Iran's friendly (March 2018)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran's friendly (March 2018)

With the draw, I only see Uruguay and Belgium possibly interesting in playing us as they are with(Saudi, Egypt and Tunisia)

I dont think we will play Uruguay because if we "do" advance from our group as second place we will most likely play against them next. Plus we arent playing against any SA teams in our Group.

I definitely think we will get either Egypt/Senegal

and possibly another friendly with Sweden.

Germany might want to play us due to SK.
    EAT. SLEEP. TM. REPEAT.

Comment

realistic friendlies

Sweden
      probably France (Australia is in their group)
      Mexico (probably because of Korea, but more realistic is Mexico vs. Japan or china friendly)
      Uruguay (even if it is possible to face them, but the chance is low from their eyes)

I think the groups are so shitty even for our Friendlies.....very shitty..Tunisia can be a good friendly for Morocco....and also Egypt, but I think bad political relations with Egypt right now...

Even another friendly with Russia will benefit Russia, because of Saudi Arabia and Egypt in their group....
      World Cup 2006, Frankfurt, Iran vs. Portugal, Iranian Frontpage of GOAL Sportspaper
      sigpic

And on the 8.Day God created Ali Karimi, and he saw he was good!
      If Defenders were allowed to use their hands to stop Karimi
      -

Comment

Unlikely we get a friendly with Egypt for political reasons. The 8-0ers are keep their economy afloat with their petro dollars and would never allow Egypt to play us and besides Egypt is 8-0er's lap dog.

Comment

I hope we get a team where we can test our defending against elite teams.

Comment

we have to play two teams
            1.poland
            2. egypt,tunasia

Comment

1. Poland, Sweden, Croatia, Switzerland would provide good friendlies.
              2. Panama and Venezuela friendlies were now useless.
              3. We need to call Algeria and Tunisia immediately!!!!!

Comment

I'm pretty sure that one of the friendlies will be against Italy or Holland. Mark my words

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
                  I'm pretty sure that one of the friendlies will be against Italy or Holland. Mark my words
                  Your words have been marked.

Comment

Originally posted by Essi View Post
                    why play them?they wanna play thier B team make no sense, we should play poland, or belgium.why play italy or holland

Comment

we need to play a defensive minded european team like portugal along with a pacy European team like Spain..

Suitable teams to fit the bill: Poland (who plays Japan) and Sweden (who play Korea)

Comment

logically, we SHOULD receive invitations from (Saudis' and Aussies' group mates):
                        Russia
                        Uruguay
                        Egypt
                        France
                        Peru
                        Denmark

that shd suit us fine.

We also shd actively look for games against:
                        Egypt
                        Tunisia
                        Algeria

I'm thinking Egypt game suits BOTH us and them as they also face the saudis.
                        Hopefully that would be on both coaches' mind

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor DOOM View Post
                          logically, we SHOULD receive invitations from (Saudis' and Aussies' group mates):
                          Russia
                          Uruguay
                          Egypt
                          France
                          Peru
                          Denmark

that shd suit us fine.

We also shd actively look for games against:
                          Egypt
                          Tunisia
                          Algeria

I'm thinking Egypt game suits BOTH us and them as they also face the saudis.
                          Hopefully that would be on both coaches' mind
                          if we play france, and egypt would be good, we need a hard european to prepare for spain and portugal, we cant have a 2nd rate european team is not possible, holland and italy is not good also, we need a strong like germany

Comment

Adequate Preparations is simply our SOLE saving grace next year in Russia..!! & arguably we have the Best Long Term Planner in all of international football as our coach..!
                            so, we stand a small outside chance of advancement but if and Only if IFF comes through with the needed funding$$ for CQ's plans..!! a Big IF....!! after all its IFF were talking about here, The Biggest "IFF" of All" thats why they spell it with two Fs..!!

Comment

^ But given IFF's and CQ's track record and behavior, I woudnt hold my breath for games vs. the likes of france, germany, even poland, mexico ... .

within our present reality and given CQ/IFF's record, our BEST HOPE could be something like:
                              switzerland
                              denmark
                              from WC qualifiers

plus, from other nations:
                              algeria
                              costa rica
                              and maybe a couple of 2nd tier African teams !!!

NOWHERE near ideal. But it is Iran we're talking about afterall

Comment

Working...
                              X