Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Gillingham's good form means the likes of Liam Nash and Navid Nasseri must be patient

Navid Nasseri and Liam Nash have yet to play for Gillingham this season but boss Steve Lovell had told the pair to stay positive.

Striker Nash was left out of the squad completely at Walsall while midfielder Nasseri was an unused sub once again.

Lovell is unwilling to change a team that have started the season in a positive manner which means those on the fringes are having to stay patient.

“I have had a chat with them,” said the Gills boss.

“Their argument is ‘I have done well through pre-season’ and they have, but so have another 20 players. You can only keep 11 happy."

“Like I said to them, keep yourself going because you never know in football when you are called upon and needed, you have to be right to take that place and go in and who knows?

“It might be Wednesday, they could get a call, on they go and if they make things happen you are in the team. If they do well they stay in and that is why we haven’t changed the team too much from the start of the season.

“Just because we lost on Saturday doesn’t mean we are going to make wholesale changes, that doesn’t do anything. If they hadn’t done well, hadn’t looked as though they knew what they were doing, yes change it, at the moment it is very hard to change anyone.”

Nash and Nasseri are set to be involved at Concord Rangers tonight (Tuesday) with the Gills facing the National League South side in a friendly (kick off 7.45pm).

Those coming off the bench so far have made an impact, with substitute Tom Eaves scoring twice against Burton, Bradley Stevenson impressing at Millwall and Conor Wilkinson doing likewise at Walsall.

“We have got the strength in depth now,” said the manager.

“We have got a decent backing now and those in the team have to make sure they keep the others out and at the moment they are because they are performing very well.”"

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/...lovell-188423/

Comment

Can someone explain why this guy is even worth a mention?

He is a backup for a third division team in England. Good luck to him, but he has a long way to cut it into the Team Melli roster.

Comment

Originally posted by pdot View Post
        Can someone explain why this guy is even worth a mention?

He is a backup for a third division team in England. Good luck to him, but he has a long way to cut it into the Team Melli roster.
        Sure, here's a few reasons why:

- He's very young (just turned 22)
        - His team has a decent chance to promote to the EFL Championship
        - He's actually a good player if you look at his stats, such as goals/assists per minute

Again, he's still very young and only in the 3rd division, which isn't as bad of a league as you think (same level as Finnish league I'd say)

Let's not forget Jamie Vardy was playing in the 6th tier of English Football when he was 26 and look at him now.

Comment

Originally posted by Iranianarsenal11 View Post
          Sure, here's a few reasons why:

- He's very young (just turned 22)
          - His team has a decent chance to promote to the EFL Championship
          - He's actually a good player if you look at his stats, such as goals/assists per minute

Again, he's still very young and only in the 3rd division, which isn't as bad of a league as you think (same level as Finnish league I'd say)

Let's not forget Jamie Vardy was playing in the 6th tier of English Football when he was 26 and look at him now.
          His stats on wikipedia don't show him to be any good. Total of 30 appearances and 3 total goals.

Also he was signed after having a trial for Gillingham.

I don't see much in any of this to be impressed for this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by pdot View Post
            His stats on wikipedia don't show him to be any good. Total of 30 appearances and 3 total goals.

Also he was signed after having a trial for Gillingham.

I don't see much in any of this to be impressed for this guy.
            Well no one's saying he's the next Messi lol, but lets remember, he's only a left midfielder, not a striker. Literally plays the same position Amiri plays. We can't expect him to consistently bang in goals...

He scored and assisted 4 goals in 25 appearances in the Swedish Superettan in 2016, which isn't impressive but it isn't awful either, especially since he was only 19 at the time.

He's said to have impressed Gillingham FC so far in the preseason, as he's scored and assisted in many of their friendly matches. Let's monitor him and see if he keeps pishrafting!

Comment

https://twitter.com/TheGillsFC/statu...83281583419392

Comment

Gillingham lost 4-1 to Sunderland (Did not know they played in League 1!!!) yesterday.

Comment

Navid featured for Gillingham in the Kent Senior Cup vs Welling on Tuesday:

*He played the full 90 mins.

"Navid Nasseri, an unused substitute at the weekend, was also starting in a team that was otherwise made of of the club’s youngsters."

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/...ogress-189598/

Rochdale 3:0 Gillingham FT

*Navid started on the bench and was subbed in on the 71st min.

Comment

Update on Navid. He recently extended his contract with Northern Irish premiership club, Glentoran F.C.

"Navid Nasseri agrees contract extensions with Glentoran

Glentoran have been boosted by the news that Paul O'Neill and Navid Nasseri have agreed contract extensions with the club.

Both players have played a key role in the Glens success so far this term, and Head Coach Mick McDermott is delighted to have tied them down to new deals.

"Navid agreed a short-term contract a couple of months ago. Now, after being here and seeing what Glentoran has to offer - the squad, the fan support and the project – he very readily agreed to extend his contract.

"He has brought an increased level quality and professionalism to our squad and I look forward to him entertaining our fans for the near future. Navid’s desire is to play European football and that merged with our plans. We are also very happy to get this deal extended."

Nasseri also feels the club is heading in the right direction.

“When I first came here at the start of October till the end of December to give me and the club a chance to get to know each other," he said.

"But I’ve loved it since the day I arrived, and I really want to play a part in the project and in the club’s progress.

"I feel I’ve settled very well into the squad and I love the level of professionalism and ambition around the club.

"It feels like a club really going in the right direction, I’m enjoying the matches and the training, the support is great and so I’m really looking forward to contributing as much as I can over the next period.”"

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/sport/f...oran-1-9160302

Comment

"Nasseri earns Glens three points

Glentoran midfielder Navid Nasseri scores the only goal of a scrappy game to earn the east Belfast outfit an away win over Carrick Rangers.

Nasseri hammered home the rebound after Carrick keeper Aaron Hogg had saved an initial shot from Hrvoje Plum in the 74th minute.

Both sides had chances to open the scoring, with Carrick striker Guilliame Keke having an effort blocked and Glens forward Robbie McDaid firing just over the crossbar from distance."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/av/football/50880812

*Goal at min 4:20min*

Comment

Thank you for the updates.

According to https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/navi...spieler/314400 he has 2 goals and 6 assists in 12 games.

Comment

Scored two goals yesterday
                          https://www.instagram.com/p/B86tFgPA-Ui/

S - E - C - U - L - A - R - I - S - M

Comment

More Goals/Assists/Dribbling: https://twitter.com/UnofficialGlens/...50748725542913

Comment

Sorry if this has already been reported in here but just found out that the Glentoran owner is ‘British-Iranian’ and his name is Ali Pour.

Comment

Is their league better than IPL?

Comment

Working...
                                X