Spain, Portugal and Morocco's World Cup Preparation matches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
    Smash may be a little exaggerated but the truth is they are better than us. Their players play in better teams and also they have a much much better federation which represent the national interests while ours is just corrupt and useless. Also they have a good coach as well. I follow Herve Renard for many years now and this guy has always convinced with all teams he was in charge of.
    CQ needs support! Without a good preperation we'll lose all three matches and he himself knows it as well.
    I remember before WC 14 everyone underestimated Bosnia and I knew they were better than us, simply because of the fact they had better players and a much better preperation than us.
    You guys need to be realistic and think from a neutral point of view.
    BUT IF ( and that's a a big if) we get everything CQ demands I'm very optimistic that we can even go to the 2nd round but with this useless federation you just can't be hopeful.
    I by no means think we are favorites against morocco, but he match is pretty much 50-50. thats all im trying to say. Maybe slight advantage for morocco but not that much

Comment

Originally posted by Omid177 View Post
      Smash may be a little exaggerated but the truth is they are better than us. Their players play in better teams and also they have a much much better federation which represent the national interests while ours is just corrupt and useless. Also they have a good coach as well. I follow Herve Renard for many years now and this guy has always convinced with all teams he was in charge of.
      CQ needs support! Without a good preperation we'll lose all three matches and he himself knows it as well.
      I remember before WC 14 everyone underestimated Bosnia and I knew they were better than us, simply because of the fact they had better players and a much better preperation than us.
      You guys need to be realistic and think from a neutral point of view.
      BUT IF ( and that's a a big if) we get everything CQ demands I'm very optimistic that we can even go to the 2nd round but with this useless federation you just can't be hopeful.
      I thought Iran football federation is well organized... i hope they will support CQ in all what he want, i wil like both team go to wrold cup totally prepared and have great matches between us and with our 2 neighbors.

but yes Morocco federation because of the président of moroccan football federation "frmf", is doing great job and he is doing kind of revolution in moroccan football to make it truly professional, some présidents of clubs makes him "lose" 1 year in his program i think but next year,if clubs not totally professional they will not play in first and second pro leagues "Botola pro I & II" ..
      he managed to be elected one of africa confederation vice president and also the financial director of the confederation and introducing many moroccan in different commitees in african confederations... plus we apply for fifa world cup 2026 hmm against northa america, "usa+canada+mexico"!! we hope but....

he is true fan of footbal with skills in managing, president of his native city team "Berkane" in north-east of morocco, and he is the director of budget in ministery of finance, he is on charge of Morocco finance in a way, so he have the power and the skills to make his plans becomes true no matter few silly presidents try slow him down.. if i can say, he is probably one of best president of all sports federations we ever had and he just started, we hope he stay long time and probably plan to be next president of african confederation or at least to be more stronger than he already is in Africa and Fifa, he is member of 3 commitees in fifa too.. and he give anything national teams wants, all national teams, youngers, women... not only first team, we never had well organized national teams like now, all teams from 13 y old have special staffs and in need they can use first team staff, like what will happen in CHAN, the African Championchip of local players national teams, held in Morocco in next "january/february", Renard staff will support local national team staff, including Renard himself, but he will not be on the bench, we have moroccan coach for that team and Renard is kind of supervisor/advisor.. when staff of first team, done with hsi primary job, they support others teams, they are paid so they work isntead of have vacation when first team don't have matches in months for examples.
      all teams, diferent ages, men and women teams have regular concentrations, play international matches and have complete staffs..,the national technical direction staffs have strategy and the means to succeed, they follow all teams and players in national teams in all ages in their clubs in Morocco or abroad... they don't expect big results for now but they work for the future, includding changing minds... trying introduce professionalism in all levels.. they even give "fitness" coachs for young kids to all clubs because moroccan players play in africa, against strong guys and all start from childhood, so they try make kids stronger to face "africa" in a way technically and physically in need, many clubs can have some money problems so they don't give same attention to all their teams, and focus on first team unfortunatelly, so clubs can't have/pay many staffs to each "age" team they have in clubs, so some staffs are given and paid by the federation as add to many other ways of support to formation in clubs...

national teams have special flights for all matches they have all around africa and get best conditions possible in any country they play in... clubs teams who play in africa cups are supported too and have extra money depending on their results.
      that's little examples on what going on moroccan football and i think with all what's is done now, Morocco will not miss any world cup anymore or it will be just a very rare accident.

i think results of all that will not be seen right now but probably in 4/5 or even more years but it will be constant and for better future.

in brief the federation do all to make the teams representing Morocco focus only on their job, and whatever coaches/teams staffs ask for, they get satisfied, Hervé Renard said many times: he/they(players) have no excuse if they don't succeed, he never worked in such great conditions, they have all they can want and need, and he is the only one to blame if no success, the federation, give him and to the team more than he could expect.

this said i will never think Morocco will smash iran, no way, if anyone of us win, it will be short and hard win but no matter result against Iran, even if Iran win and it's possible of course, i still believe Morocco will have the strength, the will,the hunger... to get to the next round and i hope it will be with Iran, that will be greaaat.

