Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think is the fair odds of IRAN making it out of group stage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you think is the fair odds of IRAN making it out of group stage.

I think If I can get 20-1 or better, I would make a bet on them.

dont bet on iran at all

Comment

20 to 1 is great. Put 50 and get 1000 back

However i never bet on my teams, its a double F*** you if it doesnt happen. I can only bet on teams i dont care about

Comment

It would be closer to Leicester numbers from a few years back realistically

Comment

^ shouldn't be as low as that but 20-1 is possible for sure

Comment

Originally posted by arash123 View Post
            It would be closer to Leicester numbers from a few years back realistically
            LOL

leicster was 1000 to 1! Iran is like 10 to i at bookies to make it past group, some bookies have Iran at 6 to 1!

Comment

betting on iran is bad, we are emitional on iran

Comment

My regular betting side only giving 5.5:1 on Iran making it out of the group!

They are more confident about Iran than large portions of this forum!

Comment

^link?

if they only give 5.5:1, then what do they give on Spain and Portugal?

Comment

Originally posted by Hadi View Post
                    ^link?
                    if they only give 5.5:1, then what do they give on Spain and Portugal?
                    Spain to qualify from group- 1.06:1
                    Portugal to qualify from group- 1.15:1
                    Morocco to qualify from group- 5.25:1
                    Iran to qualify from group- 5.5:1

Just for reference, the other AFC teams:

Japan - 2.8:1
                    Korea - 3.15:1
                    SA - 7.5:1 (LOLOLOLOLOLOL)
                    Australia - 4:1

Comment

Realistically 30%.

Comment

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...d-cup-history/

These guys reckon about 27%.
                        Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.

Comment

Yeah 25%. Which is totally fair. Maybe even slightly lower. Obviously chances will change dramatically based on the first match, but with good preparation for that match, especially playing the likes of Algeria ( probably better than morocco), and Turkey, we will be ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
                            LOL
                            leicster was 1000 to 1! Iran is like 10 to i at bookies to make it past group, some bookies have Iran at 6 to 1!
                            im pleasantly shocked. our boys getting some respect.

Comment

I am watching some of Morocco’s games online, and I can see so many similarities with our TM. They have a strong back line, and have technical and quick counters. This will be an interesting match. A lot of the goals I see them score are from defensive mistakes, particularly from crosses and set pieces. If they can beat us, I think that will be their main tactic. They will have trouble passing it through us, but they may find success repeatedly crossing it to their athletic strikers hoping for a mistake. I really hope that Hosseini and Montazeri will be available for this match, as their experience will come in handy!

I can see why Morocco did not concede a goal though. African offense can lose its cutting edge in the final third of the field. There is a lot of zir-toop Aliasghari long balls and a lot of long shots. Iran’s goals tend to come in positions of 1 v. 1, while Morocco has less of those. I see that as good for us. If we frustrate them, they will push up and open up at the back a bit. The only thing I fear is them scoring first, as whoever scores first has a major advantage in this match.

Both teams have quality managers, and it will come down to who is the better tactician. I personally believe CQ will frustrate Morocco with stingy defense, and we will score one around 50-60th minute and take our second ever World Cup victory. I would put us at 55% favorites to their 45%. It is a very close matchup, but I think our coaching and close team bond and chemistry will be the decisive factor.

Comment

Working...
                              X