No announcement yet.

Steven Beitashour @ Los Angeles FC | 2018/19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estevie sticking to Zlatan like glue every time he makes a run to his left! Estevie boy for TM!!!!
    Team Meli Iran
    Perspolis FC
    Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

I wish he was more confident taking players on 1v1, and putting in crosses in first time.

Comment

Steven was awesome last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagg10 View Post
          I wish he was more confident taking players on 1v1, and putting in crosses in first time.
          I think he is one if the best at doing those things in mls.

Sent from my Google device using Tapatalk
          Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by O-ZoNe View Post
            I think he is one if the best at doing those things in mls.

I know he can do it. He just looked a little hesitant against the Galaxy.

Comment

Toronto hasn't fully recovered from Beitashour's departure. The difference between this season and last season is night and day.

Comment

I was at the game today. Beitashur is solid. Finished thebganeneith an injury and got subbed off
                WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Apparently LAFC making some farsi shirts for beitashour idk if they will actually be wearing them in match
                  https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn6r9c_F...-by=mazjobrani

Comment

Iranian fans in the Bay Area held Iranian Heritage Night for Beitashour when he played for the San Jose Earthquakes vs Chicago Fire in 2012. He has always had a huge fanbase of Iranians at every club he joined.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4ttwk6TWng
                    twitter.com/ideannakhjavani

Comment

TFC with Beita easily defeated Tigres...a supposedly better TFC without Beita is losing the Campeones cup to a weaker Tigres 3-0. Beita is one of rhe best Iranian defenders and most underrated player IMO. CQ and co. did not give this guy a fair shake!

Remember RESPECT BEGETS RESPECT & Zob Ahan

Comment

Originally posted by iranghahreman View Post
                        Apparently LAFC making some farsi shirts for beitashour idk if they will actually be wearing them in match
                        https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn6r9c_F...-by=mazjobrani
                        I hope they sell these. They look nice

Comment

Beitashour reposted Maz Jobrani's photo: Persian pride is activated in this guy finally
                          @Anyone of us in LA: You can buy the Farsi shirts at the Banc of California Stadium

I really wanna see this guy play for TM again, at least in friendlies or to be included in the roster at Asian Cup 2019

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spOc_9ZhshU Will Ferrel & Stevie B on the late show with James Corden

Comment

"LAFC Co-Owner Will Ferrell Announces Former Aztec Soccer Player Expecting Baby With Wife"

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loc...494327111.html

"LAFC benefiting from the 'Beitashour Effect'

Steven Beitashour’s MLS resume includes stops in four cities in two countries, meaning he’s played for as many teams as he’s scored goals during a nine-year career.

But the defender, now with the Los Angeles Football Club, left his mark on all four teams in another way: by turning them into winners.

As an MLS rookie he joined a San Jose Earthquakes team coming off two straight losing seasons. Three years later, the Quakes set franchise records for wins and points while reaching the playoff quarterfinals.

He next moved to Vancouver, which had made the playoffs just once. In Beitashour’s two seasons there, the Whitecaps reached 50 points in successive seasons, advanced to the conference semifinals and won a Canadian championship. Then he signed with Toronto, a team that had gone nine seasons without a winning record. In his two years there, Beitashour helped Toronto to two MLS Cup finals, a league-record 69-point season in 2017 and the only treble — an MLS title, a domestic cup win and a Supporters’ Shield — in league history.

None of those teams finished with a winning record the year after Beitashour left.

“One guy called it ‘the Beitashour Effect,’” he said with a chuckle.

That might be the best way to describe Beitashour’s Midas touch, which is now turning LAFC’s first season to gold. Heading into Saturday’s road match with the lowly Chicago Fire, his fourth team is on pace to finish with the best record of any MLS expansion club.

Beitashour has been a big reason why, anchoring the defense at right back by playing more minutes and making as many starts as any field player other than midfielder Benny Feilhaber.

“He’s an intelligent player. He reads situations well,” coach Bob Bradley said. “Steve came here knowing that he had played an important role in Toronto and maybe not everyone around the league recognized that.

“He came here to show everybody that he’s a very good player.”

It’s that last element — the desire to prove himself — that has been driving Beitashour for most of his career. While he has universally been seen as one of the best fullbacks in the league, he’s also changed teams three times in the last five years.

“I had great excuses to take the chip off my shoulder after last year. But then, sure enough, I find plenty of reasons,” said Beitashour, who has been forced to change teams every time his contract expires. “Toronto doesn’t want to pay me to keep me. That’s more chips to put on the shoulder.”

Beitashour’s base salary has grown from $49,612 in 2013, his final season in San Jose, to $275,000 this year, according to the MLS players union. But he doesn’t believe that increase in salary matches his experience and contributions over the last five years, especially since LAFC had nine contracts larger than Beitashour’s this season.

“A team is paying you to do a job. And if you do it well and they want to keep you, they give you an increase. If they don’t, they’ll bring someone else in,” he said with a shrug.

This is the time of year where Beitashour, 31, really proves his worth. With a postseason berth all but guaranteed, Bradley’s challenge will be to keep a young LAFC team with little MLS playoff experience focused over the final five weeks of the regular season. Beitashour, whose 15 postseason games lead the team, will be instrumental in that.

“Experience always helps. Experience of being on a good team and knowing how little things at the end of the season count for more,” Bradley said. “Those are areas where Steve is very important for us.”"

http://www.latimes.com/sports/soccer...928-story.html

Comment

https://twitter.com/Sbeita33/status/1053054429476188160

I think we underestimate the amount of love Beitashour has for his Persian pride, his heritage and the glory he still keeps from playing with Team Melli, even for a couple of years. Myself living in California and being surrounded with so much commotion over MLS and the abundance of international players it now has, NO other club has done something like this for their players, let alone the only Iranian in the country's professional league. Say what you want about the "Arabic-esque" font, but look at the guy's intentions, he most definitely didn't know any better. The shirt was his idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X