this now. Now, they can make their competitions more competitive, lucrative and interesting

Comment

35 player make no sense, for the final, 23 is better

Comment

Its 35 for provisional squad, not the final squad! Final squad is 23 only as members have already mentioned.

Comment

23 players is very limited choice option if you have a pool of talents (Brazil,Belgium, France, Spain..).
                I think 5 more would be perfect.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
                CITY

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                  basically FIFA is trying to F**K football the worst way possible... or at least the event of the World Cup.
                  Their increased number of teams could well ruin WC once & for all.
                  I can see regional/continental confeds smiling at this now. Now, they can make their competitions more competitive, lucrative and interesting
                  Increasing # of teams isn't good but it's not that big of a deal either... w/e, more teams will play from now on. Why are people triggered by this lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gotham View Post
                    Increasing # of teams isn't good but it's not that big of a deal either... w/e, more teams will play from now on. Why are people triggered by this lol
                    Because they would rather watch Uruguay vs. Italy rather than Bangladesh vs. Namibia.
                    I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Originally posted by KC McElroy View Post
                      Because they would rather watch Uruguay vs. Italy rather than Bangladesh vs. Namibia.
                      Then watch Italy and Uruguay and turn off your set when Namibia and Bangladesh are playing... there's hundreds of ways to ruin football, this isn't THAT big of a deal. I still prefer current format of course

Comment

Then watch Italy and Uruguay and turn off your set when Namibia and Bangladesh are playing... there's hundreds of ways to ruin football, this isn't THAT big of a deal. I still prefer current format of course
                        It's a waste of time for them to even be there when you know they will have nothing to say because if they did they would have qualified with the current number of berths. They don't belong.
                        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Just think of how boring Asian Qualifiers would be when you know Iran will qualify every year, even with a mediocre team. Plus, this means that the Group Stage will have groups of 3, meaning we have to wait 4 years for a tournament we know Iran will qualify for (no excitement during qualifiers) only to watch us play 2 games (which decreases our chances of advancing from the group stage given our current record). Qualifying will become meaningless if every "dar-e peet" team makes the World Cup. A meaningless World Cup means less attention to Team Melli, and that's bad for our players who are hoping to get noticed/scouted.

Comment

I agree it sucks, but there's worse that can be done to ruin football. I just won't watch games involving shit teams in WC but w/e...

Comment

Overall this is a slightly negative news for Iran

World class teams have so much talent that they can easily choose 35 TOP class players so they have a bigger pool at their disposal.

Comment

Working...
                              X