Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karimi had a lot of talent and was special by Asian and Iranian standards, but elsewhere there are lots of players who have amazing skills but not the right work ethic.

Take Brazil in the late 90s with guys like Djalminha and even Denilson. Absolutely genius on the ball and could do anything but just didn't have the personality traits.

With Karimi it was clear from his one year suspension at the beginning that he would probably never live up to his talent. If anything I guess we should be happy we got things like the Asia Cup '05 performance and the images of him running through Ireland players in the WCQ and Roma players in the friendly....

Comment

Originally posted by DR Strangemoosh View Post
      With Karimi it was clear from his one year suspension at the beginning that he would probably never live up to his talent.
      Na..come one. I thought he was over after 1 year suspension but the guy surprised the h*ll out of me. His 2001 WCQ campaign was pure magic even though we didn't qualify. It was about that time, he declined a serious offer from Atletico Madrid. I'm sure he could have gone places if he had taken the offer at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
        Na..come one. I thought he was over after 1 year suspension but the guy surprised the h*ll out of me. His 2001 WCQ campaign was pure magic even though we didn't qualify. It was about that time, he declined a serious offer from Atletico Madrid. I'm sure he could have gone places if he had taken the offer at that time.
        I agree with your comment in its entirety, and there is nothing you say here which is at odds with my post...

Sometimes i have a feeling you are purposefully contrarian.

Comment

I agree with your comment in its entirety, and there is nothing you say here which is at odds with my post...

Sometimes i have a feeling you are purposefully contrarian.
          baba didn't you say his suspension was the cause of him never living up to his talent? Read your text again. Why would I be a contrarian on purpose? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sly View Post
            baba didn't you say his suspension was the cause of him never living up to his talent? Read your text again. Why would I be a contrarian on purpose? lol
            semantics agha, "from his one year suspension at the beginning that he would probably never live up to his talent." given that you yourself thought "he was over", i think it reads like we were on the same page.

Comment

semantics agha, "from his one year suspension at the beginning that he would probably never live up to his talent." given that you yourself thought "he was over", i think it reads like we were on the same page.
              uh...I thought you meant you see the suspension as the reason why he did not live up to his talent. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Comment

Karimi indeed had the potential to be one of the best in the world but what he had in talent, he totally lacked in ambition. He purposely selected to play in UAE instead of Europe so that he would be able to fly to Iran on weekends.

And to think he had a legitimate offer to play at Athletico Madrid when he was young. 😔

Comment

Comment

This thread didn't age well
                    --------------------------Beiranvand-------------------
                    --Moharrami----Hosseini--Kanaani----Amiri--
                    ------------------Ezatolahi-----Ebrahimi--------------
                    --Jahanbaksh---------Ghoddos------------Taremi--
                    ---------------------------Azmoun----------------------

Comment

JB - 2 goals in EPL
                      Son - 78 goals in EPL

end of story.

Comment

Lolll at this thread existing tbh.

Not sure why anyone here would have thought jahanbakhsh was ever even close to being better than son.

He's been killing it in EPL FOR YEARS AND WAS KILLING IT IN BUNDESLIGA FOR YEARS BEFORE THAT.

ARJ hadn't even played in a top league yet. What could he have possibly done to warrant someone to think he's better or even close to heung min son?

Delusion at it's finest tbh. Sorry to say that but many Iranian football fans just don't see the reality of the level of our players compared to others.

Comment

no need to railroad alireza. hes a great player and had historic season at AZ. hes been consummate pro for tm and club. dont know what iranians achieve bashing their own players???

i think son is asian goat. but alireza has been in europe for many years for a reason.

Comment

Well written, id agree except putting son as one of the 10-15 asias goat and not THE goat.

It was a relevant q when thread started but didnt age well
                            Arj will soon be at tractor sazi, probably right after wc, if he doesnt explode in form in the league soon. Id like to se him in spain, eaven segunda top teams could be great.
                            Supporting Team Melli

Comment

Looked frightening against West Ham. Ali yaret to the badbakht that has to mark him on Thursday.

Comment

Fantastic hat-trick away at Villa for Son.

He won his 5th successive Asian footballer of the year award (not the AFC one no one cares about any more) for 2021 I think it is between him and Taremi for 2022....

1. Son Heung-min (South Korea) -- Tottenham: 242 points
                                2. Sardar Azmoun (Iran) -- Zenit: 111 points
                                3. Mehdi Taremi (Iran) -- Porto: 90 points

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X