Comment

Portugal is taking Morocco very seriously. They still can not put their 3-1 defeat in 1986 WC to Morocco behind them. They have arranged a friendly with Egypt for March 2018 but date & venue to be confirmed. Also they had previously negotiated with Algeria and have not yet answered Peru's offer of friendly.

Spain only considers Portugal seriously, I don't think they will play North African or Asian teams in friendlies

Morocco is the most organised and plans friendlies with teams from Europe and Asia. It is a strong possibility that Morocco will play Belgium, Scotland and Turkey, two in March and one in May. I won't be surprised if they arrange more friendlies with European teams for June.

Comment

Bafana Bafana line up friendlies with Brazil, England and Spain for 2018
          Edward May

Bafana have lined up international friendlies with three heavyweights of world football

Bafana Bafana coach Stuart Baxter confirmed that he has offered their services to Brazil, England and Spain ahead of the 2018 Fifa World Cup finals.

“I have offered Bafana’s services to three of the world’s biggest countries, England, Brazil and Spain who will be looking for friendly matches to sharpen for the World Cup,” Baxter told Sunday Sun.

The trio will be based in La Manga, Spain in preparation for the global showpiece, and Baxter said Bafana are prepared to travel all the way there to make it happen.

“They will be based in La Manga. We’ll be prepared to travel there and play friendly matches against them,” Baxter said.

Having failed to qualify for the showpiece, Bafana are looking for matches to use in March after their 2019 Afcon qualifier with Libya was moved to September by Caf.

As such, Baxter is looking to use the encounters with three former World Cup champions to blood in youngsters accompanied by experienced individuals.

“It will be a good ideal for us. I will be taking a more youthful squad along with some experienced Bafana regular players. The idea is to mould more youngsters into the squad and give them the experience of playing against the top countries and some of the best players in world football,” Baxter said.

Baxter is currently in Zambia where he's running the rule over the SA under-20 side currently competing in the Cosafa Cup.

“I want to have a look at what’s coming through the ranks at under-20 level,” Baxter concluded.

http://www.goal.com/en-za/news/bafan...v19byblwj2lwp3

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
            Hakimi is very good, but if he plays on the right hand side, Mohammadi will eat him alive.
            I agree with you there

Comment

Originally posted by irani8perspolis View Post
              Hakimi is very good, but if he plays on the right hand side, Mohammadi will eat him alive.
              Hakimi is still young, still not strong enough i think, so maybe Mohammadi can eat him but he should cook him to not have "indigestion" , joke apart Hakimi will not play right back, it's except if Dirar is not present for injury or not in 23 for some reasons, Hakimi is Dirar sub, but lately he played back left because Mendyl/Nahiri.. were injuried, Back left is our other weakness with striker, anyway Hakimi or Mendyl or any back left/right never play alone, they always are supported by N.Amrabet/Ziyech, or defensive midfields, Ahmadi, Belhanda, S.Amrabat... when we don't have the ball, so Mohammadi will have more to eat i guess, good appetite to him

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                I don’t think the two things level out. No matter how much of a tactical genius CQ is,
                nothing will save a team with players who lack the fitness levels required for a World Cup match.

