Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My open letter from Iranian fans to the AFC general secretary about ACL match venues!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My open letter from Iranian fans to the AFC general secretary about ACL match venues!

Thursday, 8th February 2018

Dato’ Windsor John General Secretary Asian Football Confederation Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    windsor.john@the-afc.com media@the-afc.com

Via E-Mail:

Dato’ Windsor John General Secretary Asian Football Confederation Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    windsor.john@the-afc.com media@the-afc.com

Via E-Mail:

Dear Mr. John,
    I am writing on behalf of Iranian football fans of all colors; reds, blues, yellows, greens and indeed the entire Iranian football community, to protest the Asian Football Confederation’s recent decision to force Iranian clubs to play their home matches against Saudi clubs in Muscat, Oman.

We have seen the two letters the Association of Iranian Veteran Sports Journalists sent to you directly. Therefore, we should not repeat the sequence of events that you are very well aware of. We have also noticed you have not responded to a simple question why you have chosen to completely disregard the Iranian Football Federation’s letter of 30th January and indeed that of Qatar Football Association that the two home matches of our clubs against their Saudi opponents would be played in Doha.

Undoubtedly, you are aware of the passion of Iranian football fans. Football plays an important role in our society. Our fans have followed our country’s representative clubs and national teams in continental and international competitions with huge interest since the 1960’s. We are amongst the most ardent, if not the most ardent fans, in Asia.

Iranian football fans are the harshest critics of our own federation and club management staff. Equally, and in this most recent saga, we are even more appalled by the actions of a Confederation that we not only feel, but also firmly believe, is influenced by certain member associations. This latest saga concerning Tractorsazi and Esteghlal’s Champions League home venue, we can only detect an external ploy against us.

It is time you were held accountable to Asian Football fans for once and all. We are asking you to respond to the simple question of our veteran journalists, which is ours as well, in a transparent manner. Why have you not taken into account the 30th January 2018 letter of the Iranian football federation in which they introduced Qatar as the host venue for Tractorsazi and Esteghlal?

Why have you chosen to ignore that letter and forced Oman as the host venue to our clubs three days after the receipt of the Iranian federation’s 30th January letter advising you that Qatar would be hosting our clubs’ home matches?

You should be serving Asian football and hundreds of millions of Fans across the continent. We are holding you to account. We demand an answer to our question. You are treating your member associations differently. Saudi clubs have been given the chance to choose their venues while you are forcing a venue to our clubs.

And last, but not least, for the sake of credibility of the Asian Football Confederation, you need to revisit your decision of March 2016 with respect to matches involving Saudi and Iranian football sides and allow those matches at club and national level to take place in Iran and Saudi Arabia.

We are tired of seeing politics interfering with our beloved game across Asia, and especially in our corner of the continent. Far from trying to act in a manner to ensure all are treated equally in Asia, your actions of the past few years and in specific the last week have only strengthened our suspicions of how politics interfere with the running of football in Asia.

We demand an answer. Your silence with regards to the 30th January letter of our federation is an admittance of guilt that you conspired with other parties to force a neutral venue onto our clubs We look forward to you breaking your silence regarding the above and respecting fans of Asian football whose passion you promote to generate sponsorship dollars.

Kamran Delan Webmaster – Persianfootball.com E-Mail: webmaster@persianfootball.com On behalf of Iranian Football Fans
    http://www.persianfootball.com/news/...-match-venues/
    Last edited by webmaster; 02-07-2018, 08:18 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________
    We accept the reality of the world with which we are presented

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

is a great letter, but if i was IFF, i would just withdraw all together from asian champions league.

Comment

^ never go down without a fight, first they take our clubs' places, and then our national teams. We can shame them in the world and that would be the very least we could do. What are you doing for it personally? if nothing just support my efforts and share it as many times as you can. I appreciate it.
      Last edited by webmaster; 02-07-2018, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Perfecto mundo. Muchas gracias.

