Sad to see IranU23 missing in 2018 AFC Championship U23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad to see IranU23 missing in 2018 AFC Championship U23

lack of management in IFF makes us miss such a big tournament. We are the only top asian team who will miss such tournament.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

That's because we have like 5-7 top U23 talents playing on TM at the moment.
    Sardar, JB, Karimi, Torabi, Akhbari, Ezzatollahi, Aghaei all play for TM that are eligible for U23

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
      That's because we have like 5-7 top U23 talents playing on TM at the moment.
      Sardar, JB, Karimi, Torabi, Akhbari, Ezzatollahi, Aghaei all play for TM that are eligible for U23
      but none played for Iran because World Cup was top priority. But we have other talents who are 2nd to those you have listed. But we couldnt even win over Oman.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JUKabP3zTI

Comment

Just a fun update:

Saudi just lost their 3rd match against Malaysia and finished last in their group lol
        The group also had Iraq and Jordan in it.
        Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by DJPedram View Post
          lack of management in IFF makes us miss such a big tournament. We are the only top asian team who will miss such tournament.
          actually for once IFF did something right this time. they sent our U21 team (which will be the Olympic team in 2 years) instead of sending the U23 team for a meaningless tournament. I think it is better that our U21 team got eliminated playing opposition 2 years older than if our U23 team made a meaningless tournament which has no implications on anything. I am sure the U21 team gained a lot of experience even from their elimination and will have a much better chance of making the olympics than last time (when we lost to Japan).

Comment

The main thing is ... right now, there is no TM Omid. Peyrovani was dismissed it seems and IFF hasn't decided on a new coach.
            The Asian Games will start in 9 months and TM Omid hasn't trained together for 6 months!

Comment

Originally posted by 04041374 View Post
              The main thing is ... right now, there is no TM Omid. Peyrovani was dismissed it seems and IFF hasn't decided on a new coach.
              The Asian Games will start in 9 months and TM Omid hasn't trained together for 6 months!
              Same cycle as always.
              I can't wait for the same old rants from our fans and federation.

Comment

If you think TM senior is managed bad, our youth teams are simply neglected to the bone.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                  If you think TM senior is managed bad, our youth teams are simply neglected to the bone.
                  Specially when you know your U23 team prior 2016 Olympic was managed by Mayeli Kohan. It was beyond neglect. And then you look back and see how many awesome players we could have in that team Azmoun, Ezatollahi, Torabi, Beiro, Akhbari, Milmo, JB, Alipour, Barzay, ...

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                    Specially when you know your U23 team prior 2016 Olympic was managed by Mayeli Kohan. It was beyond neglect. And then you look back and see how many awesome players we could have in that team Azmoun, Ezatollahi, Torabi, Beiro, Akhbari, Milmo, JB, Alipour, Barzay, ...
                    Every time its been like that:
                    92 we had Azizi, Golmohammadi, Shahroudi, Bagheri...
                    96 we had Mahdavikia, Yazdani, Pashazadeh,
                    2000 we had Mahdavikia (again), Karimi,
                    2004 we had Navidkia, Borhani, Mobali, Kazemian, ...

We've always had talented squads, but they just don't have the necessary cohesion, because until even 2 years ago most clubs wouldn't release good young players, or wouldn't play them at all. It was a drought or flood.

Comment

I'm convinced the AFC were trolling us when they handed the IFF an award.

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
                        Just a fun update:

Saudi just lost their 3rd match against Malaysia and finished last in their group lol
                        The group also had Iraq and Jordan in it.
                        LOL 8-0ers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

Working...
                        X