Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we ever produce a "Salah" level talent ?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kastro View Post
    It's not easy to make it to the top in Europe. You need to the right mix of talent, dedication and opportunity. Even then, it isn't guaranteed. We've produced more technically gifted players than Salah who did well in Europe but didn't reach his heights. I'd like to see a player like Azmoun get an opportunity in a stronger league to see how he deals with it. Staying in Russia stagnates a player's progress.

While the media is focused on Mohamed Salah, all the attention in Egypt is on Salah Mohsen (19 year old striker with Salah-like pace). He just rejected Borussia Dortmund, Marseille, and a few other European clubs in favour of signing for Ahly breaking the record transfer fee between Egyptian clubs in the process. He's considered potentially to be the best striker we've ever produced. Producing players for some countries isn't an issue.

The point koorosh was making about individuals would apply to countries Gabon (Aubamayang), Guinea (Keita), Armenia (Mkhitaryan). They produce one good player every generation which isn't enough on the international stage - hence their NTs being completely irrelevant in their confederations.
    i have seen little of him since Al Badri don't use him much, just start in last matches to give him some minutes and he have been in starting eleven only in last 2 matches, his touch of ball show he "have football on his feet", now the most difficults tart for him, assume his talent and step up... that's most important period of our promisIng players, we lose many in that period from youth teams to first teams.. they get lazy, not good style of life, start heve big heads, think they already stars.... till it's too late!

i hope now al Ahly almost secure the title, Badri will give him more opportunities even at Azaro place, i think Badri too stubborn to change his system to play clearly with 2 forwards but who knows?!
    elBadri should also think little about National team too(now titled is in pockets) and not 100% only about El Ahli since it's about world cup and about one of most promising forwards egypt ever had as you said, most expensive too... unfortunatelly not all our clubs give chances to youth, in Morocco lately they start oblige clubs have at least 6 players U20 in first team(25 players)and give them i think at least 10 matches a year if not more and depending on how clubs do, they are rewarded every year on results, how many youngster they produced,... or they can have less support if they don't respect deal with federation or don't giv chances to youth...
    well, good luck to Salah mohsen, for me he is less fast than Salah and better technically but he need what Salah have, self confidence and hard hard very hard working and woorking and it's what really matters in everything, he is still young so hope is there... it's up to him and only him like Salah did, not many can stay training 8 hours per day like Salah did to be where he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Jadou View Post
      i have seen little of him since Al Badri don't use him much, just start in last matches to give him some minutes and he have been in starting eleven only in last 2 matches, his touch of ball show he "have football on his feet", now the most difficults tart for him, assume his talent and step up... that's most important period of our promisIng players, we lose many in that period from youth teams to first teams.. they get lazy, not good style of life, start heve big heads, think they already stars.... till it's too late!
      i hope now al Ahly almost secure the title, Badri will give him more opportunities even at Azaro place, i think Badri too stubborn to change his system to play clearly with 2 forwards but who knows?!
      elBadri should also think little about National team too(now titled is in pockets) and not 100% only about El Ahli since it's about world cup and about one of most promising forwards egypt ever had as you said, most expensive too... unfortunatelly not all our clubs give chances to youth, in Morocco lately they start oblige clubs have at least 6 players U20 in first team(25 players)and give them i think at least 10 matches a year if not more and depending on how clubs do, they are rewarded every year on results, how many youngster they produced,... or they can have less support if they don't respect deal with federation or don't giv chances to youth...
      well, good luck to Salah mohsen, for me he is less fast than Salah and better technically but he need what Salah have, self confidence and hard hard very hard working and woorking and it's what really matters in everything, he is still young so hope is there... it's up to him and only him like Salah did, not many can stay training 8 hours per day like Salah did to be where he is.
      I just wish he had opted for Europe rather than signing for the biggest club in Egypt at 19 years of age. Dortmund or Marseille would have both been better options in my opinion. If he develops well at Ahly, I have no doubt they will try to block potential European moves like they've done so often with many players in the past. Hopefully with the economy in Egypt being crap, they will be more prone to selling like they did with Hegazi. He has enormous potential to be a top striker in Europe one day if he has the drive and commitment that players like Aboutrika and Salah have.

What will Morocco's starting 11 be in your opinion? Btw I've seen Azaro play a few times and he's definitely a quality striker. I can see him joining a top European league soon - surely he'll be part of your WC squad?

