Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we ever produce a "Salah" level talent ?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it really depends on a lot of factors:
    1) right talent
    2) right mentality
    3) right coach
    4) right environment
    5) luck

if the likes of ali karimi, khodad azizi, mojahed khaziravi, mehdi mahdavikia had a coach like klopp and played in any european team from a younger age, there is a chance they could become a super star too.

so my question to u guys:

1) u think if salah was in persian league, he would have become the salah he is today??? can the likes of mazloumi, estili and kamalvand make salah who he is today?
    2) will salah be successful in another team in the near future where there are bigger stars, the coach is different, the team atmosphere is different? schevchenko couldnt do it, kaka couldnt it, zlatan couldnt do it. there is no proof salah can...

so being in the right place in the right time is very important and in iranian football, unfortunately its never in the right place.
    Last edited by yashar_fasihnia; 02-18-2018, 08:32 AM.
    Originally posted by siavasharian
    ESTEGHLAL:

بهترین خط دفاع.بهترین خط حمله.ثبت رکورد بیشترین گل زده.پر امتیاز ترین تیم ادوار لیگ برتر با ۴۰۹ امتیاز.پر افتخار ترین مربی لیگ برتر با دو قهرمانی
    بهترین گلزن لیگ: آرش برهانی [استقلال] با ۲۱ گل زدهبهترین خط حمله: استقلال تهران با ۷۰ گل زده

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion
      This video does not make me like him. I didn't see anything special in this video except desperation against Congo for a team like Egypt which is ridiculous.
      This was their WC qualifier and the game that clinched qualification after TWENTY EIGHT years.

They conded an equalizer in 87th minute and it looked as they had bottled the opportunity....that's why Salah was so devastated and almost crying.

Egypt won the game and qualified with an extra-time penalty a few minutes later.

It's like if for us in Melbourn 1997 at 2-2, Harry Kewell scores the 3rd for Australia in first minute of added time in second half. and then Khodadad goes and makes it 3-3 on 97th minute. THAT level of a drama.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion
        This video does not make me like him. I didn't see anything special in this video except desperation against Congo for a team like Egypt which is ridiculous.
        Really? This is exactly why I love football! And this the power of sport. To take a penalty and having the pressure and heavy legs after 90 min playing... U have to hate arabs really hard...

Originally posted by yashar_fasihnia View Post
        it really depends on a lot of factors:
        1) right talent
        2) right mentality
        3) right coach
        4) right environment
        5) luck

if the likes of ali karimi, khodad azizi, mojahed khaziravi, mehdi mahdavikia had a coach like klopp and played in any european team from a younger age, there is a chance they could become a super star too.

so my question to u guys:

1) u think if salah was in persian league, he would have become the salah he is today??? can the likes of mazloumi, estili and kamalvand make salah who he is today?
        2) will salah be successful in another team in the near future where there are bigger stars, the coach is different, the team atmosphere is different? schevchenko couldnt do it, kaka couldnt it, zlatan couldnt do it. there is no proof salah can...

so being in the right place in the right time is very important and in iranian football, unfortunately its never in the right place.
        Egypt has a really good league! The coaches in egypt are good. Look at their national coaches like Hassan Shehata! He won 3 times the Africa Cup of ynations against big teams!

And yea Salah failed actually at Chelsea but went to Italy and was one of the Stars in no time. So he is a really talented and hard working guy.

I am sure he will have offers for 150Mio+ after this season. So at the moment he is under the TOP5 players
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by elnino99 View Post
          This was their WC qualifier and the game that clinched qualification after TWENTY EIGHT years.

They conded an equalizer in 87th minute and it looked as they had bottled the opportunity....that's why Salah was so devastated and almost crying.

Egypt won the game and qualified with an extra-time penalty a few minutes later.

It's like if for us in Melbourn 1997 at 2-2, Harry Kewell scores the 3rd for Australia in first minute of added time in second half. and then Khodadad goes and makes it 3-3 on 97th minute. THAT level of a drama.
          I get the feeling but if he had scored without PK then it was much better.

