Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we ever produce a "Salah" level talent ?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
    I have big respect for football fans who stay loyal to their teams all their life through their ups and downs, and specially those who support rooted teams with history such as Liverpool, Milan etc , that haven't been top of the world recently.
    Funny you mentioned those. Check out this thread from 2007 started by myself:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...ilan+Liverpool
    Some quotes from that thread:

Originally posted by Amin
    Congrats guys. The trophy's back where it belongs, namely in Milano!
    Congrats to all of y'all!
    Forza Milan!
    Cyrus what are you talking about? I thought you were a Milan fan...
    Of course I have respect for Liverpool...they're my fav. team in England. But Milan's numero uno

This one is from 2010 about your favorite teams:
    http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...ol#post1573934

Iran - Esteghlal
    Italy - AC Milan
    Spain - Real Madrid
    England - Liverpool
    Turkey - Besiktas
    Germany - Don't really care, but ok I'll say say Bayern because of the Iranians
    Holland - Don't really care, if I had to choose I'd say PSV (Romario, Ronaldo)
    Argentina - Boca Juniors
    Last edited by Amin_; 04-11-2018, 06:32 AM.
    Persian Pride running through my veins!

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
      Lol this just shows you how trash epl is to serie a. Salah can dominate England but was average player in serie a
      stop it

Comment

ANother one I found from 2009:
        Ah damn I thought it was multiple choice, my 3rd and last option was Liverpool, so that's the one that got in eventually.
        Anyway:
        Italy: AC Milan
        Spain: Real Madrid
        England: Liverpool
        Turkey: Besiktas
        http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...ol#post1506321

As you can see, I'm very loyal!
        Last edited by Amin_; 04-11-2018, 06:41 AM.

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

From almost 10 years ago!!

Esteghlal - Well I was born Esteghlali and I will die as one. Nothing to discuss there.

For the European teams: I became a fan of the teams mainly because my favorite players played there.
          Italy:
          AC Milan - Van Basten, Gullit, Rijkaard, Maldini etc. Wonderful team! From that time I supported Milan.
          After Milan comes Juvesntus - After Zidane went there and because they whooped Ajax' ass in the CL final.

Spain:
          Real Madrid - Mainly because of Zidane My all time favorite player with Maradona.

England:
          Liverpool - Great club with history and amazing fans, and my current fav. English player is their captain (Gerrard).

Holland:
          Not really a fan of any club, but if I had to choose I'd say PSV because of Romario (and also Ronaldo).

Turkey:
          Besiktas - When we came to Holland my best friend was for Besiktas and I started following them and eversince I've supported them. Also Sergen (great footballer) used to play there at that time. After Besiktas I'd say Galatasaray, mainly because of Hagi

I must say though that besides Esteghlal I'm not really a die hard fan of any other club.
          http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...ol#post1329120
          Last edited by Amin_; 04-11-2018, 06:44 AM.

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by IranPuma View Post
            stop it

Last season at Rome salah had 29 aps 15 goals in serie a only

This season with liverpool in epl he has 29 aps with 29 goals... lol you guys can determine a league is better then the other because the channel is available in hd.. I'll stick to reality
            WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
              Last season at Rome salah had 29 aps 15 goals in serie a only

This season with liverpool in epl he has 29 aps with 29 goals... lol you guys can determine a league is better then the other because the channel is available in hd.. I'll stick to reality
              How does that make SERIE A better than EPL?

Couldn’t the fact that Salah is scoring more goals be because he is playing for an ultra attacking team, playing with much higher quality teammates, and players with much more experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
                ANother one I found from 2009:

http://www.persianfootball.com/forum...ol#post1506321

As you can see, I'm very loyal!
                Respect!

Comment

Let's also not forget this overrated clown only managed 5 goals in 24 for El Mokawloon in the Egyptian Premier League in 2011 which just goes to show how right I was in telling you idiots you should forget about watching your crap European football and start streaming the real 'EPL' straight from the heart of Cairo.

Comment

Originally posted by Amin_ View Post
                    You may end up a red fan eventually after finding out Ahmadi Nejad was a SS fan and supported the team over 8 years of his presidency.

Comment

Anyways I'm sick and tired of Barca real and Bayern dominating because they have the most money... I hope the final this yr is liverpool vs rome
                      WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Don't worry, I will not become a PiPi fan even if God himself came down to earth and told me personally that he's a PiPi fan.

And if he'd somehow force me to become one, I'd happily commit suicide :-)

Esteghlal for life!!

Comment

Originally posted by _Navid_ View Post
                          I have big respect for football fans who stay loyal to their teams all their life through their ups and downs, and specially those who support rooted teams with history such as Liverpool, Milan etc , that haven't been top of the world recently.

From my observation a huge percentage of Iranian football fans are glory hunters when it comes to foreign teams and change their team every 5 or 10 years. Today inside Iran pretty much every single person is either Real and Barca fans and they automatically assume you support the other team if you dislike one of these teams. I can bet that a majority of them weren't supporters of these two teams since the beginning and will move to another team after these two players hopefully retire from football soon.
                          I agree, it's pathetic man. I was in Iran a few months ago and everyone was either a Real or Barca supporter to make matter worse, you legit can't have a normal and intelligent conversation about football without them just taunting you and acting like a clown.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                            I agree, it's pathetic man. I was in Iran a few months ago and everyone was either a Real or Barca supporter to make matter worse, you legit can't have a normal and intelligent conversation about football without them just taunting you and acting like a clown.
                            banter
                            but seriously even 20 years ago in Iran most people supported their local teams, a few English teams, Bayern and AC Milan...
                            Globalization and social media has messed it up.

Comment

I have been always a ManU fan. It has not changed since I was 9 but Manu is not playing awesome as it used to be. People love to follow a team that play beautiful and dominant.

Comment

Originally posted by Nokhodi View Post
                                banter
                                but seriously even 20 years ago in Iran most people supported their local teams, a few English teams, Bayern and AC Milan...
                                Globalization and social media has messed it up.
                                haha I'm all for banter and korkori, as you can see my last few posts here and I do think there's a lot of banter missing amongst the football forums here but banter only works if the opposition isn't a straight up glory hunter.

Comment

Working...
                                X