Comment

The question is about "talent". So the answer is easy - a big fat YES and even beyond. We constantly produce talents even better than likes of Salah. Now if we talk about actual success its a whole new topic...
        Formerly known as Persianking!
        Follow me @
        instagram/iranscout
        instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Originally posted by Nariman View Post
          The question is about "talent". So the answer is easy - a big fat YES and even beyond. We constantly produce talents even better than likes of Salah. Now if we talk about actual success its a whole new topic...
          We really really don't.

It's been over a decade since we had a relevant, successful player in a top 4 league.

Comment

\

Good to have you back!

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
              We really really don't.

It's been over a decade since we had a relevant, successful player in a top 4 league.
              The only Iranian player I've seen with world class raw talent is Karimi. You could see his talent even when he still was a kid.. I very much doubt there has been any player in the mean time that has shown this amount of talent, so therefore I can conclude that we haven't had anybody that talented.

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
                We really really don't.
                The bold part is the difference here!

As I said:
                Now if we talk about actual success its a whole new topic...
                Talent and success are two different topics. Your thread title however says "talent", hence my answer. Talent means nothing, especially in football each year it becomes less important. If you don't work on it, it's useless. A Messi growing up in Iran would have never ever achieved half of what he is now.

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                \
                Good to have you back!
                Good to see you are still around bro., hamishe lotf dashti
                Formerly known as Persianking!
                Follow me @
                instagram/iranscout
                instagram/nariman_iranscout

Comment

Originally posted by kastro View Post
                  I just wish he had opted for Europe rather than signing for the biggest club in Egypt at 19 years of age. Dortmund or Marseille would have both been better options in my opinion. If he develops well at Ahly, I have no doubt they will try to block potential European moves like they've done so often with many players in the past. Hopefully with the economy in Egypt being crap, they will be more prone to selling like they did with Hegazi. He has enormous potential to be a top striker in Europe one day if he has the drive and commitment that players like Aboutrika and Salah have.
                  What will Morocco's starting 11 be in your opinion? Btw I've seen Azaro play a few times and he's definitely a quality striker. I can see him joining a top European league soon - surely he'll be part of your WC squad?
                  My starting 11 (4-4-2)

Mhamdi/Bounou

Dirar Benatia Saiss Mendyl/Jbira
                  ahmadi
                  Harit Bousouffa Ziyech
                  El Kaabi Bencharki/Azaro

but i don't think it's possible,H.R knows better, H.R play with only one striker and there are 7/8 that have very different profils but we can't say one of them is much better,they are "ok" strikers, none of them is a "woow" striker. for H.R, actual number one is Boutaib. Azaro is not sure to be in Russia, we will see if he is called for this month matchs and if he impress H.R, he only started be mentioned after he becomes best striker in egypt with 17 goals, before that he was out of the list, now he just start knock at the door so...!!?

H.Renard 11 against Iran will be probably (4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3)

Mhamdi
                  Dirar Benatia Saiss Mendyl
                  EL ahmadi
                  Belhanda Boussoufa
                  Amrabat Ziyech
                  Boutaib

with Dirar and mendyl making some attacks and help for them from Ziyech and Amrabet in defensive phases...
                  El Ahmadi/Belhanda exchanging posts,
                  boussouffa free to be everywhere,
                  Ziyech and Amrabet turning around Boutaib

Against portugal and spain team might change little i think, changing 1/2 players and also the system and tactics but still keeping H.R "soul", high pressing and fast attacks once get the ball back.

in my eyes and in all matchs i seen Morocco from looong time, we produce our best attacking teams when we played with 2 strikers (4-4-2), i think we need such system because we never had great striker, who could be alone and don't miss too much, we used play well, have too many opportunities but strikers keep missing a lot!!!, but i never believed in Moroccan team like i do now and the reason is the coach and only the coach, we always had good players that rarely played as a team(wc1986), nit surprisingly with H.R, they play as a real team and that their strength.

Comment

Jadou, can you elaborate on the extremely dirty play by your number 10 Belhanda against Netherlands? He kept hacking the opponent players the entire time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
                      Jadou, can you elaborate on the extremely dirty play by your number 10 Belhanda against Netherlands? He kept hacking the opponent players the entire time.

for me Belhanda have no place in Moroccan team, not even in 50 players list but H.R likes him a lot maybe because he is multitasking but whenever Belhanda play, i always expect red card coming, he have short temper and he lost his football long time ago, he can play very well one match and miss 10 matchs, he use walk on boussoufa and Ziyech feet.... most of moroccan fans don't want him to be in the team, he is one of players who got too many chances for years in Moroccan team with all coaches but always disapointed us.
                      he is from my native city and i know him personally but i don't want him be in moroccan team, in 10 position, i prefer Harit, in 8/6, i prefer Soufian Amrabat, brother of Nordin and he is 21y old or Ait Benacer he is 22 or Salaheddine Assaidi(wac)30y old..Fayçal Fajr 28y.... or ..or.. there is at least 10 players better than Belhanda in all positions he can play and young or old... but there is always in all teams around the world 2/3 players coaches like without you understand why and how comes this can be possible and unfortunatelly Belhanda is one of those for H.R!!! i'm mean and bad.. but i hope he got injuried or something to not be in Russia with the team.

