Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we ever produce a "Salah" level talent ?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We could potentially produce someone like Salah IF and ONLY IF they make the move to a majob club right away.
    Sardar had the potential but that's already gone when he turned down Liverpool.

Comment

Originally posted by naderb94 View Post
      We could potentially produce someone like Salah IF and ONLY IF they make the move to a majob club right away.
      Sardar had the potential but that's already gone when he turned down Liverpool.
      not necessarily. Remember, Salah himself went to a top club and failed initially ( Chelsea), he regained his form at an upper midtable serie A team ( Fiorentina), who even werent on the level of the current Lazio team that is chasing sardar. Then he moved to roma and blossomed, and was ready for another crack at EPL

Comment

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfRR8L5h...=sardar_azmoun

speak of the devil. The kid himself with Klopp

Comment

Originally posted by arash123 View Post
          Whatever the reason, I wouldn't say it is because of nationality or how Iranians "behave in general". I'm sure there were Egyptians who were asking if they could produce an Ali Karimi talent 15 years ago.
          many egyptian friends of mine used to talk crazy about him and still do today, but now they got SALAH to talk about

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
            https://www.instagram.com/p/BfRR8L5h...=sardar_azmoun

speak of the devil. The kid himself with Klopp
            The rumor mill about to go crazy with Sardar to Liverpool all over again! If they sell Sturridge, then I see a possibility

Comment

Azmoun to Liverpool Get a grip ffs.

Even your Karimis and Mahdavikias got nowhere near to what this guy has become. Incredible development and safe to say no one could have seen it coming. On an individual level he's genuinelly operating very close to Messi levels. If he cleans up his general passing and decision-making we're looking at a possible all-time great of the game.

Couple of amusing and slightly relevant links...

https://youtu.be/3GsQ1XzTGFI

https://youtu.be/Xp1hxuQIVvk

Comment

There’s absolutely no doubt that Salah is the best football player from Africa at the moment. He has dominated and man handled EPL clubs with Liverpool and that’s commendable in my book. His statistics are impressive and if I am Saudi Arabia I would make sure to park the bus in the opening match in hopes of getting 1 point. Because there is no saving them from Egypt and this amazing striker. Unless Salah is injured (God forbid for Egypt and our Egyptian friends), not just Saudi Arabia but Russia need to make sure to do their homework.

Comment

As far as this thread is concerned, I don’t think it’s out of the realms of possibility that we can produce a player like Salah.

No disrespect to any of you, but as I’ve said before, many of you jump to conclusion waaaay to soon. You judge a movie by just watching for a few minutes. You don’t realize that although a few of our players (most notably Azmoun) are having a crappy season then there’s no hope left.

You guys forget that there’s a World Cup right around the corner and with the amount of talent that we will be taking and introducing to the world of football (as opposed to the strikers we took to Germany and Brazil), it is very much possible that one performance can transform a player’s life. Especially since we aren’t just going to the World Cup with all of our hopes in a Reza Ghoochannejhad, or an Ali Daei, Arash Borhani, Reza Enayati (Lol). We are on the road to the World Cup and Carlos Queiroz will have a MAJOR headache when it comes to the striker position as opposed to 2006 and 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                    There’s absolutely no doubt that Salah is the best football player from Africa at the moment. He has dominated and man handled EPL clubs with Liverpool and that’s commendable in my book. His statistics are impressive and if I am Saudi Arabia I would make sure to park the bus in the opening match in hopes of getting 1 point. Because there is no saving them from Egypt and this amazing striker. Unless Salah is injured (God forbid for Egypt and our Egyptian friends), not just Saudi Arabia but Russia need to make sure to do their homework.
                    Could we not say the best African of all time? The 3 other contenders are probably Drogba, Eto, and Weah so maybe Salah needs a bit more to get to them.

But I will say he is the best Arab footballer of all time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                      Could we not say the best African of all time? The 3 other contenders are probably Drogba, Eto, and Weah so maybe Salah needs a bit more to get to them.
                      But I will say he is the best Arab footballer of all time.
                      maybe egyptian can agree and even in Egypt you will find some from old generation claiming Mahmoud Al khatib(actual president of club Al Ahly,Egypt) is the best ever... or even who can say Abou trika..
                      so no, i don't agree, too early to say that, Salah is top player for sure and still to come from him i hope but he is not best african or even best Arab of all times, i think it's difficult to say "of all time" for any best player in any generation, there was many players that can deserve such "title" without includ all africa, if we talk only about "arabs", many algerian, many moroccan, few tunisian, few egyptian.. can deserve to be called like that from at least from 50ies of last century to nowadays..
                      so i will say is Salah best player in actual generation or in 21st cetury? my answer still no, because regularity and titles is what can make him deserve such title and Salah only show up seriously little last year and explod this year, he need to keep this level for few years to be in any top list, he is without doubt, the best this year and maybe part of last year but for example the Algerian Mehrez with team like "leicester" not Liverpool and with less strong players, won the premier league, that makes him better i think, he won a title with average team, he makes his team becomes top team (with Kanté)and had big stats too and his level fall only because problems he had wanting to leave leicester and the team don't want let him to go but he is coming back..., Salah have better players around him, no?..
                      he need to win titles and keep that level for years, same for Mehrez or any other players without forgetting other posts defences, goalkeepers.... we should wait until 2025 before judge who is best in that first 25 years of 21 century and to claim of all times? it's impossible i think, every generation will have her word, next one will delete even Messi .. lol... Football is great.. viva football.

Comment

Originally posted by Jadou View Post
                        maybe egyptian can agree and even in Egypt you will find some from old generation claiming Mahmoud Al khatib(actual president of club Al Ahly,Egypt) is the best ever... or even who can say Abou trika.
                        I can comfortably say that Salah has surpassed El Khatib as his international record is second to none. The only player I'd realistically put ahead of Salah is Aboutrika as he was a genius albeit different positions. If he had gone to Europe, he would have no doubt started for a top CL team. He's the main reason we won 3 ACNs in a row and it's a shame he turned down Bayern and Atletico Madrid in 2006 and 2008 in favour of Al Ahly. Salah is very close though and imo will be considered the greatest Egyptian player in time. I support Arsenal so it's unfortunate lol, but what he's currently doing for Livepool is insane.

Comment

Salah or Malah or whatever. We have Ali Karimi aka Tehran wizard. Ali Karimi turned down Atletico Madrid offer when he was 20 years old. He played for Bayern about 2 seasons but the nasty injury made his European career short. He is by far the best Asian player I have ever seen. The only other player who came close to his position, was Park Ji Sung.

Salah bayad long bendazeh baraye Ali Karimi.

Comment

Originally posted by PersianLegion View Post
                            Salah or Malah or whatever. We have Ali Karimi aka Tehran wizard. Ali Karimi turned down Atletico Madrid offer when he was 20 years old. He played for Bayern about 2 seasons but the nasty injury made his European career short. He is by far the best Asian player I have ever seen. The only other player who came close to his position, was Park Ji Sung.

Salah bayad long bendazeh baraye Ali Karimi.
                            I think we’re judging on footballing achievements, not talent.

Comment

He may not have represented an Arab country but their is no doubt that the greatest Arab player of all time is Zidane.
                              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

After seeing this, he is now my favorite player in the world. The Passion, the commitment and of course the talent.

Comment

Working...
                                X