Can we ever produce a "Salah" level talent ?!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we ever produce a "Salah" level talent ?!

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks

Can we ever produce a "Salah" level talent ?!

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Okay, so It's well documented I am a huge Liverpool supporter.

I am watching an Egyptian tear it up for my club, week in and our, and produce the most consistent and brilliant performances since Luis Suarez in 2013/14 season.

Salah reminds me so much of Messi, is that a man of small stature can physically bully opposition defenders, turn defenders twice his size, and is so smart.

He comes from Egypt, a country politically at odds with ours, but with a lot of instability, and its own issues.....but I am just sitting here wondering....Can our country ever produce a talent like him in my lifetime? He ws playing in Egypt until he was 20 and until then moved to Switzerland.

I absolutely love watching the guy play, but every time I see him, I have a sigh of being envious thinking...if we had someone like him in TM, DAMN !

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elnino99 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,960 Times in 823 Posts
    No we can't, I've always noticed this sort of laziness and self-entitlement in Iranians that's characteristic compared to other ethnicities. I mean yeah sure we study a lot and have brilliant minds but the idea of working hard in general (outside of a school setting) is uncommon for us. I remember Haddadi getting beaked at by Grizzlies manager Mike Hollins because of this and this is our best basketball player ever...

I know some relatives and family friends who moved to Vancouver and owned some company, factory or w/e in Iran and refused to accept they had to start off on a lower scale here so they either go in and out of the country consistently to make a payday for their family or just move back to Iran.

This is my experience anyway
    Formerly known as "TheWheels"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gotham For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian

Thanks
    We did. Ali Karimi.

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
    No we can't, I've always noticed this sort of laziness and self-entitlement in Iranians that's characteristic compared to other ethnicities. I mean yeah sure we study a lot and have brilliant minds but the idea of working hard in general (outside of a school setting) is uncommon for us. I remember Haddadi getting beaked at by Grizzlies manager Mike Hollins because of this and this is our best basketball player ever...

I know some relatives and family friends who moved to Vancouver and owned some company, factory or w/e in Iran and refused to accept they had to start off on a lower scale here so they either go in and out of the country consistently to make a payday for their family or just move back to Iran.

This is my experience anyway
    I know you probably meant well, but your post is pretty bigoted.

Iranians can have a Salah type of player. No question about it.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to arash123 For This Useful Post:

PFDC Valedictorian
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,960 Times in 823 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by arash123 View Post
    I know you probably meant well, but your post is pretty bigoted.

Iranians can have a Salah type of player. No question about it.
    I'll believe it when I see it... because potential alone means nothing. It gets tiring whenever I hear how much "potential" Iranian players have yet can never reach the levels of Salah and whatnot
    Formerly known as "TheWheels"

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotham View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it... because potential alone means nothing. It gets tiring whenever I hear how much "potential" Iranian players have yet can never reach the levels of Salah and whatnot
    Whatever the reason, I wouldn't say it is because of nationality or how Iranians "behave in general". I'm sure there were Egyptians who were asking if they could produce an Ali Karimi talent 15 years ago.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to arash123 For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    I think we've had players who were close to that level such as Karimi and Daie but Iran's been exporting a lot of talent lately. We just might be able to have someone on the superstar level. Reza Shekari, Younes Delfi, Sayyadmanesh are all good examples.

PFDC Valedictorian
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,059 Times in 1,196 Posts
    Iran never had a player close to Salah level, lets not exaggerate, Karimi had talent, but talent doesn't do anything for you, he had one great season in Europe, same for Daei, he was a good substitute for Bayern and his career in Hertha, other than 3 CL goals was actually quite disappointing, how some compare Salah to Daei and Karimi is just beyond me!

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Iran_19 For This Useful Post:

High-Ranked Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Keyword close, which means they could have been but weren't.

PFDC Asset
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,307 Times in 1,402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoIran View Post
    We did. Ali Karimi.
    i agree, with ali karimi talent, if he was hard working like Kia, he could have been best player in the world. the issue was ali karimi was lazy

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ehsan singapore For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread : 177

You do not have permission to view the list of names.