As a team Egypt was always bad luck and a choker. It is ridiculous for Egypt to qualify after 20 years despite having one of the strongest African teams.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
            As a team Egypt was always bad luck and a choker. It is ridiculous for Egypt to qualify after 20 years despite having one of the strongest African teams.
            You're right. It's been a combination of choking and extremely bad luck. We should should have definitely qualified much more than we have. Moving forward though this will be consistent as this new generation are much tougher mentally.

For what it's worth, even if Salah has missed that penalty we would have still qualified in the final round. He showed great nerve though. The pressure of this match is all down to the last generation's unacceptable failure.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
              I get the feeling but if he had scored without PK then it was much better.

Do you think the players, coaches, and fans will care that it was a penalty? They were extremely happy to qualify to the WC after such a long time, regardless of circumstances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Twitter and Instagram: @aryo__hadi

ZendebadIran!

Comment

No we can't! Not ever, never ever, just never, not in a million years!! Some say that not only does Salah's shit don't stink, it can also fly!! Like some sort of supershit

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                  Could we not say the best African of all time? The 3 other contenders are probably Drogba, Eto, and Weah so maybe Salah needs a bit more to get to them.

But I will say he is the best Arab footballer of all time.

Where did I say the best African player of all time?......

Comment

We should admire talent development, not merely the talent

This argument is built on a false premise, which is that by producing a player as good as Salah, we have somehow achieved something or reached a certain level.

The fact is that many poor countries with terrible footballing systems have developed players that have lit up the European leagues and the world cup. George Weah could eat Salah for breakfast...but do we want to reach a footballing level of Liberia? Cameroon, Senegal, Ivory Coast, and Nigeria have all produced players better than Salah. Weah won the Fifia world player of the yera and Eto'o has come in 3rd.

So sooner or later, we will produce a player that can surpass Salah but that's just a matter of statistics...someone Iranian may be more talented and get the chance and work hard enough to showcase his talent on a weekly basis. This means not much.

What we want is to continually produce top quality players....look at small countries like the Netherlands or Portugal, or if you want poorer, look at Uruguay, Paraguay, Chile (more recently). These small countries regularly produce multiple players that are top notch.

Salah is just one person. If Egypt was regularly lighting up the European leagues with players at the same level as Salah, then that is evidence that their system works.

We have to look up to the best talent development systems, not the best footballers.

If we had that, we would have already had many Salahs.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                      Where did I say the best African player of all time?......
                      I understand that you did not say that teammelli jan. I was just bringing up the question so I can hear the other member’s opinion on it [emoji4]

Comment

Originally posted by koorosh View Post
                        Cameroon, Senegal, Ivory Coast, and Nigeria have all produced players better than Salah.
                        7 time African champs. We have 2 players that would make an all-time African 11 excluding Salah.

We produce talent plenty.

Comment

Originally posted by kastro View Post
                          7 time African champs. We have 2 players that would make an all-time African 11 excluding Salah.

We produce talent plenty.
                          this is true, iran has as well. But none have shined on the european stage to the extent salah has this season.

Comment

Just want to say Alipour has a similar playing style to Salah.

You never how good he will turn out once he gets his ass to Europe.

Comment

We cant, but sweden did! Saman Ghoddos!

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                                this is true, iran has as well. But none have shined on the european stage to the extent salah has this season.
                                It's not easy to make it to the top in Europe. You need to the right mix of talent, dedication and opportunity. Even then, it isn't guaranteed. We've produced more technically gifted players than Salah who did well in Europe but didn't reach his heights. I'd like to see a player like Azmoun get an opportunity in a stronger league to see how he deals with it. Staying in Russia stagnates a player's progress.

While the media is focused on Mohamed Salah, all the attention in Egypt is on Salah Mohsen (19 year old striker with Salah-like pace). He just rejected Borussia Dortmund, Marseille, and a few other European clubs in favour of signing for Ahly breaking the record transfer fee between Egyptian clubs in the process. He's considered potentially to be the best striker we've ever produced. Producing players for some countries isn't an issue.

The point koorosh was making about individuals would apply to countries Gabon (Aubamayang), Guinea (Keita), Armenia (Mkhitaryan). They produce one good player every generation which isn't enough on the international stage - hence their NTs being completely irrelevant in their confederations.

Comment

Working...
                                X