Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think is the fair odds of IRAN making it out of group stage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’d say 35-40%.

Comment

We have more World Cup experience than Morocco. Last time Morocco participated in a World Cup was 1998.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
        I am watching some of Morocco’s games online, and I can see so many similarities with our TM. They have a strong back line, and have technical and quick counters. This will be an interesting match. A lot of the goals I see them score are from defensive mistakes, particularly from crosses and set pieces. If they can beat us, I think that will be their main tactic. They will have trouble passing it through us, but they may find success repeatedly crossing it to their athletic strikers hoping for a mistake. I really hope that Hosseini and Montazeri will be available for this match, as their experience will come in handy!

I can see why Morocco did not concede a goal though. African offense can lose its cutting edge in the final third of the field. There is a lot of zir-toop Aliasghari long balls and a lot of long shots. Iran’s goals tend to come in positions of 1 v. 1, while Morocco has less of those. I see that as good for us. If we frustrate them, they will push up and open up at the back a bit. The only thing I fear is them scoring first, as whoever scores first has a major advantage in this match.

Both teams have quality managers, and it will come down to who is the better tactician. I personally believe CQ will frustrate Morocco with stingy defense, and we will score one around 50-60th minute and take our second ever World Cup victory. I would put us at 55% favorites to their 45%. It is a very close matchup, but I think our coaching and close team bond and chemistry will be the decisive factor.
        where can i find their games?

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
          We have more World Cup experience than Morocco. Last time Morocco participated in a World Cup was 1998.
          They have more wins than us though. Against decent teams too.
          They're really a good team. North African teams typically play well at World Cups even if they don't make the 2nd round.

Comment

0-10%
            WE ARE THE UNDER DOGS

Comment

Originally posted by persiangodfather View Post
              0-10%
              looking at our group on paper, i woulda also given us about 10% max chance of going through ..! but we got at least very lucky with a wonderful scheduling of our group games, so that should count for an additional boost of 8-10% chances in my view..!!
              & if IFF grants ma man Carlito most of his WC preparations Wishes..???? (highly doubtful) and that'll easily count for another 8-10% boost and would grant us an exciting WC group stage with a healthy 25-30% chance of advancing..!!

Comment

I personally think that TM has a %30 chance of advancing to the round of 16 however
                Every single soccer publication or website has picked Iran to finish last in the group !!??
                Do they really know something that we don’t ???!!!???

Comment

Odds on William Hill.

Group A
                  Uruguay 2/9 (1.22)
                  Russia 2/7 (1.28)
                  Egypt 2/1 (3.00)
                  Saudi Arabia 7/2 (4.50)

Group B
                  Spain 1/10 (1.10)
                  Portugal 1/7 (1.14)
                  Iran 5/1 (6.00)
                  Morocco 6/1 (7.00)

Group C
                  France 1/20 (1.05)
                  Denmark 4/5 (1.80)
                  Peru 6/4 (2.50)
                  Australia 4/1 (5.00)

Group D
                  Argentina 1/8 (1.12)
                  Croatia 4/7 (1.57)
                  Iceland 9/4 (3.25)
                  Nigeria 11/4 (3.75)

Group E
                  Brazil 1/10 (1.10)
                  Switzerland 5/6 (1.83)
                  Serbia 6/4 (2.50)
                  Costa Rica 3/1 (4.00)

Group F
                  Germany 1/14 (1.07)
                  Mexico 1/1 (2.00)
                  Sweden 5/4 (2.25)
                  South Korea 7/2 (4.50)

Group G
                  Belgium 1/9 (1.11)
                  England 1/7 (1.14)
                  Tunisia 7/2 (4.50)
                  Panama 6/1 (7.00)

Group H
                  Colombia 4/11 (1.36)
                  Poland 8/15 (1.53)
                  Japan 11/8 (2.37)
                  Senegal 5/2 (3.50)

Comment

On the day Iran has a chance equal to Morocco, Spain and Portugal. The beauty(and sometimes problem) with Football is that its the ONLY sport that NO ONE and I mean NO ONE! can predict the outcome! every WC has surprises, Germany beating Brazil 7-0 Was a surprise, Turkey reaching the last 4 was a surprise, Croatia under Blazovich reaching final Three ...list goes on and on!... Just like how we couldn't predict who will be in our group, and we all were surprised! I can tell you come June 15th, TM will surprise the CRAP out of fans, pundits, critics and the Footballing World alike!! Just wait and watch my friends, and forget the odd!!

Comment

Working...
                    X