Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we ever produce a "Salah" level talent ?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ali Karimi was THAT talent. In early to mid 2000's he was amongst the most gifted players in the world. His mistake was moving to europe way to late at almost 27 years. Just remember what his former mates said about him.
    Branko: Karimi is the best player i have ever coached.
    Daei: Karimi is the best player in iranian football history
    Azizi: Karimi is the best player in iranian football history
    Mahdavikia: Ronaldinho. But theres also my natioanal teammate Ali Karimi (when asked by HSV website who is the most technical player in the world). Karimi was still with Al Ahli at that time.
    Zandi: Karimi should be known amongst the worlds best players.

Keep in mind all these comments come from former Bundesliga players and in Brancos case from a well respected coach who in his career has coached a few hundred different players from around the globe.

Comment

Che ke na? Yek bazikoni manande Jahanbakhsh besyaar sakhtkar ast va por estedaad va agar be yek lige khob bere va dar yek bashgaahe monaseb baazi kone be nazare man mitone be sathe Salah berese.

Hamin khode Salah ham neshon mide ke yek keshvar ba bazikonhaaye dardesarsaaz (Mido, Mohamed Zidan va...) mitone bazikonhaaye bozorgi dashte bashe.
      DROOD BAR AHMAD KASRAVI.

Comment

Karimi was one of the most talented players in the entire world, he ruined it with poor career choices and injuries.
        You just got Caged
        K.C McElroy's Fan

Comment

Ali Karimi was truly a magician with the ball. If he had accepted the offer from Athletico Madrid when he still was very young and playing for PP, I am sure we would have seen him in Barcelona or Real Madrid a couple of years later. His talent was incredible.
          Unfortunately he had zero ambition and drive! He ended up wasting his best years in UAE´s shitty league. He should have won the Asian cup in China with Iran though. Mis-refferirng got Iran out in the semifinal.
          sigpic

Zendeh bad IRAN
          >-----------------<
          Marg bar dictator
          >-----------------<

Comment

ali karimi scored free kicks with both feet. his talent was unmatched. his desire not so much

Comment

In Iran we had, have, and will have players with twice the talents of Salah. But we need them to have :
              1) ambition to make good career choice
              2) european clubs stop snubbing our players and developing them like Basel did with egyptians.

Comment

Mehdi Mahdavikia:
                - 1st: Assist charts in the Bundesliga 2003
                - Chosen in Kicker's team of the season 2002-2003 (best offensive winger)
                - HSV player of the year twice in 2003 and 2004
                - HSV Team of the century 2012 (who else has this kind of accolate in Europe)?
                - Fifa official 32-man squad for the 98 World Cup
                - Asian Young Footballer of the Year: 1997. Asian Footballer of the Year: 2003. Top assists in 2004.
                - The best single performance by an Iranian player in Europe: HSV vs Juventus 4-4 Champions League 2001 when he scored one and assisted the rest. He was a machine in that match, never seen anything like that before or since by an Iranian in Europe. And who can forget his performance against Nuremberg - he basically made all four goals for HSV against Juventus. , crazy. The only Iranian player who was club captain for the Champions League (HSV vs Arsenal 2006)

Comment

Azmoun is still capable off it. He is young. However, as many of you have documented, he lacks the drive.

Jahanbakhsh could come close also.

Comment

We do… His name is Khosro Heydari

Heydari>>>>Messi/Ronaldo/Pele

Comment

Only Mahdavikia was closest to Salah... he was more defensive so naturally less goals but in terms of making it in Europe Mahdavikia was closest.

Comment

Salah is a great player but its not like Egypt did much to guide his development.
                        Their football infrastructure is about as bad as ours.
                        Egypt, like Iran has lots of talent who don't have good advisers or guidance.
                        Salah was smart enough to go to Switzerland when still young. He did great in Champions League and used the opportunity to move up.

Azmoun could have charted the same path, but he likes hanging with Papa Berdi.

Comment

Talent is the wrong word to use. Talent-wise we produce players with Salah's talent a lot, the real issue and question is whether these talents have the determination of a player like Salah and how hard they are willing to work to develop their talents.

Of course Ali Karimi is one of the most obvious examples. Who knows what he could have turned into had he gone to Atletico at the age of 21 when he was still considered a "talent".
                          Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Hassan Roshan.

Older timers know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by NFL View Post
                              Hassan Roshan.

Older timers know what I mean.
                              Indeed. It's really a shame that most members think Iranian soccer has only been around for about 20 years.
                              I went to Sharif University. I'm a superior genetic mutation, an improvement on the existing mediocre stock.

Comment

I think its simply an age think. To have seen the likes of Hassan Rowshan play you have to be in your 50's. For example i am 27 and the earliest i remember is our 98 generation.

Comment

Working...
                                X