No announcement yet.

"International medias BIAS against TM" official thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sort of thing really used to piss me off. Not so much anymore. As I have gotten older I learned not to let my blood boil over things I can't control. The disrespect and ignorance towards TM will continue. The international media will say whatever it wants. Don't get too angry boys.

The best thing TM can do is have a historic tournament and maybe next WC it will end these biased/ignorant reports.

Comment

Originally posted by GoIran View Post
      Bleacher Report ranked Iran as the 26th team.
      http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...p-is-finalised
      This is good the more they underestimate us the better. I honestly think we are the 15th or 16th team in the world cup. Some here might disagree, but the reason I say this is because if you take everything from our individual talent, chemistry, and sound tactics then we are very strong. Just because a team may have a few more proven stars on their team does not make them better than us.

Comment

I really don't get what all the anger is about. What would you rather have them say? That this is the best team in the world? That Iran have such a high pedigree in world football that it would be a calamity not to count them as a tournament favorite? That they will breeze past the other two teams in their group no matter what the draw looks like? That they are the dark horses of the tournament and should reserve their place in the final 16 for sure?

They ranked Iran higher than six other teams in the tournament and slightly below Japan and Switzerland, which is completely realistic. The only bias here is coming from the folks who think Iran should be treated on equal footing as all the better teams in the tournament. The pundits rank teams based on one thing only: reputation. Our reputation in world football is that of a top Asian side but a minnow in comparison to all the big guns. That is an accurate and realistic reputation.

Does this mean that we can't pull a major upset? No.

Comment

come one guys be realistic, Sweden in same world cup pot as Iran effectively eliminated Holland and Italy. would YOU be rather playing Iran or Sweden???
          What do you want them to say? "Hopefully we will end up in same group as Brazil, Sweden (pot 3) and South Korea from pot 4, at all cost England must avoid Iran"

And same BBC article also mentioned
          Who impressed most in qualifying?

In Asia, Iran came through two different groups unbeaten - 18 games without defeat that included a run of 12 consecutive clean sheets.

Comment

Folks,
            Some of you are mixing things here! .. This is not about whether they underestimate Iran's football team or think we are a walk in the park for them if we are in the same group. All of that is just fine!! No body should care!! ...
            But when they direct their biased comments towards us, is when we need to be alert and take action! ... Prejudice and disrespect has no place in this world. Don't acquit the guilty because you think they have lack of knowledge. Ignorance is not a defense! ... in the connected world every Joe Blow knows Iran and Arabs are different. The reason they put us together is because of their prejudice views .. Don't be naïve and don't try to be too nice ... That kind of attitude has costs us dearly thought out our history! .. If Jews had that kind of attitude no one would have ever remembered how they were massacred in the world War. We need to learn from them on how to protect our integrity. No one is dare to question the Jews in the world. But when it comes to us, even a freaking Spanish asshole gives himself the audacity to say "Iran is in but Italy is out" .. do you think silence is the answer to that? He could have said "Panama is in but Italy is out" ????? .. but no he chose "Iran".

Comment

Originally posted by Kiarash View Post
              Dutch people the following six months be like: Iran is in the World Cup, but we are not.
              And then they will start with comments about all the political, non-football related stuff.
              Well it is disgusting that we live with such a backwards regime so I don't blame those who calm their ego with thoughts about that. I wish we could not qualify to world cup but at least had their democracy

Comment

Its fine in Belo Horizonte I trashtalked Argentina so much.

Said things like their players are superstars ours are nobodies that are doing better in the second half.

Pissed them off so much the section around us got real quiet in tue 60/70 minute mark.

Sometimes you gotta put them in their place.

Im hoping we get a hyped team and this time get a result

Comment

GOOD thread. THANK YOU for starting it.

I also think we must speak up and educate the people that: (1) We are Iranians. We speak Persian (or Parsi instead of Farsi that is used INSIDE of Iran because of Arab influence).
                  (2) Iran is located in West Asia (NOT the Middle East)
                  (3) Iranians are proud of their heritage and National Team.
                  (4) Iran is the third team to qualify
                  (5) Iran allocates a fraction of many countries to its football. We have TOO MANY no good people running IFF.

Iran and Iranians are HAPPY to go to World Cup.
                  چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد

Comment

I prefer us to be ranked 32nd and for us to be underestimated for having a captain without a club and a striker who has a woeful domestic club record.

That way when we surprise them, it would be all the sweeter.

Who cares how people report iran's football team, it's not like iran as a country gets favourable coverage anyway in other spheres.

I remember for WC 98 when the Sunday Times estimated the first two games as Yugoslavia 4 - 0 Iran and USA 3 - 0 Iran. It made the USA victory even better.

Comment

In Germany

Bild
                      http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/wm...3656.bild.html

Group of death : Germany, Spain, Senegal, Japan
                      Group of life : Germany, Peru, Iran, Panama

Kicker
                      http://www.kicker.de/news/fussball/n...ie-toepfe.html

Group of death : Germany, Spain, Tunisia, Japan
                      Group of life : Germany, Croatia, Iran, Panama

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                        I really don't get what all the anger is about. What would you rather have them say? That this is the best team in the world? That Iran have such a high pedigree in world football that it would be a calamity not to count them as a tournament favorite? That they will breeze past the other two teams in their group no matter what the draw looks like? That they are the dark horses of the tournament and should reserve their place in the final 16 for sure?

They ranked Iran higher than six other teams in the tournament and slightly below Japan and Switzerland, which is completely realistic. The only bias here is coming from the folks who think Iran should be treated on equal footing as all the better teams in the tournament. The pundits rank teams based on one thing only: reputation. Our reputation in world football is that of a top Asian side but a minnow in comparison to all the big guns. That is an accurate and realistic reputation.

Does this mean that we can't pull a major upset? No.
                        Spot on.

It's a fact that Iran is the lowest ranked team in Pot 3, so every team will want to draw us. Similar to Peru or Panama. Do we see Peruvians or Panamanians crying that threads on PFDC label Peru/Panama as an 'easy' group? I don't know, because I don't have hosseleh to check, but you get the point.

Comment

I prefer we show how good we are on the soccer field than a war of words. If we are a good team we should get out of our group and get to quarter finals.

If not we have yet to achieve anything on the world stage to brag about.

Comment

Anymore magazines done World Cup rankings besides BR, SI and Guardian?

Let me know please - for tweeting purposes

Comment

Originally posted by pdot View Post
                              I prefer we show how good we are on the soccer field than a war of words. If we are a good team we should get out of our group and get to quarter finals.

If not we have yet to achieve anything on the world stage to brag about.
                              Agreed. We saw how much hype TM U-17 got after thrashing Germany. Even though they didn't get farther in the knockout stage, it was certainly a big story and put all other teams on notice. We need this in the senior TM level this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by diz View Post
                                Agreed. We saw how much hype TM U-17 got after thrashing Germany. Even though they didn't get farther in the knockout stage, it was certainly a big story and put all other teams on notice. We need this in the senior TM level this summer.
                                Thanks, this is what I actually wanted to refer to. Never underestimate anyone!
                                ما میمیریم میمیریم ایران رو پس میگیریم

Comment

Working...
                                X