Domestic Iranian players do a terrible job of looking after their fitness. I’m just hoping Taremi doesn’t lose too much of his pace due his suspension, because it will be key to TM’s attack.
                GK Rahman Ahmadi 30 July 1980 (aged 33) 10 Iran Sepahan
                2 MF Khosro Heydari 14 September 1983 (aged 30) 49 Iran Esteghlal
                3 MF Ehsan Hajsafi 25 February 1990 (aged 24) 62 Iran Sepahan
                4 DF Jalal Hosseini 3 February 1982 (aged 32) 85 Iran Persepolis
                5 DF Amir Hossein Sadeghi 6 September 1981 (aged 32) 17 Iran Esteghlal
                6 MF Javad Nekounam (c) 7 October 1980 (aged 33) 140 Kuwait Al-Kuwait
                7 MF Masoud Shojaei 9 June 1984 (aged 30) 50 Spain Las Palmas
                8 MF Reza Haghighi 1 February 1989 (aged 25) 8 Iran Persepolis
                9 FW Alireza Jahanbakhsh 11 August 1993 (aged 20) 7 Netherlands NEC
                10 FW Karim Ansarifard 3 April 1990 (aged 24) 42 Iran Tractor Sazi
                11 MF Ghasem Haddadifar 12 July 1983 (aged 30) 17 Iran Zob Ahan
                12 GK Alireza Haghighi 2 May 1988 (aged 26) 6 Portugal Sporting Covilhã[117]
                13 DF Hossein Mahini 16 September 1986 (aged 27) 22 Iran Persepolis
                14 MF Andranik Teymourian 6 March 1983 (aged 31) 79 Iran Esteghlal
                15 DF Pejman Montazeri 6 September 1983 (aged 30) 22 Qatar Umm Salal
                16 FW Reza Ghoochannejhad 20 September 1987 (aged 26) 14 England Charlton Athletic
                17 DF Ahmad Alenemeh 10 October 1982 (aged 31) 9 Iran Naft Tehran
                18 MF Bakhtiar Rahmani 23 September 1991 (aged 22) 4 Iran Foolad
                19 DF Hashem Beikzadeh 22 January 1984 (aged 30) 17 Iran Esteghlal
                20 DF Steven Beitashour 1 February 1987 (aged 27) 6 Canada Vancouver Whitecaps FC
                21 MF Ashkan Dejagah 5 July 1986 (aged 27) 14 England Fulham
                22 GK Daniel Davari 6 January 1988 (aged 26) 4 Germany Eintracht Braunschweig[118]
                23 DF Mehrdad Pouladi 26 February 1987 (aged 27) 20 Iran Persepolis

This was our 2014 WC team. Look at the clubs. Much more domestic than now. CQ had three weeks with them and turned them into titans that outran Nigeria/Argentina. I'm not concerned. Our crop is also younger/more fit than Nekounam/Teimourian and co were then.

Comment

it seems Portugal will face Tunisia, the end of march, and Algeria 9 mai in barcelona

Comment

۵ بازی دوستانه بزرگ در دستور کار مراکش

تیم ملی فوتبال مراکش قبل از آغاز جام جهانی روسیه ۵ بازی تدارکاتی با تیم*های قدرتمند جهان برگزار خواهد کرد.

به گزارش خبر فوری؛ تیم ملی فوتبال مراکش قبل از آغاز جام جهانی روسیه ۵ بازی تدارکاتی با تیم*های قدرتمند جهان برگزار خواهد کرد. به گزارش سایت مراکشی النخبه، فوزی لقجع، رئیس فدراسیون فوتبال مراکش درباره گروه B جام جهانی ۲۰۱۸ روسیه گفت: «در جام جهانی بهترین تیم*ها حضور دارند و بنابراین تمام گروه*ها قدرتمند و سخت هستند. برنامه*های آماده*سازی تیم ملی فوتبال مراکش از ماه مارس میلادی (اسفند ۱۳۹۶) برای جام جهانی ۲۰۱۸ روسیه با انجام دیدارهای تدارکاتی برابر حریفان مشابه*مان آغاز خواهد شد. این تیم*ها از سوی هروه رنار (سرمربی مراکش) تعیین می*شوند که شامل آرژانتین، لهستان، سوئد، بلژیک و ایسلند هستند.»
                    مراکش اردوی آماده*سازی پیش از آغاز جام جهانی ۲۰۱۸ را در شهر مای این کشور آغاز می*کند و سپس راهی سوئیس خواهد شد. مراکشی*ها سپس از این کشور به روسیه می*روند. تیم*های ملی پرتغال، اسپانیا، ایران و مراکش در گروه B جام جهانی ۲۰۱۸ روسیه قرار دارند. ایران و مراکش در اولین بازی روز ۲۵ خرداد ماه سال ۱۳۹۷ در ورزشگاه شهر سن پترزبورگ به مصاف هم خواهند رفت.

http://www.khabarfoori.com/detail/21...shahrekhabar=1

Comment

Originally posted by Jadou View Post
                      Hakimi is still young, still not strong enough i think, so maybe Mohammadi can eat him but he should cook him to not have "indigestion" , joke apart Hakimi will not play right back, it's except if Dirar is not present for injury or not in 23 for some reasons, Hakimi is Dirar sub, but lately he played back left because Mendyl/Nahiri.. were injuried, Back left is our other weakness with striker, anyway Hakimi or Mendyl or any back left/right never play alone, they always are supported by N.Amrabet/Ziyech, or defensive midfields, Ahmadi, Belhanda, S.Amrabat... when we don't have the ball, so Mohammadi will have more to eat i guess, good appetite to him
                      I'm assuming Hachim Mastour is out of the equation...? God, I use to love that kid and think he would be an AC Milan legend, but they are already labeling him as failed. Which is crazy to think about given he's only 19!!!