Comment

Originally posted by ehsan singapore View Post
          is a great letter, but if i was IFF, i would just withdraw all together from asian champions league.
          As much as I like the passion in this letter, I dont know why fans, journalists and people on the street need to fight IFFs battle???!! Its simple, IFF needs to get their illiterate act together, hire lawyer, go to FIFA and protest this shit and withdraw based on general principal. IFF is retarded and AFC knows this, thats why they walk all over us!!! IFF( and IRan in general ) is run by complete and absolute morons! I mean for god sakes have you seen some of the letters they write to FIFA and AFC, complete kindergarten level !! Would you take anyone serious if they wrote an official letter to you at KG level??!!!

Comment

^ I guess you are missing the point yourself.. right? I wrote this KG level OPEN letter for the whole world to see as I know these mofos at AFC would not do shit, but you rather be quiet? OK, thanks for your valuable input like most Iranians do. they don't do anything and also want people who actually want to do something to stop because THEY THINK it is a waste of time,, so what is doing nothing? not a waste of time?? .., OK you just continue bending over and do nothing, but don't think you get an award for your post. Perhaps you could enlighten me and write a university level letter instead and send it too sir..
            Last edited by webmaster; 02-08-2018, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
              ^ I guess you are missing the point yourself.. right? I wrote this KG level OPEN letter for the whole world to see as I know these mofos at AFC would not do shit, but you rather be quiet? OK, thanks for your valuable input like most Iranians do. they don't do anything and also want people who actually want to do something to stop because THEY THINK it is a waste of time,, so what is doing nothing? not a waste of time?? .., OK you just continue bending over and do nothing, but don't think you get an award for your post. Perhaps you could enlighten me and write a university level letter instead and send it too sir..
              I believe eerooni mentioned the letters IFF has previously sent out is kindergarten level. He wasn't saying your letter is kindergarten level.

In my opinion both of you have valid points. IFF is letting AFC walk all over them. They refuse to understand how to play the game, and that the world is not fair and unless you fight for something, you aren't going to get what you want. It's passionate individuals such as yourself that are filling in and doing their work for them.

Comment

Originally posted by eerooni View Post
                As much as I like the passion in this letter, I dont know why fans, journalists and people on the street need to fight IFFs battle???!! Its simple, IFF needs to get their illiterate act together, hire lawyer, go to FIFA and protest this shit and withdraw based on general principal. IFF is retarded and AFC knows this, thats why they walk all over us!!! IFF( and IRan in general ) is run by complete and absolute morons! I mean for god sakes have you seen some of the letters they write to FIFA and AFC, complete kindergarten level !! Would you take anyone serious if they wrote an official letter to you at KG level??!!!
                They did everything you're talking about. They hired Swiss lawyers. It doesn't matter because Saudi simply overrides all decision as they have bought everyone on the AFC executive committee.

AFC needs to be exposed and shamed publicly.

Comment

Damet garm Kamran khan. A great letter that I hope gains some traction. Do you know any international journalists who would be willing to at least retweet this?

Comment

^ Thanks. yes, soon it will be internationally reflected and posted by some who have good influence. (I can't name them now and waiting for their reaction now). My last one was published by all media in Iran. I am doing the best I can, it is better than being silent IMO.
                    Last edited by webmaster; 02-08-2018, 01:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by webmaster View Post
                      ^ Thanks. yes, soon it will be internationally reflected and posted by some who have good influence. (I can't name them now and waiting for their reaction now). My last one was published by all media in Iran. I am doing the best I can, it is better than being silent IMO.
                      Keep fighting the good fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                        They did everything you're talking about. They hired Swiss lawyers. It doesn't matter because Saudi simply overrides all decision as they have bought everyone on the AFC executive committee.
                        AFC needs to be exposed and shamed publicly.
                        I agree with you 100%. Soon every Tom, Dick and Harry in World Football [apart from Iran and Qatar ofcourse] will be on the paycheck of Adel Mohammed Ezzat.

The same goes for politicians and business giants all will be on the paycheck of Mohammed Salman. The Saudi money only lasts until their oil reserves runs out and that day is not far away.
                        Last edited by Rooyintan; 02-08-2018, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X