Iran vs Venezuela Player Ratings | Post Match Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
    Couldn't disagree with you more. We dominated possession and more chances in the first half. They picked up their tempo for 30 minutes after the little guy came on, and they were dangerous for exactly the last 15 minutes of the game when we were already leading 1-0.

Did you watch the game, or just highlights? Anyone who watched the game objectively knows that we were by far the better team and should have scored 3 or 4 if we could finish better. They had a 100% goal opportunity from a mistake stopped by the luck of having a player like Hosseini, but other than that, they had a handful of half-chances mostly at the end when they were chasing the result. Even then, we almost countered them several times and scored more ourselves.

Sorry, but I don't think many if anyone would agree with your assessment of TM's performance. Outside of missing their chances, this was one of TM's best performances in a while. Much better than Panama where we lost steam after scoring the second and were on the back heel for longer.
    Also important to consider that venezuela is a much stronger team than panama, and that we could see the level of conembol teams from todays match. That makes the performance even better. The teams in the bottom of the table in conembol would easily qualify in CONCACAF instead of shittier teams like panama, honduras, etc.
    AKP Parti, Turkiye - Haj Bernie Sandersoglu

Comment

We should've scored 3-4? How about the fact that we needed Seyed Jalal to play GK for us to save us from embarrassment in the first half. Had this been Venezuela's 1st squad we could've lost by 2-3 goals. Beiranvand is terrible and Mazaheri can kick a ball. We don't have GK going into the WC. Khoda bedademoon berese
      "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Doust View Post
        We won the game but clearly Venezuela was the better team. It's a miracle they didnt score.
        What?

Comment

Did anybody else think that Gucci would have normally scored those first two chances that he had ?

I feel like something is wrong with his focus.

Besides that he was his usual hard working self and was always coming back to get the ball.

But his final product was really poor today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We should've scored 3-4? How about the fact that we needed Seyed Jalal to play GK for us to save us from embarrassment in the first half. Had this been Venezuela's 1st squad we could've lost by 2-3 goals. Beiranvand is terrible and Mazaheri can kick a ball. We don't have GK going into the WC. Khoda bedademoon berese
            Just can't disagree with you more. Sorry. Seems we can't see eye to eye. You're right, that one mistake was bad, but what about Gucci and Amiri each having 1 v. 1's with the keeper that they couldn't finish. One 45 seconds into the match?

Having one error, no matter how critical shouldn't downplay the hustle and fluidity of our players today, especially in the first 60 minutes of the match. I will agree that we took our foot off the gas in the last 30 minutes, but that was a very experimental lineup with fringe players like Imani in the game. We cannot judge the entire performance by one Biranvand mistake, and some weak passing from benchwarmers in the dying minutes of a test match.

You are welcome to your opinion though. I'm just saying why I thought we played well. I can understand you being frustrated by Biranvand, but I personally think we should acknowledge the hustle of players like Dejagah, Ghoddos, and others today. The passing was crisp and we could hold the ball which made me feel good. These are things we struggled with before 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by Ab-Gosht View Post
              Ali karimi was so bad it was nuts.
              Agree ...he does not play with conviction.

Comment

Originally posted by Afat11 View Post
                Couldn't disagree with you more. We dominated possession and more chances in the first half. They picked up their tempo for 30 minutes after the little guy came on, and they were dangerous for exactly the last 15 minutes of the game when we were already leading 1-0.

Did you watch the game, or just highlights? Anyone who watched the game objectively knows that we were by far the better team and should have scored 3 or 4 if we could finish better. They had a 100% goal opportunity from a mistake stopped by the luck of having a player like Hosseini, but other than that, they had a handful of half-chances mostly at the end when they were chasing the result. Even then, we almost countered them several times and scored more ourselves.

Sorry, but I don't think many if anyone would agree with your assessment of TM's performance. Outside of missing their chances, this was one of TM's best performances in a while. Much better than Panama where we lost steam after scoring the second and were on the back heel for longer.
                Yup thats pretty much what went on today..! This was a vastly improved team performance from TM compared with both Panama and Russia games where we played well early on and scored but then lost form and then got mostly dominated for remainder of the match due to our excessive subbing or possibly changing of tactics or formations..? or i think it was mostly the fact that we found it hard to perform at our peak when opponents speed up the game and resorted to quick one touch passing which greatly neutralized defensive pressings..!

Comment

We won the game but clearly Venezuela was the better team. It's a miracle they didnt score.
                  let's get down to basics. Based on years of statistics, the teams that win, have always been the better team. I have yet to see a single team in the history of football lose and see them lift a trophy.
                  “It is easier to fool the people, than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain

Comment

really wanted to see Ahmad Abdollahzadeh play cause that guy is solid man. stamina of a horse.

Mazehari did a great save man when that ball just swerved last minute! But id 100% still go for Beiranvand, no matter what people say this is the keeper we will use in the WC. no doubts about that.

Comment

Originally posted by enikoravesh View Post
                      really wanted to see Ahmad Abdollahzadeh play cause that guy is solid man. stamina of a horse.

Mazehari did a great save man when that ball just swerved last minute! But id 100% still go for Beiranvand, no matter what people say this is the keeper we will use in the WC. no doubts about that.
                      No doubts? There are every single doubt in the world. Beiranvand has atleast one sooti every match. He has gotten a lot of chances, too many chances, to prove himself and he hasnt impressed at all. I think that we should stick to Mazaheri for now.

Comment

Iran vs Venezuela Player Ratings | Post Match Discussion

Watching the entire first half last night I think Ali karimi was pretty good, not sure why people say he was awful?

His passes were all accurate, and he was involved with a lot of distributing and attack
                        He also intercepted a bunch of passes from Venezuela.

I also noticed that ezatollahi was much better and the accuracy of his passes were great.

Ali karimis best qualities are that -He has a high pass accuracy -He is big and can/does harass opponent players in the midfield - Has the quality to make good attacking plays
                        He also reads the opponents well and blocks their passing lanes.

were people saying he sucked because he seems slow? He really isn't much slower than ezatollahi tbh
                        Last edited by KeonKish; 11-14-2017, 01:14 PM.

Comment

^Sure he is a DM but u have to atleast win the ball without fouling every single time. And thats why we call him slowe because he is Always late Into duel giving away costly freeicks.

Comment

Originally posted by MR.S View Post
                            ^Sure he is a DM but u have to atleast win the ball without fouling every single time. And thats why we call him some because he is Always late Into duel giving away costly freeicks.
                            Please re-watch the game.

He got the ball without fouling many times.

He might have fouled 3 times the entire game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

When was the last time ezi had an impressive game for TM? It's really shameful how much form he has lost in the last year him and sardar are regressing at very strange times in their careers.
                              Team Meli Iran
                              Perspolis FC
                              Malavan Bandar Anzali

"I will never be able to say good bye to Iran. I have a feeling of belonging to this country and to the people." - Carlos Queiroz

Comment

Abdollahzadeh is a poor mans version of Ando.
                                "History is a set of lies that people have agreed upon,"

Comment

Working...
                                X