Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kish as a host city for Qatar 2022 World Cup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kish as a host city for Qatar 2022 World Cup?

After the recent memorandum of understanding between IFF and QFA, Qatari officials have been looking at Kish as an option for hosting a few games. Would be a dream come true for us.

V3 Article: http://www.varzesh3.com/news/1480980...‡Ø§Ù†ÛŒ-قطر

Yes, it is doable and will bring recognition to Iran and Iranian fans will participate big time.

HOWEVER, Qatar must stop using a wrong name instead of Persian Gulf. I have not read anything in English or Arabic to see if they are using the correct term of Persian Gulf.

Iran is a rich country. Iran can afford to have its own good stadiums. I would also say instead of Kish, HOW ABOUT: Bandar Abbas? If this happens I will become very HAPPY.
    چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

Qatar is an absurd and undeserving host for the WC. The one silver lining is all the Iranian fans that will come and support TM should TM qualify. If Kish is used as a hosting city, that would even make the Iranian contingent that much larger.

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
        Yes, it is doable and will bring recognition to Iran and Iranian fans will participate big time.
        HOWEVER, Qatar must stop using a wrong name instead of Persian Gulf. I have not read anything in English or Arabic to see if they are using the correct term of Persian Gulf.
        Iran is a rich country. Iran can afford to have its own good stadiums. I would also say instead of Kish, HOW ABOUT: Bandar Abbas? If this happens I will become very HAPPY.
        How is it doable?? Qatar bid for WC22 was with X qatar cities. How, now they are chosen can they change that and add host cities from other countries?! Specially when this country is so few appealing for foreigners with the alcohol ban, women ban etc..?

Comment

So many issues come to mind.. Drinks, women's clothing, having to build a world class stadium.

I'd give us a better shot of qualifying for the semi-finals next summer.

Comment

I don't want to be associated as Iran with that bought and rigged World Cup. Nothing good would come out of it if Kish becomes host, I can see the Western media start ridicule our country again because of our stupid laws.

Comment

Once the war breaks out in the region for real! This WC will have to be reallocated.
              "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Camran khan View Post
                So many issues come to mind.. Drinks, women's clothing, having to build a world class stadium.

I'd give us a better shot of qualifying for the semi-finals next summer.
                Okay.
                Drinking. This cannot happen in Qatar also unless it is in hotels. Fans cannot drink in streets or stadiums. Foreigners are drinking in hotels in Iran.

Women. Many if not all Qatari women cover their heads. Qatar officials are discussing dress code or minimum dress. Arabs and West Asian men are known to be horny mainly because of deprivation of sex. So naked Russian girls may get into trouble which Qatar will not want bad publicity.

Stadiums. No problem. With money, anything is doable. Banader Abbas is a good place for it.

I wish we would know what Taj signed. Then it will be easier to discuss issues.

Comment

i dont think the stadium is a issue, but women, drinks and even VISA credit cards, is alot of issues

Comment

Not possible, all the locations and venues are pre-selected during the WC selection process.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                      Not possible, all the locations and venues are pre-selected during the WC selection process.
                      Maybe they might make an exception because of Qatar's political situation? Since flights to Qatar are cancelled but not flights to Iran. And of course, FIFA is corrupt af too, so some Qatari petrodollars could go a long way

Comment

Best scenario would be Qataris helping us build some world class facilities in Kish and us hosting some of the teams for the WC. If they add a flight it would take about 30 minutes so that seems doable.
                        We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

They intend to use kish facilities to host NT camps during World Cup rather than hosting the actual matches. It has been misinterpreted by Iranian media.

Comment

Kish and qeshm could become hosts for national teams and also have tourists in this time. We can have a good impact of this.

If they really would like to make a Persian Gulf world cup, then kish qeshm Bandar abbas and for example fools khuzestan to that area could be good for new facilities and stadiums.

In my eyes iff and dolat should make kish and qeshm to famous camps for Iran and national teams for the world cup. If we do this, we can prepare our self in kish and stay there and host some good friendlies before world cup.

So kish and qeshm should get 6 to 10 football fields and sports hotel.

And it off is really clever they will make the current hazfi cup to Persian Gulf cup. The final should be played in Los every year in a 25.000 capacity stadium. It is enough. The final in kish should become a mythos and a aim for every club and fans to go to kish. On Germany the final of DFB pokal is in Berlin and Berlin is the myth for German cup under clubs and specially fans.
                            World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                            sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                            If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                            -

Comment

Its nothing but wishful thinking , it aint gona happen.

Once these arab cousins work thier issues out oit will go back the same iranian bashing BS attitude, i promise you all

This friendship is just a temporary fix for the lonely Qatar.

Comment

Working...
                              X