Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we ever produce a "Salah" level talent ?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can we ever produce a "Salah" level talent ?!

Okay, so It's well documented I am a huge Liverpool supporter.

I am watching an Egyptian tear it up for my club, week in and our, and produce the most consistent and brilliant performances since Luis Suarez in 2013/14 season.

Salah reminds me so much of Messi, is that a man of small stature can physically bully opposition defenders, turn defenders twice his size, and is so smart.

He comes from Egypt, a country politically at odds with ours, but with a lot of instability, and its own issues.....but I am just sitting here wondering....Can our country ever produce a talent like him in my lifetime? He ws playing in Egypt until he was 20 and until then moved to Switzerland.

I absolutely love watching the guy play, but every time I see him, I have a sigh of being envious thinking...if we had someone like him in TM, DAMN !

No we can't, I've always noticed this sort of laziness and self-entitlement in Iranians that's characteristic compared to other ethnicities. I mean yeah sure we study a lot and have brilliant minds but the idea of working hard in general (outside of a school setting) is uncommon for us. I remember Haddadi getting beaked at by Grizzlies manager Mike Hollins because of this and this is our best basketball player ever...

I know some relatives and family friends who moved to Vancouver and owned some company, factory or w/e in Iran and refused to accept they had to start off on a lower scale here so they either go in and out of the country consistently to make a payday for their family or just move back to Iran.

This is my experience anyway

Comment

We did. Ali Karimi.

Comment

Originally posted by Gotham View Post
        No we can't, I've always noticed this sort of laziness and self-entitlement in Iranians that's characteristic compared to other ethnicities. I mean yeah sure we study a lot and have brilliant minds but the idea of working hard in general (outside of a school setting) is uncommon for us. I remember Haddadi getting beaked at by Grizzlies manager Mike Hollins because of this and this is our best basketball player ever...

I know some relatives and family friends who moved to Vancouver and owned some company, factory or w/e in Iran and refused to accept they had to start off on a lower scale here so they either go in and out of the country consistently to make a payday for their family or just move back to Iran.

This is my experience anyway
        I know you probably meant well, but your post is pretty bigoted.

Iranians can have a Salah type of player. No question about it.

Comment

Originally posted by arash123 View Post
          I know you probably meant well, but your post is pretty bigoted.

Iranians can have a Salah type of player. No question about it.
          I'll believe it when I see it... because potential alone means nothing. It gets tiring whenever I hear how much "potential" Iranian players have yet can never reach the levels of Salah and whatnot

Comment

Originally posted by Gotham View Post
            I'll believe it when I see it... because potential alone means nothing. It gets tiring whenever I hear how much "potential" Iranian players have yet can never reach the levels of Salah and whatnot
            Whatever the reason, I wouldn't say it is because of nationality or how Iranians "behave in general". I'm sure there were Egyptians who were asking if they could produce an Ali Karimi talent 15 years ago.

Comment

I think we've had players who were close to that level such as Karimi and Daie but Iran's been exporting a lot of talent lately. We just might be able to have someone on the superstar level. Reza Shekari, Younes Delfi, Sayyadmanesh are all good examples.

Comment

Iran never had a player close to Salah level, lets not exaggerate, Karimi had talent, but talent doesn't do anything for you, he had one great season in Europe, same for Daei, he was a good substitute for Bayern and his career in Hertha, other than 3 CL goals was actually quite disappointing, how some compare Salah to Daei and Karimi is just beyond me!

Comment

Keyword close, which means they could have been but weren't.

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
                    We did. Ali Karimi.
                    i agree, with ali karimi talent, if he was hard working like Kia, he could have been best player in the world. the issue was ali karimi was lazy

Comment

Originally posted by TAJ_LIVERPOOL View Post
                      Keyword close, which means they could have been but weren't.

Close?

Lets not even include Karimi there, but even Daei, 5 years in Europe and 19 goals in League and 3 in CL!!

Inam az oun harfa boud.

Comment

Originally posted by Iran_19 View Post
                        Iran never had a player close to Salah level, lets not exaggerate, Karimi had talent, but talent doesn't do anything for you, he had one great season in Europe, same for Daei, he was a good substitute for Bayern and his career in Hertha, other than 3 CL goals was actually quite disappointing, how some compare Salah to Daei and Karimi is just beyond me!
                        Thanks for saying it for me, we've never had a player close to Salah. Never

Comment

Two words: Kaveh Rezaie
                          Team Meli Iran
                          Perspolis FC
                          Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYfxl-irGOI

mo salah is really a joy to watch . His running style, dribbling, the way he passes the ball in most of the time, so cool in front of goal, very humble as well. I think Karimi was on Salah's talent level, maybe even higher actually. But he never had the humility of salah to stay grounded, and always look to improve. Instead he was already satisfied with what he achieved, despite his potential not even coming close to being fulfilled.

Azmoun actually seems to me like the player we currently have that could reach mo salah heights. He needs to a strong team in a strong league after the WC, and then we can revisit this. Lazio who are a very similar level to roma were so close to signing him within the last 6 months lets not forget. And he has done it against the very best of world football.

Comment

Talent wise, yes. But talent means nothing, it's hard work and determination and setting goals.

Something Iranian players lack. Recently, we see that Kaveh Rezaei has this trait, as does Jahanbakhsh.

Comment

Working...
                              X