Group B - Iran, Spain, Portugal, Morocco Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR.S View Post
    The friendly was played 1 months ago in Russia both teams was playing their full streanght 11, minus 1-2 players at the start of the game. Spain was very lucky to get a draw. They got 2 penalties were atleast 1 of them shouldnt been given to them.
    If Spain took this game seriously then I think we can certainly hold our own against them in the WC.

Comment

Group B - Iran, Spain, Portugal, Morocco Discussion

I don’t get this idea that Morocco “is better on paper”. Yes, they do have a lot more players playing in Europe than us, but nearly none of are starring for their team like our players are currently doing so.

-Starting keeper, Munir has played a grand total of 3 games for his mid-table Spanish SECOND division side.

- Left Back, Hakimi has only appeared in 2 league games with Real Madrid

- Captain and Centre Back, Benatia has only appeared in 5 league games with Juventus

-Attacking midfielder, Boussoufa has scored 0 in 7 games in the UAE domestic league

-Right Winger, Amrabat has NOT scored nor assisted in 13 appearance for both Watford and Leganes

- Attacking midfielder, Belhanda has only 1 goal and 5 assists in 13 appearances for Galatasaray.

I should insist all players mentioned are regular starters for the Moroccan national team.

So yes, Moroccans play for Real Madrid and Juventus, but they mostly make the benches of these teams.

Source: https://www.transfermarkt.com/spielb...ericht/2923445

Comment

I'm seeing a lot of ppl take the 3 points vs Morocco as granted. While they are the weakest among our 3 opponents, but by NO MEANS are they weak. so there's no room for complacency (ala bosnia or angola games), coz they will punish us. They are a top class team by any standards.

However seeing the other two teams, it is logical to think our best chance at a win is in this first game.
        At the same time we also must accept WE are their best bet for the 3 points too and they will be planning on that till the match day. Perhaps CQ can come up with a different set of tactics and strategy for the 1st game, compared to the following two games. Would love to know how he plans to approach this issue

Comment

No. I think Iran should make a good plan to get as much points as possible against Morocco and Spain. Last world cup CQ's plan was to get a tie against Nigeria and surprise against Arg. I don't think he goes after a win from portogal
          since he comes from there. But he hopes that in 3th day Portogal has enough point to go for a tie.
          CQ's team have many options in the offense. Players that can play several positions. That gives him lots of combination and usually he announce his list 1 hour before each games. RD and LD is not so technically clever and fall behind
          a player like Ronaldo very soon. He has to do some thought about this. I hope we change to 4-3-3 like our game against Russia but with Saman Azmoun/AF and JB opfront. with Taremi and Amiri Right and left midfielders. This is my ideal lineup. If we know we can't go to next round it is best to play our best.

Comment

^ I bet if our players didn't have the lable of "Iranian", at least half of them would have been playing for the so-called elite clubs!

From my point of view a player like Mohammadi, Jahanbakhsh, Ghoddos, Karim or Azmoun can start for any team in Serie A.

Yes, they are way better than us on paper, but paper doesn't guarantee any result. If we were capable to dominate Argentina with a much weaker TM, we can certainly handle Morocco with good preparation, unity and respecting their good team.

Comment

Carlos Queiroz Facebook
              40 mins ·

“Make the impossible possible”

1978: Holland, Peru, Scotland
              1998: Yugoslavia, United States, Germany
              2006: Portugal, Mexico, Angola
              2014: Argentina, Nigeria, Bosnia Herzegovina
              2018: Spain, Portugal, Morocco

In Russia 2018 Team Melli faces the biggest challenge in Iran’s World Cup history. We must be united to face this huge challenge.

We need much more than a step of magic in our preparation. We need a magic leadership to guide and execute one special, creative, innovative World Cup Preparation Program that can support and develop our local based players to another level, that is to the international football standards.

The reality it is, that we need to improve our players based in Iran in order to increase our chances to compete with success in Russia 2018. The truth is that our domestic league standards are far far way from international technical demands, and from the intensity and game rhythm of the best championships.
              We don’t have another option.

It is imperative that our local based players can be submitted to one systematic and long term Preparation Program, during this season, in order to reduce the gap and increase our chances to succeed.

Not to accept, or not to face this fact, like it or not, is to commit suicide.

I truly hope and wish all members of our football community understand the present situation, so they can show the commitment, support and cooperation on behalf of Team Melli interests.

CQ

Comment

^ Man good on CQ. He is always doing his due diligence.

I hope to god that the various clubs/coaches in Iran's domestic league do not give CQ trouble about having their players in WC training camps. It should be obvious to all of them that our group is extremely difficult and we need to be united behind CQ and implement his goals and preparations if we are to have a chance at advancing at the WC.

Comment

We iranians rlly are the most crazy people lol.
                  Hours and hours of talk and funny thoughts and then we come back with 1 point.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk

BARCELONA-IRAAAN-PERSPOLIS
                  CITY

Comment

Originally posted by Taz
                    The closest any of our players would get to the Juventus and Real Madrid benches are if they changed career and became a superb physiopherapist. I don't mean to offend them but tge fact is the likes of Benatia are elite-level players which we currently simply don't have.

Not that any of it matters once we beat them and qualify from the group.
                    Ezza had a chance (and I guess might still have a chance if he becomes serious) but his dumb-ass of an agent clearly didn't know how to guide him.
                    EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                      If Spain took this game seriously then I think we can certainly hold our own against them in the WC.
                      Their goal celebrations seemed beyond serious

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post
                        I don’t get this idea that Morocco “is better on paper”. Yes, they do have a lot more players playing in Europe than us, but nearly none of are starring for their team like our players are currently doing so.

-Starting keeper, Munir has played a grand total of 3 games for his mid-table Spanish SECOND division side.

- Captain and Centre Back, Benatia has only appeared in 5 league games with Juventus

-Attacking midfielder, Boussoufa has scored 0 in 7 games in the UAE domestic league

-Right Winger, Amrabat has NOT scored nor assisted in 13 appearance for both Watford and Leganes

- Attacking midfielder, Belhanda has only 1 goal and 5 assists in 13 appearances for Galatasaray.

I should insist all players mentioned are regular starters for the Moroccan national team.

So yes, Moroccans play for Real Madrid and Juventus, but they mostly make the benches of these teams.

They also have more players in top leagues simply because of a huge Moroccan diaspora in countries like Spain, Netherlands and especially France. These players have been basically raised by the EU football system and are not domestic.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahin K View Post
                          We iranians rlly are the most crazy people lol.
                          Hours and hours of talk and funny thoughts and then we come back with 1 point.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G950F met Tapatalk
                          I would rather be crazy than depressed. So no regrets!

Comment

I've always been a optimist and truly believed we could go through the 2nd round in 06 and 2014 but I think the reality is that we're going to come in 4th this time. I just hope we can show a respectable performance and enjoy the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pouya View Post
                              I've always been a optimist and truly believed we could go through the 2nd round in 06 and 2014 but I think the reality is that we're going to come in 4th this time. I just hope we can show a respectable performance and enjoy the ride.
                              Wrong!! If Costa Rica or the US can do it, why not us?

It's been 20 years since we've had a miracle. It is about time we make ourselves a new one!

Comment

Originally posted by littlepersia17 View Post

i agree it does not mean any thing, you can play for real and make no appearance reguarly. even on paper they are not favourte.i dont agree, they didnt concide, but they played 6 games, we played 10 and not all african countries are strong, some of them are weak as hell.on the other side, we dont have players in big leagues but they are playing alot, what the point in being in real or juve when you play like 5 games in 2 years

Comment

Working...
                                X