Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we ever produce a "Salah" level talent ?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ali Karimi had the talent to be one of the best 10 players ever to kick a ball.....but his lazyness....it killed his career....never forget what his teammates at bayern said about him......"he did things we never saw before".

Comment

Originally posted by ShiroKhorshid View Post
      I think its simply an age think. To have seen the likes of Hassan Rowshan play you have to be in your 50's. For example i am 27 and the earliest i remember is our 98 generation.
      Not if you have access to the internet and are familiar with youtube. Roshan was before my time too but I am very familiar with him and what he was capable of.
      I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

If we are not talking just based on position...then I think Neku is a closest match we have. Otherwise, no we haven't had anyone like Salah yet. The reason...inconsistency, laziness, competency ( all qualities that somehow are entrenched in our culture...I am very guilty of this as well).

Is there potential to produce someone like Salah. Yes, but it requires a cultural change. The only person I think that has a potential to bring that cultural change is someone like ARJ or Mimo. Striker wise I don't see anyone having the talent and the discipline to reach Salah from the current generation.
        EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Our Team Melli had so many playmakers and strikers, there is no need to wish for talent like Salah. We already know why our top talent do not end up in the World's biggest clubs and the answer is simply Politics. Europeans, American, Arab investors and sponsors have hatred towards Iranian nationals not just Iranian government.

Comment

Salah is as humble as they come, and has been rewarded for his dedication to football and the constant need for wanting to improve his game. As a country, we produce talent plenty, it's the professionalism that fails them. Mido and Zaki are recent examples in the Premier League.

You lot had Karimi, we had Mohamed Aboutrika. We won 3 ACNs in a row thanks to his brilliance. After winning the first one, he rejected an offer from Bremen and Atletico Madrid, due to the cultural difference. A shame as he would have lit up Europe no doubt. Eto'o, Drogba, Kanoute, Adebayor, etc already know as much.

I sincerely hope teams in our group think Salah is our only player. They'll be in for a surprise. I don't think a single Saudi makes our starting 11.

Comment

Originally posted by kastro View Post
              Salah is as humble as they come, and has been rewarded for his dedication to football and the constant need for wanting to improve his game. As a country, we produce talent plenty, it's the professionalism that fails them. Mido and Zaki are recent examples in the Premier League.

You lot had Karimi, we had Mohamed Aboutrika. We won 3 ACNs in a row thanks to his brilliance. After winning the first one, he rejected an offer from Bremen and Atletico Madrid, due to the cultural difference. A shame as he would have lit up Europe no doubt. Eto'o, Drogba, Kanoute, Adebayor, etc already know as much.

I sincerely hope teams in our group think Salah is our only player. They'll be in for a surprise. I don't think a single Saudi makes our starting 11.
              you dont think ? No, you can be sure. Saudi are trash, they got through their group because of a couple subpar, but fast strikers who were able to beat trash asian defenses. The best players in the Saudi league are two syrians !

Comment

At the moment, Ali Jahanbakhsh has the potential to be as successful as Salah if everything (from not getting injured to right club comes knocking) works out for him.

Comment

I would also like to add that Salah is a top notch player who I respect. Liverpool are lucky to have him.

