Clear All

Originally posted by MR.S View Post
    My World Cup team and formation as for now 4-1-4-1
    Beira
    Ghafouri,Jalal,Pag,Milad
    Ezzi
    Arj,Dejagah,Ghoddos,Taremi
    Azmoun
    Score 2 and concede 4 kind of formation for the WC.
    چو ایران نباشد تن من مباد
    We thank and support Mr.Kamran Delan for many years of dedication and service to Iranian Football Community.

Comment

Originally posted by Salar View Post
      Score 2 and concede 4 kind of formation for the WC.
      Not necerly all the player in my midfield formation have defensive qualities. Is hajsafi your amo or what?

Comment

Iran vs Russia Player Ratings | Post Match Discussion

I am tired of JB's shitty oskol looking CR7 freekicks and corners! Like does he even aim? Ebrahimi should be taking the freekicks!

Comment

As I see it our front four is clear now and should be .

Ghoddos ---- Dejagah ----- Taremi---

-------------Azmoun----------

Options from the bench should be ARJ , Gucci, and Alipour. Alipour brings something totally different to our front line with out and out pace that could be very valuable in certain situation in WC. Better imo than having Karim imo , who has also already been to 2 WC's. Kaveh is also an option if he continues form with charleroi. Battle should be between him and Karim. Alipour will be interesting because he can play on wing like taremi is doing but on the other side. Physically he is fantastic as well.

Comment

really disappointed that Gucci's being left out to dry. He's always extremely effective for TM and already has a WC of experience under his belt. I don't see Azmoun as being clearly ahead of him, especially given his shitty club form.

by the way, it looks like jalal, gucci, dejagah, hajsafi, jahanbakhsh and haghighi will be seeing a second world cup. prior to this, only masoud, nekounam, daei, teymourian and mahdavikia had seen multiple world cups. this international experience will be helpful when these guys eventually become coaches.

i think having 5-6 players with world cup experience, and 7 years of the same coach and system will really give us a good shot at the second round. i also think we're favorites for the asian cup.

Comment

Alipour may get the call if he continue to perform well, he has a great stamina, just like Kaveh. The issue is we have too many options up front or even as wingers.

Comment

Originally posted by OFFSIDE_1 View Post
                Looking at all the games we've played, it's becoming more and more obvious that we need to slow down the tempo and not get into this wide open game. Yes, it's entertaining, but that doesn't give us wins. That's not our strength.

As much as fans like to see the up tempo games, we will have a hard time winning anything in the worldcup if we get trapped into an attack mode strategy. Watching the Iran-Russia game, we were vulnerable the moment we decided to switch to a free flowing game in the 2nd half. Same thing with Syria. We are strong when we slow down the pace, play a physical and disruptive game with our DM and rely on mistakes from our opponent. The Argentina game is a perfect example, and had we been awarded a penalty kick, who knows what could have happened. Against Bosnia, well, we all know how that turned out
                In one sense, I couldn't agree with you more... we are a counter attacking team. It's what we do best and it's how we get our results.

On the other hand, we have to have a plan B. You reference the Bosnia game. We had to win that and you don't go into must win games setting up the way we did against Argentina.

3rd place is not a success for us. I'd rather we finish 4th having made an effort to qualify in the final game rather than draw every game playing defensively without taking risks. New Zealand did that in 2010. What do they have to show for it.

Comment

I don't expect much difference in the way we will play in comparison to the 2014 World Cup, especially in our opening game.

We are too vulnerable when we play an open game and in the first game this is a suicidal thing to do. Theoretically, if you get 1 point from your first game you are still in the race for a 2nd spot in the group till the last match day.

Comment

We got a very diffrent team now compared to when Cq took over TM. We dont nere to play ultra defensive anymore with the player we got. Altough cleensheets are important i Think we can play the same game with one less DM 4-1-4-1 is the same as 4-2-3-1 its all about tactics. . I rate this TM very high we got the players. the key Will be stamina to play för 90 min.

Comment

Working...
                    X