Comment

Spain, Portugal and Morocco's World Cup Preparation matches

Originally posted by perspolis#1 View Post
                        GKRahman Ahmadi30 July 1980 (aged 33)10Iran Sepahan
                        2MFKhosro Heydari14 September 1983 (aged 30)49Iran Esteghlal
                        3MFEhsan Hajsafi25 February 1990 (aged 24)62Iran Sepahan
                        4DFJalal Hosseini3 February 1982 (aged 32)85Iran Persepolis
                        5DFAmir Hossein Sadeghi6 September 1981 (aged 32)17Iran Esteghlal
                        6MFJavad Nekounam (c)7 October 1980 (aged 33)140Kuwait Al-Kuwait
                        7MFMasoud Shojaei9 June 1984 (aged 30)50Spain Las Palmas
                        8MFReza Haghighi1 February 1989 (aged 25)8Iran Persepolis
                        9FWAlireza Jahanbakhsh11 August 1993 (aged 20)7Netherlands NEC
                        10FWKarim Ansarifard3 April 1990 (aged 24)42Iran Tractor Sazi
                        11MFGhasem Haddadifar12 July 1983 (aged 30)17Iran Zob Ahan
                        12GKAlireza Haghighi2 May 1988 (aged 26)6Portugal Sporting Covilhã[117]
                        13DFHossein Mahini16 September 1986 (aged 27)22Iran Persepolis
                        14MFAndranik Teymourian6 March 1983 (aged 31)79Iran Esteghlal
                        15DFPejman Montazeri6 September 1983 (aged 30)22Qatar Umm Salal
                        16FWReza Ghoochannejhad20 September 1987 (aged 26)14England Charlton Athletic
                        17DFAhmad Alenemeh10 October 1982 (aged 31)9Iran Naft Tehran
                        18MFBakhtiar Rahmani23 September 1991 (aged 22)4Iran Foolad
                        19DFHashem Beikzadeh22 January 1984 (aged 30)17Iran Esteghlal
                        20DFSteven Beitashour1 February 1987 (aged 27)6Canada Vancouver Whitecaps FC
                        21MFAshkan Dejagah5 July 1986 (aged 27)14England Fulham
                        22GKDaniel Davari6 January 1988 (aged 26)4Germany Eintracht Braunschweig[118]
                        23DFMehrdad Pouladi26 February 1987 (aged 27)20Iran Persepolis

This was our 2014 WC team. Look at the clubs. Much more domestic than now. CQ had three weeks with them and turned them into titans that outran Nigeria/Argentina. I'm not concerned. Our crop is also younger/more fit than Nekounam/Teimourian and co were then.
                        Covered more ground over the course of the game, but did they attempt more sprints than the opponent? I think not. We parked the bus exclusively against Nigeria and Argentina. It doesn’t require a lot of fitness to camp in your own box with 11 players for 90 mins.

This World Cup, we are promised of more attacking football. We need better fitness for that style of play.

Let’s not forget that a lack of pressure by Nekounam on Messi allowed him the space to shoot, and score in stoppage time.

With better fitness, Nekounam wouldn’t have been as tired at that stage of the game and surely would’ve cut out that chance.

Comment

Covered more ground over the course of the game, but did they attempt more sprints than the opponent? I think not. We parked the bus exclusively against Nigeria and Argentina. It doesn’t require a lot of fitness to camp in your own box with 11 players for 90 mins.

This World Cup, we are promised of more attacking football. We need better fitness for that style of play.

Let’s not forget that a lack of pressure by Nekounam on Messi allowed him the space to shoot, and score in stoppage time.

With better fitness, Nekounam wouldn’t have been as tired at that stage of the game and surely would’ve cut out that chance.
                          still doesnt change the main point that CQ made TM produce highly respectable performances with truly under average players and preparation. Now we have way more quality players, already far better preparation, and four more years of experience.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                            still doesnt change the main point that CQ made TM produce highly respectable performances with truly under average players and preparation. Now we have way more quality players, already far better preparation, and four more years of experience.
                            “Highly respectable performance” is debatable. If you mean he did good considering the quality of players he had, then I agree.

But if you mean our results in the 2014 WC in general gained the respect of other nations, then I beg to differ.

Comment

“Highly respectable performance” is debatable. If you mean he did good considering the quality of players he had, then I agree.

But if you mean our results in the 2014 WC in general gained the respect of other nations, then I beg to differ.
                              Ok given what we were playing with I think we did an okay job. We were not embarrassed by any means and nearly pulled the shock upset of the tournament

Comment

My original point was that CQ crafted a team of mostly IPL players fit enough to last against those teams. Players from Teams with terrible fitness became juggernauts.

Prior to the WC, people were saying Nigeria was going to run circles around us.

It takes an insane amount of stamina to park the bus by the way. Constant changes in flow. Lots of mental energy exhausted keeping shape.

Comment

Working...
                                X