Comment

What are your thoughts on Sofianie Boufal and Amine Harit (he slightly remind me of Ghaedi)? They look like class players from what I’ve seen in their matches, especially Boufal at Lille in 15/16 season.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                          What are your thoughts on Sofianie Boufal and Amine Harit (he slightly remind me of Ghaedi)? They look like class players from what I’ve seen in their matches, especially Boufal at Lille in 15/16 season.
                          Harit is probably the number 10 of Moroccan team for next 10/15 years, he is 20y old and make it to be in starting 11 in schalke and one of most important players, 3goals/3assits, provocate few penalties, last 2 games he was super sub but it's clear the coach count on him a lot and he is protecting/helping him to develop more in right way, his move to schalke was smart move, if he accepted bayern offer, he could spend time on bench for looong time. schalke made great deal buying him 10Millions,they expect multiply at least by 6, even if fans say they don't want him leave for less than 100M$ !! football becomes crazy!!
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3x0ANIPSek

boufal 24y old, he was great with Angers/Lille, this year he is not bad, he always play good matchs, still entertaining but he rarely is in the first eleven, in general he get in last 30/15minutes change rythme of the team, creat some occasions.. he scores 2/assits2 i think, but he is not playing too much, he need a coach who trust him more than actual coach, a lot of southampton fans claim he have to be in first 11, he is their best player but coach decid.. i think he will stay in england but move to better team next year, anyway still he can make it to Russia since H.R know him very well, H.Renard was Lille coach for few months when Boufal was there, actually Boufal is a sub in Moroccan team but he can be in first 11 easy if he get more matchs on his legs and play more for the team..

amazing goal here :
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCWMDjapZnA

Harit is good dribbler too but he is younger, stronger, and already better team player than Boufal from all matchs i seen from both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jadou View Post
                            Harit is probably the number 10 of Moroccan team for next 10/15 years, he is 20y old and make it to be in starting 11 in schalke and one of most important players, 3goals/3assits, provocate few penalties, last 2 games he was super sub but it's clear the coach count on him a lot and he is protecting/helping him to develop more in right way, his move to schalke was smart move, if he accepted bayern offer, he could spend time on bench for looong time. schalke made great deal buying him 10Millions,they expect multiply at least by 6, even if fans say they don't want him leave for less than 100M$ !! football becomes crazy!!
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3x0ANIPSek

boufal 24y old, he was great with Angers/Lille, this year he is not bad, he always play good matchs, still entertaining but he rarely is in the first eleven, in general he get in last 30/15minutes change rythme of the team, creat some occasions.. he scores 2/assits2 i think, but he is not playing too much, he need a coach who trust him more than actual coach, a lot of southampton fans claim he have to be in first 11, he is their best player but coach decid.. i think he will stay in england but move to better team next year, anyway still he can make it to Russia since H.R know him very well, H.Renard was Lille coach for few months when Boufal was there, actually Boufal is a sub in Moroccan team but he can be in first 11 easy if he get more matchs on his legs and play more for the team..

amazing goal here :
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCWMDjapZnA

Harit is good dribbler too but he is younger, stronger, and already better team player than Boufal from all matchs i seen from both of them.
                            agreed. Boufal is too inconsistent and doesnt do any defensive work. But the games hes on, he can produce brilliance. Harit does more for the team, but is also fantastic individually.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                              agreed. Boufal is too inconsistent and doesnt do any defensive work. But the games hes on, he can produce brilliance. Harit does more for the team, but is also fantastic individually.
                              I feel Boufal was ripped off with joining Southampton, he had a good chance once Puel was their but he joined our Leicester and this new coach is kind of shaky. He should be loaned to a club where he gets play time, he doesn't link up well with Southampton FC players atm.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoorad View Post
                                I feel Boufal was ripped off with joining Southampton, he had a good chance once Puel was their but he joined our Leicester and this new coach is kind of shaky. He should be loaned to a club where he gets play time, he doesn't link up well with Southampton FC players atm.
                                yeah despite his weak points he should still be starting in southampton. He deserves a consistent run of matches

Comment

Working...
                                X