• Alireza Jahanbaksh

25 43.10%
  • Son Hueng Min

33 56.90%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Is Alireza better than Son Hueng Min? at current time

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,000 Times in 1,894 Posts

Meet your Persian Love Today
    Karimi had a lot of talent and was special by Asian and Iranian standards, but elsewhere there are lots of players who have amazing skills but not the right work ethic.

Take Brazil in the late 90s with guys like Djalminha and even Denilson. Absolutely genius on the ball and could do anything but just didn't have the personality traits.

With Karimi it was clear from his one year suspension at the beginning that he would probably never live up to his talent. If anything I guess we should be happy we got things like the Asia Cup '05 performance and the images of him running through Ireland players in the WCQ and Roma players in the friendly....

Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    Thanked 3,354 Times in 1,491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
    With Karimi it was clear from his one year suspension at the beginning that he would probably never live up to his talent.
    Na..come one. I thought he was over after 1 year suspension but the guy surprised the h*ll out of me. His 2001 WCQ campaign was pure magic even though we didn't qualify. It was about that time, he declined a serious offer from Atletico Madrid. I'm sure he could have gone places if he had taken the offer at that time.

PFDC Top Member
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    Na..come one. I thought he was over after 1 year suspension but the guy surprised the h*ll out of me. His 2001 WCQ campaign was pure magic even though we didn't qualify. It was about that time, he declined a serious offer from Atletico Madrid. I'm sure he could have gone places if he had taken the offer at that time.
    I agree with your comment in its entirety, and there is nothing you say here which is at odds with my post...

Sometimes i have a feeling you are purposefully contrarian.

Banned
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation

Thanks
    I agree with your comment in its entirety, and there is nothing you say here which is at odds with my post...

Sometimes i have a feeling you are purposefully contrarian.
    baba didn't you say his suspension was the cause of him never living up to his talent? Read your text again. Why would I be a contrarian on purpose? lol

PFDC Top Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly View Post
    baba didn't you say his suspension was the cause of him never living up to his talent? Read your text again. Why would I be a contrarian on purpose? lol
    semantics agha, "from his one year suspension at the beginning that he would probably never live up to his talent." given that you yourself thought "he was over", i think it reads like we were on the same page.

Banned

Thanks
    semantics agha, "from his one year suspension at the beginning that he would probably never live up to his talent." given that you yourself thought "he was over", i think it reads like we were on the same page.
    uh...I thought you meant you see the suspension as the reason why he did not live up to his talent. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

PFDC Valedictorian
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 772 Posts
    Karimi indeed had the potential to be one of the best in the world but what he had in talent, he totally lacked in ambition. He purposely selected to play in UAE instead of Europe so that he would be able to fly to Iran on weekends.

And to think he had a legitimate offer to play at Athletico Madrid when he was young. 😔

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Members who have read this thread : 112

You do not have permission to view the list of names.