Comment

I think any country can produce player like Salah or even better, he is a top player already but to be considered as great player, he have to keep that level or more for many years.
                    the problem with most player from Africa and Asia is much more about mentality, personality, family, freinds,agent..all environnement around the player ,includding local press..., the way of life.... ,
                    all countries had great talents, like Iran had Ali Karimi .. and many others, Morocco had 4 african golden balls for example and many other talented players too, egypt,algeria,ghana,...too many countries with too many talents and thats only the ones we heard about or watched little, many get lost before we know them for sure, you can find talented players even in india, lesotho...or any country we never ehard about, but difference is especially when the player have to step up from U18 to adults level, you can find zero talented german player who becomes top player only by mentality, self confidence and by doing few things he learned but learned very well, he have no special or inner skills.. like Thomas Muller for example... i will love to have 11 muller, not so gifted player in my eyes but he do more than his job non stop, fight till last second for each ball.. rarely miss passes ,when he shoot it's rare his shoot go look for pigeons, all rates are reversed for our players.
                    our players can be very talented but their mentality is weak or not focused, for them football is a more a game and they continue playing like if they are still with their friends in street or in any little field close to their homes, but for those who become top players it's a job, it's their life and of course a game to have some fun sometimes but it's very very serious game, and a JOB, job and job, their life depend on that, most players come from not rich families, foootball or sport in general is their way to save themselves and their families, in africa only already rich player before football i know is Cameroonese Samuel Eto'o, in brazil only kaka... there is maybe mroe but i don't think they can be more than 0.0001% of players around the world.
                    most players around the world have football as a chance to save their families but even knowing that, our players find the way to miss their goal and the best they do is become at max one of best in their little (in terme of world football) countries or even become in top 100 in the world then consider themselves arrived and start play the star, then the falling down from so high starts till they get forgotten faster than they becomes knowen.
                    there is too many Moroccan players that was expected to be top players but they end to play in little local teams or get lost in middle-east teams, some even go india, singapour or peru!!! too many end homeless.... and i think it's same in all countries around the world, including Iran, every country can show so talented players that miss careers or their life in a way actually, if they put all their hopes in football of course, i'm not talking about those who study beside football, who have other interests, but most guys who are passionate of foootball, ahve only football as goal ,hope,passion,life... even in USA few years ago young player from nigerian or ghana parents, was claimed as next top.... Freddy Adu if i remember then now he work in supermarket or something like that !! exampleS are everywhere but i assume that in our "little" countries we have more talented and gifted players eSpecially when there is area just in nearby where kids play, street, lost field.... the ball is old palstic "handmade" thing you can hardly calal ball.. it's rare actually in morocco, rare you find space where kids can play, like in old times and it's reason maybe there is less local talents... we have many local centers for many sports, there was plan (2012-2016)to built 1000 more in all country, they built about 350, new minister came stop that grrrrr, but fortunatelly anotehr new comes few months agao and he plan to do more and with better managing,auto-financing system.. but still in my eyes, lost fields and street are better than that centers to encourage and help gifted players tod evelop their inner skills, in otehr hand that center can give nice formation like the one Thomas Muller had when young and that the worse i hope even i still want more talented players than too formatted and formed players.
                    for salah,people should know ,taht the guy struggle a lot, fight in his childhood for his passion, for football, he had training at club far from his little vilalge about 10km, he used go very early,5am or so and back home late at nigh and he did this for years, this can uilt a character and probably family and agent was not abd, and he gone to basel in switzerland, agood little big club who can prepare players to next level very well... he had a chance but he provocate his chance of course, many had betetr chance than him but failed, for all this i think psy and good managers are more important from childhood, our local clubs use gve kdis to an old player without diploma... ,that's a big mistake, kids need to ahev best tariners..in germany a guy like "litbarsky" is like ôzil for thse who didn't see or know him, and more talented than ozil, so taht guy choosed and stay taking care, forming kids after having serious formation, here in Morocco we started just last few years with the new pessident of teh federation that andteh formation becomes the most important,the first things the federation work in, we will see with years what we will happen, we hope teh work will not stopped by any silly people who look for own little personal interests.
                    sorry for that long bla bla but topic is interesting and the question about Iran can produce like Salah can be for all the world, and answer is yes Iran can,all countries can but it need effort and serious work from all, and the most important is staff caring, teaching, forming kids have to be top staff, high level ine ducation, psychoogy and all, best staffs are more important for kids than for adults, plus "agents" system should be controlled, some agent destroy their clients, thinking only about their own interest too...ohh i better stop sorry,was going to start about brazil system and so on..

Salah won the Golden Lion this week,prize made 14 years ago by moroccan sports newspaper "ALMOUNTAKHAB", 2nd egyptian after abou trika, it's only for african player, so drogba, etoo.. had it few times, he got the best arab player title too, on 4 january maybe he will add the african best player of the year by African Confederation , ceremony is in Accra,Ghana.

hmm yes No doubt Iran can produce Salah level player and more but.....

sorry for those who read, sorry for long text, mistyping and my bad english.. and thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                      Two words: Kaveh Rezaie
                      Two words: Ali Alipour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                        Two words: Ali Alipour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Agreed. Rezaei is a good striker but Alipour is much more technically gifted...

Comment

Salah just won african player of the year right now, african confederation award ceremony held in Accra,Ghana.
                          his mate in Liverpool Sadiou Mané 2nd and Aubameyang 3rd, well deserved for Salah and Mané, i don't agree for Aubameyang.

Comment

Mojahed Khaziravi could've been that talent. Too bad he didn't get a fair chance at life.
                            "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
                              Mojahed Khaziravi could've been that talent. Too bad he didn't get a fair chance at life.
                              So sad

Comment

This dude is insane.

Best player in the world after Messi this season. IF (a big IF) Liverpool win the CL, and he can get Egypt to let's say last 8 of World Cup, I think he'll have a chance at Balon D'or.

Hopefully an inspiration for all young Iranian players that even if our infrastructure is shitty, get out of the system fast, take risks in Europe in early age, and there is a chance to make it big.

Donated his bonus for taking Egypt to WC to building public facilities in his country, also investing his own money there...no fancy hair cut, or 10kg of gel on his air, no shitty tattoos and not attention seeking and spending all his time on Social Media. A grea sign, that even if you're a hot head (Salah refused shaking hands with a Macabbi player I believe when he was in Basel), you can mature and grow up ..Looking at you Mr. Azmoun.

Comment

Working...
                                X