Steven Beitashour @ Los Angeles FC | 2018/19 - Page 11

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Beitashour @ Los Angeles FC | 2018/19

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks

Meet your Persian Love Today
    I think CQ invited him as a backup for Milad...
    Unofficial Worldcup Anthem For Iran by me
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kidmo For This Useful Post:

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,735 Times in 1,880 Posts
    He's been playing left back lately and actually playing it well. I think if he has a good camp he should get picked up as the backup to Milad.

Here's my halfback rankings

-Milad Mohammadi
    - Vouria Ghafouri/Ramin Rezaeian
    - Beitashour
    - Ansari
    -Aghaei
    -Khanzadeh

I consider Noorafkan as a CDM and I think he will fight it out with Abdollazadeh for a spot.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Iranianarsenal11 For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,981 Times in 6,275 Posts
    delete post please. wrong thread.

Forum Staff
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,584 Times in 3,897 Posts
    Steven’s latest comments on being back in TM:

- I’ve been working my tail off these last 4 years to get back into TM
    - I know they (TM staff) have been watching me because they have been in constant contact with me
    - I’m thrilled to be in the 35 man roster but I know there’s a lot of work left to do
    - They (TM staff) haven’t seen me up close in 4 years so I have to show them how I’ve evolved and gotten better

Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

7. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Ghermez Agha For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,326 Times in 5,267 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
    He's been playing left back lately and actually playing it well. I think if he has a good camp he should get picked up as the backup to Milad.

Here's my halfback rankings

-Milad Mohammadi
    - Vouria Ghafouri/Ramin Rezaeian
    - Beitashour
    - Ansari
    -Aghaei
    -Khanzadeh

I consider Noorafkan as a CDM and I think he will fight it out with Abdollazadeh for a spot.
    hum..!! that may well be, biggest reason he cracked into the final 35 list..!!? besides our obvious starter Milmo, we are pretty much void of any decent back up LB options including Beita ..!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BacheLot For This Useful Post:

V.I.P.
    ReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,326 Times in 5,267 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokhodi View Post
    He needs to make an effort and try to befriend a few of the players this time. Last time he and Davari kept to themselves and didn't step out of their comfort zone.
    he also had a pretty cocky attitude in general back then, from his recent comment it seems that the wc benching and no call up in 4 years has humbled him and brought him back to earth..!!
    he shouldnt have too much a challenge trying to beat Aghaei but highly doubt he can cut the 23 traveling team as a Rwb..!

PFDC Valedictorian
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,580 Times in 1,168 Posts
    LAFC's Steven Beitashour ready for his 2018 World Cup opportunity with Iran

LOS ANGELES – As the football world waited for federations to post the much-anticipated preliminary rosters for the 2018 World Cup before the May 15 deadline, LAFC defender Steven Beitashour knew he had more than a decent shot of being called up.

“I’ve talked to them before and it sounded like I will be on that list,” the Iranian-American player smiled and told reporters in the locker room following the club’s 2-2 draw with NYCFC Sunday night. “But obviously you have to wait until its officially announced [before you can say anything].”

Even as few pundits expected Beitashour would get the nod for this World Cup, the club confirmed his preliminary Iran call-up on Monday morning along with Egyptian Omar Gaber, Mexican Carlos Vela and Costa Rica’s Marco Ureña with a call for Belgium’s Laurent Ciman expected to follow.

“I’ve been working my tail off for four years to get called back in,” said Beitashour, who last suited up for Iran during the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.

The California native is the son of immigrant parents who came to the United States in the 1960s from Iran and told reporters during preseason that he has remained in close contact with the Iranian FA throughout his moves from Vancouver to Toronto to Los Angeles.

“I know they were watching the whole time because they’ve been keeping in contact with me,” the defender said of his communication with the FFIRI. “[Iran’s national team said] ‘Keep doing what you’re doing, we’re watching every game, you’re doing really well.’”

Beitashour’s well-known defensive acumen, first at Vancouver and then Toronto, was what originally caught the attention of Iran coach Carlos Queiroz but the player who began his career with his hometown San Jose feels what he provides going forward doesn’t hurt.

“I think that people realize how much I attack if you just look at my assist record,” he said. “You gotta be smart and then when you do go forward, you’ve got to be productive.”

The outside back earned a point for the Black-and-Gold against FC Dallas last week with a first-half strike and has 33 career assists in his nine seasons in MLS and has already notched three in just 10 games this year for LAFC, where he’s started all of the expansion club’s matches.

“I’m very excited and thrilled to be on that 35-man roster but I know there is still a lot of work to be done,” said Beitashour, who is well aware that having his name on the preliminary roster does not guarantee a trip to Russia, to say nothing of game time in the tournament.

Like their teammate in the Iran squad, LAFC other World Cup candidates will look to impress during camp for their chance at what their manager Bob Bradley considers to be peak experience for players.

“When that happens, for guys to get opportunities with their national team, it’s important,” said Bradley, who along with GM John Thorrington have repeatedly expressed their support for LAFC players called into international duty. “It shows that things are going in the right direction and there is no bigger deal for a player than getting a chance to play in a World Cup.”

More than anything, that’s what Beitashour is hoping to experience for himself. The defender was an unused substitute during Iran’s three 2014 World Cup matches in Brazil but remains optimistic his two MLS Cup appearances in 2016 and 2017, along with a strong start to 2018, can do a lot to resolve that.

“They haven’t seen me up close and personal in four years, so I have to show them how I’ve changed and evolved and gotten better,” said Beitashour. “Hopefully you get onto that 23-man roster and then ideally you’re playing and not just there.”

12. The Following User Says Thank You to diz For This Useful Post:

Persepolis Fan
    ReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 8,868 Times in 4,527 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kidmo View Post
    I think CQ invited him as a backup for Milad...
    Oh my God, I completely missed that he plays LB now! Then this is fantastic news!

Initially I thought CQ picked him to actually compete for the RB spot, or to push Ghafouri get in better shape than League Bartar. I haven't been following Beitashour, but after reading this I'm content. I now have little worries for the backup LB spot

14. The Following User Says Thank You to teammelli91 For This Useful Post:

Persepolis Fan
    ReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 8,868 Times in 4,527 Posts
    Welcome back Mehrdad Beitashour!

You are no longer Esteev.. For the time being that is

16. The Following User Says Thank You to teammelli91 For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,609 Times in 514 Posts
    Wow LAFC apparently has 4 players selected on provisional World Cup squads. Iran, Egypt, Costa Rica, and Mexico.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PrinceAli For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 165

You do not have permission to view the list of names.