Iranians on BBC this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
    That is what I meant IRanians. I just wrote with an EYE to make sure people understand what I am saying.

Its truly disgraceful to see and hear such garbage.
    Okay he has apologised. People can make mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by AIrani View Post
      Thanks for your attention.
      The way I correct both Iranians and non-Iranians when they use Eye-Iranian, I tell them have they been to Eye-taly. They get the message fast.
      OR

Eye-srael
      Eye-ndia
      Eye-ndonisia

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
        Okay he has apologised. People can make mistakes.
        That is fine but I get the feeling that this is not the first time he has used that Derogatory term. He probably has used it all his life. Please tell him that it is extremely wrong especially coming from an Iranian.

Comment

That is fine but I get the feeling that this is not the first time he has used that Derogatory term. He probably has used it all his life. Please tell him that it is extremely wrong especially coming from an Iranian.
          From listening to it again, I don't see where he did (would be great if you can find what bit it was). He didn't mean in a bad way anyway, he's been living in America most of his life. You pick up the accent.

Comment

There’s a person I know who was raised here and said “Eye-ran” to me once. I told him “It’s ee-Ron dude.. eeeeeee-Raaawwwwwwwwwwwwwn.”

Of course he apologized and corrected himself. But it baffles me because this person said both of his parents are from ”Eye-ran”.... Akhe madar ******* age hardota az madar pedaret male Iran hastan chera to Eye-ran migi IQ...

I don’t know.. I don’t get it vaghean 🤦🏻

Comment

It is a big pet peeve of mine when people say Eye-Ran. But when an Iranian who was born and raised here.. whose parents are both Iranian.. and I don’t give a f*** if you don’t speak Farsi because they didn’t teach you or if both of your parents don’t speak Farsi because they were also not taught..

But how the f*** do you not know the correct pronunciation of Iran..

Comment

Originally posted by teammelli91 View Post
                It is a big pet peeve of mine when people say Eye-Ran. But when an Iranian who was born and raised here.. whose parents are both Iranian.. and I don’t give a f*** if you don’t speak Farsi because they didn’t teach you or if both of your parents don’t speak Farsi because they were also not taught..

But how the f*** do you not know the correct pronunciation of Iran..
                I'm sorry, I understand your anger, but where does Pasha say EYE-ran in this?

Honestly give me a minute from the recording

Comment

I'm sorry, I understand your anger, but where does Pasha say EYE-ran in this?

Honestly give me a minute from the recording
                  He said Eye-ranian at 0:25 mark.

Comment

He said Eye-ranian at 0:25 mark.
                    Brrrooooooo. He says 'those two figures in OUR IRANIAN national team'. Goodness sake

Comment

Brrrooooooo. He says 'those two figures in OUR IRANIAN national team'. Goodness sake
                      Come on are you serious ?? He clearly says those two in Eye-ranian national team. No E is heard when he says Iranian. Just I

Comment

Come on are you serious ?? He clearly says those two in Eye-ranian national team. No E is heard when he says Iranian.
                        Brother. Please listen to this properly. I just showed him and he even says himself he says 'Our Iranian'. Dude go on 9:17. He clearly says 'Irawwn'. You need to listen to it properly. And even at 11:10 he says Iranian football. So please stop this. It's very weird.

Comment

Brother. Please listen to this properly. I just showed him and he even says himself he says 'Our Iranian'. Dude go on 9:17. He clearly says 'Irawwn'. You need to listen to it properly. And even at 11:10 he says Iranian football. So please stop this. It's very weird.
                          I have listened to it very carefully several times and its clearly Eye-ranian. "Our Iranian" should not sound Our-Ranian if that what he is claiming. There is no E when he says Iranian.

Anyway why did he apologize for earlier if had not said Eye-ranian ??

Comment

I have listened to it very carefully several times an and clearly is Eye-ranian. "Our Iranian" should not sound Our-Ranian if that what he is claiming.

Anyway why did he apologize for earlier if had not said Eye-ranian ??
                            Because he hadn't listened to it. But after listening to it, you're very wrong. End of the day, he accepted your criticism. It was wrong and you should be a man and admit it. They are nice people that I call friends and I don't appreciate them being criticised for shit they haven't done.

End of story

Comment

Because he hadn't listened to it. But after listening to it, you're very wrong. End of the day, he accepted your criticism. It was wrong and you should be a man and admit it. They are nice people that I call friends and I don't appreciate them being criticised for shit they haven't done.
                              End of story
                              You're the one that's wrong. He clearly says eye-rainian at the 0:25 mark. Maybe your brain is perceiving it differently becuase you like the guy and what it to sound different.

Comment

End of story
                                Fine. But from now on he should try to enunciate the letter E when saying Iran or Iranian. Combining the words "Our" and "Iranian" makes it clearly sound like Eye-ranian.

Comment

Working...
                                X