Opposing Fans Reaction to Getting Iran as Their Opponent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kastro View Post
    I do not like the Moroccan national team for obvious reasons, but do not underestimate them. They didn't concede a single goal in a tough qualifying group. They have a very good
    manager as well.

Congrats on your qualification.
    you are free to not like Moroccan team bro but still i wish and want Egypt make it and go to next round and much more

Comment

The Morracan team played 6 matches and Iran played 10 so our defense is as good or better than theirs

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
        Welcome to PFDC brother!
        I just want to say that I am %100 behind Egypt in group A and especially vs Saudi Arabia. I hope Salah scores a hattrick on KSA
        Anyways, I hope you enjoy your stay here. It's always nice to have new members who support different teams
        Much appreciated welcome man! I was actually hoping to draw Saudi Arabia from all the teams in pot 4, as we should beat them quite comfortably due to our strength in comparison.
        I'm hoping Iran and Morocco both advance. Spain is a tough nut to crack but Portugal is definitely beatable, even with Ronaldo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jadou View Post
          you are free to not like Moroccan team bro but still i wish and want Egypt make it and go to next round and much more
          It's competitive dislike as we're both top North African teams. I don't actually hate Morocco. I'm still hoping Morocco and Iran can beat the odds and both advance!

Comment

Much appreciated welcome man! I was actually hoping to draw Saudi Arabia from all the teams in pot 4, as we should beat them quite comfortably due to our strength in comparison.
            hey watch out now, that is the same mentality SOME Moroccans have about Iran

Comment

Originally posted by EKBATAN View Post
              hey watch out now, that is the same mentality SOME Moroccans have about Iran
              Lol come on, you can't compare us to the 8-0ers... Saudi Arabia is no where near the consistency and strength of teams like Egypt, Morocco, and Iran... In fact I rate all three of those teams fairly evenly (with different strengths and weaknesses of course)

Comment

saudi arabia is not a bad team. you all are underestimate them. their football improved, and they won´t be a push-over. they will now strength themselves even more because opening match, and it will still be difficult for them, and I do not see them qualify, but I would not be surprised even if they qualify. I do not see 8:0 results in this group, but close results.
                World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
                sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
                If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
                -

Comment

First off a big and warm welcome to our non-Iranian members, hope to see more of your contribution to this thread/forum

Folks, I am loving how we are being taken lightly by our upcoming counterparts and in general the whole world. It feels amazing, the more they undermine us, the better the outcome on the actual pitch may be. Just like last World Cup against Nigeria and especially Argentina.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

never thought Id live to see the day on PFDC that a moroccan and egyptian would be arguing. LOL. Thats how much pull we have here. Welcome to forum guys.

Comment

I do not like the Moroccan national team for obvious reasons, but do not underestimate them. They didn't concede a single goal in a tough qualifying group. They have a very good
                      manager as well.

Congrats on your qualification.
                      Congrats on your qualification as well and welcome to PFDC! We are happy to have you - it’s always good to see non Iranians join and contribute. I’m thinking your team has a great shot at advancing you’ve got some talented players I admire please put 8 on the Saudi’s that shouldn’t be too hard for you the Russia game will be the decisive one in my opinion they are a decent team but easily beatable. Do you follow the Iranian national team at all?
                      Team Meli Iran
                      Perspolis FC
                      Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Opposing Fans Reaction to Getting Iran as Their Opponent

Originally posted by Bessos View Post
                        Welcome.

I hope we get to face each other in the round of 16.
                        No man, I won’t settle with anything less than in the final inshallah! [emoji6][emoji41][emoji1324]*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm thinking we will most likely start the match vs. Morocco with a defensive mindset in order to not concede, rely on counter attacks and then start attacking if it's still tied late in the game. We can do that against Spain maybe but not against Morocco. That's why I'm hoping CQ will adjust his game plan for Morocco and makes us go into the game guns blazing to catch Morocco off guard. This game will come down to ball posession. The team with a higher percentage of posession will win this game.

I'd much rather we score a goal first which would boost our confidence and contain our players' world cup jitters which would allow us to manage the game after that instead of god forbid conceding on an individual mistake while defending (in the world cup and especially in the first game could happen to anybody) and then playing from behind for the rest of the game.

If there is one thing we should take away from our draw, it's that nothing will come to us easily in any of these games so we might as well play with confidence and not give any of our opponents too much respect. We have to really be in the mindset that stars like Ronaldo, Morata, etc. breath, bleed, and sh*t just like us. Great players are like sharks, they smell the blood in the water and attack, so we have to make sure they know we are not scared at all, by playing cool, calm and collective football as a team. And nothing says we are scared more than parking the bus!

Comment

Originally posted by FeLFeL View Post
                            I'm thinking we will most likely start the match vs. Morocco with a defensive mindset in order to not concede, rely on counter attacks and then start attacking if it's still tied late in the game. We can do that against Spain maybe but not against Morocco. That's why I'm hoping CQ will adjust his game plan for Morocco and makes us go into the game guns blazing to catch Morocco off guard. This game will come down to ball posession. The team with a higher percentage of posession will win this game.

I'd much rather we score a goal first which would boost our confidence and contain our players' world cup jitters which would allow us to manage the game after that instead of god forbid conceding on an individual mistake while defending (in the world cup and especially in the first game could happen to anybody) and then playing from behind for the rest of the game.

If there is one thing we should take away from our draw, it's that nothing will come to us easily in any of these games so we might as well play with confidence and not give any of our opponent's too much respect. We have to really be in the mindset that stars like Ronaldo, Morata, etc. breath, bleed, and sh*t just like us. Great players are like sharks, they smell the blood in the water and attack so We have to make sure they know we are not scared either by playing cool, calm and collective football as a team. And nothing says we are scared like parking the bus!
                            actually if you look at all of our recent friendlies, we are playing a far more expansive, possession based attacking style.

Comment

Originally posted by inarsenewetrust View Post
                              actually if you look at all of our recent friendlies, we are playing a far more expansive, possession based attacking style.
                              And I hope that continues and we don't resort back to the same tactics as WC 2014. Again, we can do that against Argentina, Spain, etc. - It makes sense.

But we gave Nigeria for example way too much credit. And the Bosnia game is probably the worst game we have ever played under CQ .

Our friendly against Chile 2 years ago is a perfect example of what we are capable of offensively.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghermez Agha View Post
                                Congrats on your qualification as well and welcome to PFDC! We are happy to have you - it’s always good to see non Iranians join and contribute. I’m thinking your team has a great shot at advancing you’ve got some talented players I admire please put 8 on the Saudi’s that shouldn’t be too hard for you the Russia game will be the decisive one in my opinion they are a decent team but easily beatable. Do you follow the Iranian national team at all?
                                Thanks for the warm welcome! Our match against Saudi Arabia is last, so hopefully it's nothing but a formality. Russia will be tricky, being the host nation - but they're very beatable for sure and I'd be upset if we didn't get all 3 points. 4 points from our first two matches would be an excellent return. We have the squad to do it, so hopefully we play with confidence!
                                If I'm honest, I haven't really followed Iran closely, but I was keeping an eye on the Asian qualifying tables. I noticed that you made light work of it, so naturally I googled your squad and saw a couple highlights of your WCQ matches. I think a win against South Korea was one of them if I recall correctly. Quite impressed with your striker Azmoun.
                                What is your strongest 11?

Comment

Working...
                                X