Iranians on BBC this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iranians on BBC this week

Pasha Hajian and Sina Saemian from Gol Bezan will be on BBC World Service radio station and BBC Radio 5 Live, respectively, tomorrow.

Pasha will be discussing Iran's WC draw and the situation with the WC Draw presenter wearing a hijab and covering to allow the draw to be broadcast in Iran. BBC World Service

Sina will join Tim Vickery and Paul Sarah to speak about the WC draw and to preview the WC next summer. BBC Radio 5 Live

Please be sure to tune in or listen in on their twitter accounts:

@PashaHajian
    @Sinaa_sa

Where they will be posting their segments.

Thanks.

Happy for them. We need more Iranians repping Iranian football.

Unfortunate that BBC is going to make Pasha discuss a story that isn't even true, but good exposure.

Dame har do garm.

Comment

Pasha is a good kid, happy for him.

Congrats.

Comment

love pasha dameshon garm

Comment

Pasha comes on around 45' minutes into this http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/w172vr0nz3pl18z#play.

You will need to register online and download the BBC Media Player.

I'd highly recommend listening to this segment with Pasha, it's very informative and please share with your friends.

Comment

Gol Bezan has just uploaded their interview with Jordi Cryuff, Johan Cryuff's son. He speaks about Asian football, the WC, Queiroz, Hajsafi and Shojaei.

Please give it a listen...

https://m.soundcloud.com/gol-bezan/i...w-jordi-cruyff

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
              Gol Bezan has just uploaded their interview with Jordi Cryuff, Johan Cryuff's son. He speaks about Asian football, the WC, Queiroz, Hajsafi and Shojaei.
              Please give it a listen...
              https://m.soundcloud.com/gol-bezan/i...w-jordi-cruyff
              Who the hell is the host of this show. He seems to be Iranian yet he refers to them as EYE-ranians. That is a very derogatory term and I cringe every time a foreigners uses it.

If he is Iranian then

SHAME ON HIM

That is the last time I listen to his Stupid show.

Comment

Originally posted by Damavand View Post
                Who the hell is the host of this show. He seems to be Iranian yet he refers to them as EYE-ranians. That is a very derogatory term and I cringe every time a foreigners uses it.

If he is Iranian then

SHAME ON HIM

When did he say eye-ranians exactly? I listened to it again and in my opinion he says it as IRanians.

Comment

Originally posted by greenguy4life View Post
                  When did he say eye-ranians exactly? I listened to it again and in my opinion he says it as IRanians.
                  That is what I meant IRanians. I just wrote with an EYE to make sure people understand what I am saying.

Its truly disgraceful to see and hear such garbage.

Comment

If he is Iranian then
                    SHAME ON HIM
                    I didn't know Dehkhoda and Edward Granville Browne had hired you to decide how an English speaker should transliterate Iranian from Persian to English. Fact is, they can do whatever way they want and there is no right or wrong until one (or more) forms become accepted in that society. So in America, there is a segment that use the form you back and there are others who use a different one. Get over it.

BTW Gol Bezan boys keep up the good work, but please don't be afraid to ask tough questions (I kept waiting for Querioz to be asked about Shojaei).
                    زن زندگی آزادی

Comment

Originally posted by bozghaleh View Post
                      I didn't know Dehkhoda and Edward Granville Browne had hired you to decide how an English speaker should transliterate Iranian from Persian to English. Fact is, they can do whatever way they want and there is no right or wrong until one (or more) forms become accepted in that society. So in America, there is a segment that use the form you back and there are others who use a different one. Get over it.

BTW Gol Bezan boys keep up the good work, but please don't be afraid to ask tough questions (I kept waiting for Querioz to be asked about Shojaei).
                      ajab bozghaleiye in

Comment

If he is Iranian then

SHAME ON HIM

Thanks for your attention.
                        The way I correct both Iranians and non-Iranians when they use Eye-Iranian, I tell them have they been to Eye-taly. They get the message fast.
                        چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

You are WRONG.

Next time, tell the idiots who say Eye-Iran, if they know where Eye-taly is. The get the message fast.
                          چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

1. It's not transliteration but rather pronounciation that is in question here. The argument is not about how it is spelled in English.
                            2. There is only one accepted pronounciation for the "I" in Iran and its derivatives. All other are wrong. You cannot find any source that advocates an alternative pronounciation.
                            3. Anyone who says Eye-ranian is ignorant, racist, or trying to get a rise/provoke. It is not okay to say it. Same goes for Eye-talian which is also offensive.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/eyetalian

4. You may feel it's okay to be docile but really what you are doing is advocating wrong or bad behavior. See point 3.

I hope you don't take offence but really just because some Americans do something doesn't in any way justify it.

Comment

Guys, I've told him, he's apologised, it was his mistake. I understand it can 'offend' some people, but it's better to look at the positive work they have done for Iranian football these past months. The people who work for Gol Bezan are great people, I am good friends with them and trust me they have worked very hard for the interviews they've gotten.

PS. In case it was under question, they are all 100% Iranian.

Comment

Working...
                              X